Meeting

The Manhwa Namja
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meeting

 

 "Agassi, welcome back. How was school?" Mr. Lee smiled from behind the front desk.

Jieun has just come back straight from school. It wasn't like she had a friend to go out with.

"Okay. I guess." she replied faintly. I'll be going up now. Mr. Lee nodded.

"Ah, Agassi. Before I forget. A package came from your father this morning. I've sent it to your room."

"Thank you." Jieun smiled, more sincerely this time. Jieun entered the elevator and pressed her floor: the penthouse.

She walked out and followed the narrow corridor. She swiped her key and entered taking off her shoes. The flowers she received this morning from *Jongin were now in a vase on one of her tables. The note was placed right next to it. She opened it and read what it says.

"Happy birthday Jieun. Have a good one! Love always, Jongin."

She sighed and put the note down. Kim Jongin was the heir to Kim Enterprises, one of the largest companies in Korea. He's been courting her for a while now, sending her stuff and such. She just wasn't interested. She saw him as a good friend.

She put her bag on the sofa, then plopped next to it, pressing her phone to check her messages. Jieun smiled at the first message.

"Ayo Jieun. Happy birthday! So sorry I can't be there! Let's catch up when I get back! I love you!" It was her best friend, Soojung. They've known each other since they were in diapers. Soojung was one of the few that never broke her trust. But Soojung has been living in the US for two years now. They haven't seen each other since, but has been calling and messaging each other regularly.

"Hi Jieun. It's Jongin. Did you get the flowers? They're nowhere near as pretty as you, but I hope you like them. Happy birthday!"

"I wonder if Mr. Lee sent him my regards" Jieun thought.

"Hey Angel." It was the one she's been waiting for. "Sorry I'm not there for you on your birthday! I love you honey." Her dad has been travelling the world for the past year. He wanted to take her with him, be she refused to go. She said she can't just leave school. Now, she lives alone in the penthouse of one of the hotels her father owns. "Did you get my gift? Call me when you get back!"

"Right! the gift!" Jieun jumped off the sofa when she remembered, eyes scanning the room. Her eyes landed on the box at the center table. She opened it, taking the note inside.

"Happy birthday Angel. I hope you like these. I love you. ♥Dad."

She smiled and dialed her father's number, while looking through the contents of the box.

He picked up on the fourth ring.

"Jieun!"

"Appa! Thank you for these!" Inside, there was a book by John Red, and another by Prick Giordan, her two favorite authors. The books were English copies, but she had no problem. She was pretty great at English. She squealed in delight when she opened the books and saw that they were signed.

"OMG! APPA! THANK YOU! I can't believe you got these signed for me!"

"No problem, sweetie. I found the time to look for them when I was in the US." There were a few clothes and accessories, a music CD from her favorite band, and other souvenirs her dad got from around the world.

One thing caught her eye. It was a manhwa, one she never saw or heard of before. It looked pretty old too.

"Appa, what's this manhwa?"

"Oh! Right! I remember you used to love that stuff when you were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter