Prologue**

My Twisted Fairy Tale: It's MAGIC

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“And why do I have to wear this suit, again?” I asked my mom who was busily fixing my tie.

 

“Because your dad wanted you to meet this girl. As what he’d told me last night, she’s the daughter of Seo Telecommunications. So, don’t mess around. Okay? Mr. Seo is a big client. Your dad won’t like it if you go fooling around this time.” My mom looked at me and smiled.

 

I sighed. “Why do I have to go dating every daughter of dad’s clients? This is crazy.”

 

“Well, you’ll have the company soon enough. You have to help in every little way you can to make it more prosperous. It’s for your future dear.”

 

“And “every little way you can” includes me dating all those girls?”

 

“Well, I think so.”

 

This conversation is annoying. I remembered this had happened before. Well, this argument ALWAYS happens whenever they force me “date”. This is tiring, and stupid.

 

“If only hyung was here.” I looked at my mom, whose face changed from cheerful to gloomy.

 

 

“You shouldn’t tall about that inside this house Cho Kyuhyun.”

She turned her back at me and walked to the door. I sighed hopelessly. What a pathetic family I have.

 

Mom went out of my room. Before closing the door, she let out a deep breath and said: “ She’ll be waiting for you at the restaurant. Be there before 2pm.” And I heard the door closed.

 

Well, this is Cho Kyuhyun’s pathetic life. MY pathetic life.

 

I am the youngest son of Cho Banking and Finance’s President and CEO. I am 16 years old and currently attending high school. I have an older brother, my only brother Siwon-hyung. He’s the best person in the world, next to mom. But his name is not to be mentioned inside our house. That was because of what happened 3 years ago, when I was 13 and he was 18. That day, when hyung went away, I became a different person. I was forced to fill up his place in the family. What happened 3 years ago made me hate him. He’s a coward. He is selfish.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror. Time to go to another stupid date, Kyuhyun.

 

“Don’t mess up.” I told myself as walk out of my room.

 

Yoona’s POV

 

“Good morning milady!”

 

I opened my eyes lazily. Standing beside my bed was Minyoo, my lady maid.

 

I covered my face with a pillow and motioned to go away. But instead of going out of my room, she pulled off my blanket and jumped over my bed.

 

“Yoong-ah, you have to wake up NOW! You have your uniform fitting now. You have to get it done because school starts tomorrow! Get up! Get up!”

 

I sat up and glared at her.

 

“You are sooooo annoying.” I got up and went to my dresser to comb my hair.

 

She giggled and got off from my bed. She looked at me while I was busy untangling my hair.

 

“You look very beautiful even without makeup.”

 

“Minyoo-ah, you say that every time you see my reflection in the mirror. Don’t you get tired?”

 

She shook her head. “Nope. I won’t get tired of reminding you how beautiful you are.”

 

I smiled at her. This girl really knows how to lighten my mood.

 

I stood up and went out of the room, with Minyoo following me.

 

“Good morning milady! Breakfast I ready. Have a seat!” , Mrs. Kim, Minyoo’s mom, greeted me as I arrived at the dining area.

 

“Where’s dad?” I asked.

 

“He went on an out-of-the-country trip this morning. He said he’ll be out for three days. He left you a note on his study table.” The old lady replied.

 

I rushed to the stairs to my dad’s study room.

 

“Milady! Don’t run! You might get yourself hurt!” I heard Mrs. Kim shriek.

 

Panting, I opened the door and walked to my dad’s table.

 

In a pink stationery paper, it said:

 

To my Sweet Angel

 

Yoona dear,

 

          I’m off to China for 3 days. I have some very important business matters to discuss so I’d be busy. But I promise to call you. I’m so sorry I can’t drive you to your new school tomorrow. Anyways, take care and do good in school as you always did, okay?

 

 

                   I love you honey!

 

 

-DAD- 

 

 I sighed. He’s out. Again. He never keeps his promise. I crumpled the letter in my hand and looked around the room.

 

Well, I should have gotten used to this. I’ve been living with dad for 10 years so things like this shouldn’t frustrate me. But part of me wanted to cry.

 

I picked up our family picture from dad’s table.

 

Ten years ago, we are a perfect family. Mom cooks the breakfast, Dad takes me to school. But suddenly, everything changed. My world turned upside down. Today was never like before. Nothing remained the same.

 

I walked back to the dining area to eat my breakfast.

 

“Your uniform will be available for fitting at 10 o’clock.” Minyoo said as she filled my glass with juice.

 

I just nodded. There’s no point of being excited on fitting uniforms. I do this almost three times a year whenever I transfer school. I have such a boring life.

 

I hope tomorrow would be better. I hope this school is the last school I’d attend.

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Geez. She’s 30 minutes late! Are girls always like this?

 

Well, I hope this Seo Joohyun girl is way too different from the rest. I wish she’d just allow me to go.

 

I was playing with my wine glass when suddenly, a girl stopped by my table.

 

“Excuse me. Are you Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

I looked up. I saw a pretty girl with long, straight hair. She smiled at me.

 

I stood up and tried to be formal.

 

“Yes, I am. You are Seo Joohyun, right?” I asked, offering my hand.

 

“Yes. Just call me Seohyun for short.” She took my hand and shook it.

 

“Shall we sit down?” she asked.

 

This is it.

 

“Ah, Seohyun-ah. Can you just.. ahm…”

 

She looked at me in the eyes. She looked prettier now.

 

“You want to tell me something, right?” she asked.

 

“Yeah. Well, you know our parents just arranged this…date. So I was wondering if you’d just tell them we dated but you know…we…we won’t.” Gosh. I really in front of girls.

 

“You mean I’d make up a lie?” she asked. Her brow’s now raised.

 

I thought about it. I’d ask a girl I just knew to lie for me. A very likely favor. I . But I really don’t want to date a girl I don’t like.

 

I just nodded.

 

She just smiled. “Okay. I’m good at lying.”

 

I looked at her in disbelief.

 

“What?”

 

“I said, you can go. I’d make up a lie.” She winked.

 

“Thank you very much Seohyun! It was really nice meeting you!” I smiled and took her hand.

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

Kyuhyun smiled very handsomely and took my hand.

 

“You owe me one then.” I smiled.

 

“Yeah. Sure. So, can I go?” he asked.

 

I nodded. “Of course.”

 

“Thanks again! Bye!”

 

“Bye, Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

It’ll not be the last time we’ll meet. Someday, you’ll be mine.

 

I reached for my handphone and dialed my secretary, Jessica.

 

“Hello madam?” the girl on the other line answered.

 

“I’d like you to research everything about Cho Kyuhyun of Cho Banking and Finance. Find out where he studies, his hobbies, everything. Understand?”

 

“Yes madam.”

 

“Good.” And I hung up.

 

Cho Kyuhyun. I like you. And I’ll have you.