Meeting

The Manhwa Namja
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeting

 

“Met at the bus stop.” Jieun cut Youngmin off, glaring at him.

The room was silent and for the first time in forever, everyone’s attention was focused on Jieun.

Jieun took a deep breath and tried to look as casual as possible.

“I’ve always been the only one at that stop, so when I saw him this morning and saw his uniform, I asked him and we talked for a bit.” Jieun lied.

When everyone shifted their attention, and only Youngmin was left looking at Jieun, she sent daggers at Youngmin and warned him not to say another word.

“It’s settled then,” the teacher said, “Hwang Jieun, follow me to the office to collect your hall pass for tomorrow. That’s all, you may all go.” Everyone rose from their seats and collected their things and made their way out of the room.

 Jieun let out a sigh and made her way to the office. After getting the hall pass for  Youngmin and herself, she left and made her way out of the school. That was, until she was stopped by three girls who she recognized to be in her class.

“Look, whoever you are, if you think you have a one-up against all of us because you share the same bus stop with Youngmin oppa-“

Oh god, not this. Jieun thought to herself. Jieun raised her hand to stop the girl talking, and cleared . “Look, all I did was ask him his name this morning. After we got on the bus, we didn’t say a word to each other, we didn’t even sit next to each other. We never interacted at all after that. I don’t know why he insisted that I tour him around school, but don’t worry because I have absolutely no interest in him.”

The girls stood there and looked at Jieun. When they didn’t say anything, Jieun walked past them to leave.

“And stop calling him oppa. He’s just the same age, it sounds pathetic.” She said without even looking back.

Jieun was relieved that she was able to think of a lie in such a short span of time.  She realized that she’s gonna have to get used to it, because living with Youngmin means that she’ll be doing more lying. She just hopes that she would be able to keep up with all the lies, and pray not to get caught.

 

With her thoughts wandering, she mindlessly reached the bus stop. She took a quick look around and scanned the people she was going to share the bus with. Youngmin was standing at the opposite side of the bus stop and was looking intently at Jieun. She caught his gaze and looked at him for a second or two before looking away. Jieun was thinking so much about Youngmin, that she actually forgot him. Does that make sense to you? If it doesn’t, don’t worry because it didn’t to Jieun, either.

 

When the bus came, Jieun took her usual seat in front, and Youngmin, like Jieun said, kept his distance. Stop after stop, the bus emptied of high school students, and soon, it was only Jieun and Youngmin.  Youngmin sat at the now empty space next to Jieun and contemplated on whether to say something.  Jieun paid no attention to him, and the two sat in silence until they reached the hotel.

Jieun walked ahead of Youngmin, and he lifelessly followed after her.  As they passed the front desk, Mr. Lee gave them a questioning look. Youngmin just gave a slight bow in response.

To the penthouse, they had the elevator to their selves. The enclosed space and deafening silence was driving Youngmin mad.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter