Confessions

Save My Broken Life

"Wow, you two are really great cooks! This is the best meal I've had in a while." Yeol said as he finished the last of his dinner. 

"He's right. This was really delicious" Kris agreed. 

Karly smiled at Luhan. "Looks like we'll ace our cooking project."

"I think we will." Luhan said. 

*The four chatted for a while longer before Luhan checked the time*

"I would stay to help you clean up, but I have to get going. My dad will be home from his work trip soon and I want to get home before him." Luhan said to Karly softly. 

"Don't worry about cleaning up, I've got it. Kris, do you mind driving Luhan back home?" Karly asked. 

"Oh no it's fine. I can walk, it's not that far." Luhan said. 

"The sooner you get home the better right?" Karly asked him back. "Let kris take you. Please?" Karly said touching Luhan's arm. 

"You can't turn her down now, she said please. That's rule number 1 with Karly in our group." Yeol said giving Luhan a soft smile. 

"Okay, I'll take a ride. Thank you Kris." Luhan said in defeat. 

"No problem man, let's go". Kris said as he got up and walked towards the front door. 

"I'll see you on Monday. Thanks for today. I had a great time." Karly said and gave Luhan a soft peck on his cheek. 

"Trust me, this was the best weekend I've had in years, so thank you." Luhan said smiling back at her. 

*In the car* 

"So I just have to ask, what's going on between you two?" Kris asked once they started driving. 

"I'm honestly not sure. I thought she was just being nice to me because that's her personality, but then she kept saying today was a date. I can't tell if she's joking or not." Luhan answered.

"Do you want her to be serious? Do you want to date her?" Kris asked 

"I like her, Kris. Truly, I do. But look at me, she's way out of my league. Plus, she has you. I'm not getting in between you guys. That's not what friends do." Luhan said genuienly. 

"Okay first, Karly and I are just friends. Family even. She's like a sister to me. I love her, but as family. I'd do anything to protect her from feeling the way she did before, but I will never be her man. I can tell she likes you. I've never seen her act this way with anyone else. Yes, she's nice to everyone. But it's different with you. It's like her heart chose you before she even realized what happened." Kris said and glanced over at Luhan. 

"And second, only she can decide if a guy is in her league or not. From what I can see, you'd be really good for her. She needs someone beside my brother and I to care for her and love her. If that's what you want to do, I'd say go for it. Tell her how you feel." Kris encouraged. 

"I don't know.... My life is messy. I don't want to bring that to her after she finally got some peace." Luhan said looking out the window. 

"Just think about it. The worst thing you can do is not even give yourself a chance." Kris said as he pulled into Luhan's apartment complex. 

"Thanks Kris, for the ride and the talk. You're a really cool guy." Luhan said and then he got out of the car and rushed up to his apartment. 

*Back at Karly's apartment* 

"Ow Ow Ow oh my god you're killing me Karls." Yeol groaned as Karly cleaned his wound again. 

"I'm sorry Yeol, but you're bleeding too much, I have to keep cleaning it so you don't get an infection. Just hang in there." Karly said and gave Yeol's arm a light squeeze. 

"Okay but seriously, what's the deal with Luhan? It seems like you really like him." Yeol asked all of a sudden. 

"I don't even know Yeol. I'm serious. I've never felt this way about a person before. We talked for a while by the river today and his life is pretty messy too. Like mine was, but even worse. Maybe it's because we both come from a hell of a family, so having someone that understands me just makes me feel real. Like I don't have to keep wearing this mask. But I really think I like him. He's thoughtful, he's kind and gentle, he's really smart and hard working. Maybe I'm falling for him." Karly said honestly. 

"Karls, I think you've already fallen for him. Now it's just up to him to catch you." Yeol said smiling at her. 

*Later that night at Karly's apartment* 

"Karls, you got a minuet?" Kris asked knocking on Karly's bedroom door. 

"Come in! " Karly responded as she finished brushing out her hair. 

"Hey. I just wanted to talk to you for a little bit" Kris said sitting down on the edge of Karly's bed. 

"What's up?" Karly asked. 

"So Yeol told me what you said about Luhan." Kris started. "And I just wanted to tell you that I talked to Luhan in the car." Kris said. 

"About what?" Karly asked. 

"About you two." Kris answered. 

"What did he say?" Karly asked nervously. 

"He likes you Karly. He really does. But he's worried about not being good enough for you. He said his life is too messy and he doesn't want you to deal with that again." Kris told her. 

"He said that?" Karly asked. Kris looked at her deeply for a moment and nodded. 

Karly couldn't decide if she should feel happy that Luhan likes her back, or if she should be sad that he thinks he isn't good enough for her. Kris could tell she was bothered and reached out his arm to her. 

"Hey, come here." Kris said and pulled Karly into his chest. "What's on your mind?" He asked her while he held her. 

"I'm happy he likes me back, but I hate that he has to worry about all that other stuff. Love should be simple. Just two people caring about each other and no one else. Not worrying about bringing chaos. That's just part of life, I wouldn't turn him down just beause of his family, and I know he'd say the same for me." Karly said as she sighed. 

"Karls, you're both worrying about too much. Just think about your own feelings. Love is simple. It's only complicated if you make it that way." Kris said rubbing Karly's back. 

"Says the guy in the most complicated relationship ever." Karly scoft. 

"Hey come on now. Victoria and I are in a very different situation. It won't be complicated once I get to Canada." Kris said and let go of Karly. 

"What if Henry goes too?" Karly asked looking up at Kris. 

"Henry already got accepted into Berklee. He loves music more than anything. I don't think he'll give up that dream. Not even for Victoria. Plus, I'm confident in our love. She promised to wait for me. I trust her." Kris said smiling at karly. 

"You're right. Will you tell her I miss her the next time she calls?" Karly asked. 

"I will. Now you get some rest. And careful with your burn. Goodnight Karls." Kris said and walked out of her room, shutting the door behind him. 

"Goodnight!" Karly calls out to him. 

*In Luhan's room the same night* 

"Ma, what if Kris is right? What if she really does like me too? Am I good enough? Can I make her happy? I wish you were here to help me through all of this. I miss you, mom." Luhan said to his picture of his mother.