First Aid

Save My Broken Life

"Is everything okay?" Luhan asked as the two of them rushed towards Karly's apartment. 

"Yeol got hurt riding. They're meeting us at the apartment so I can clean the wound and patch him up. I told Kris he wasn't ready yet." Karly explained. 

"Wait, why are they getting first aid from you and not going to a clinic near by?" Luhan asked. 

"Their dad owns a medical equipment company. Even most of the smaller clinics use their products. If they go anywhere public, they'll risk their dad finding out. Kris promised his dad he wouldn't take Yeol riding until he turns 18." Karly explained. 

"I did a couple of summer study programs at the hospital by our school and I've pretty much mastered first aid and some basic medical treatments. Kris, Yeol, and Tao usually come to me anytime they need medical care now." Karly continued. 

"No wonder, and you're on the pre-med track for school too. Do you think you'll be a doctor one day?" Luhan asked. 

"I'm not sure. I just wanted to learn how to help people. That's what makes me happy." Karly answered. 

"Well you would make an amazing doctor. And the prettiest one at that." Luhan said. His confidence in giving Karly a compliment surprised even himself.

"Thanks Luhan. That's really sweet of you to say." Karly smiled at him. 

They got to the apartment complex and got in the elevator up to the 7th floor. 

When they arrived at Karly's front door, Kris and Yeol where already there waiting. Kris was helping Yeol stay standing and there was a lot of blood seeping through the gauze on yeol's right knee. 

"Jesus Yeol, how fast did you take that turn?" Karly said, eyeing his knee as she unlocked the door. 

"I know I know, you told me so. Please can we save the scolding for after? This hurts so bad." Yeol begged. 

"Kris, can you help get him set up on the bench?" Karly asked as she rushed to the closet to grab her medical kit. 

"Alright buddy, nice and easy" Kris said as he gently set Yeol on the bench and lifted his right leg to rest on it. 

"Alright I'll take it from here" Karly said and kneeled down next to Yeol's knee. She began cleaning up the wound and Yeol winced. 

"Sorry Yeol, this is going to sting a bit, but I'll try to be fast. Why don't you talk to Luhan to distract yourself." Karly said softly. 

"How was the farmer's market? Did you guys get anything yummy to eat?" Yeol asked, looking at Luhan and desperately hoping the pain would fade. 

"Um yeah actually Karly picked out some peaches that reminded both of us of our childhood. And we also got a lot of fresh, in season vegatables. Karly was thinking about making a stir fry dish and a soup tonight." Luhan told him. 

"Here Luhan" Kris said as he handed him a glass of water. 

"Thanks" Luhan said to Kris. 

"Make yourself comfortable." Kris nodded his head towards the open spot on the couch. 

Luhan smiled and sat down. 

"Well I'm glad I bought all that stuff. I wasn't expecting two extra guests for dinner, but I can't exactly kick out an injured person can I?" Karly joked as she put fresh bandage over Yeol's knee. 

"Oh yeah, sorry for crashing your date by the way." Kris said, looking at Luhan. 

"Date? Wait what? You didn't tell us you guys were dating." Yeol raised an eyebrow at Karly. 

"Not that it's any of your business, but we're not dating. We just went out together today. And last time I checked, I didn't have to report every datail of my life to you two." Karly said and eyed both Yeol and Kris. 

"Well I'm all for team Luhan. I support this" Yeol said giving Luhan a cheesy smile and thumbs up. 

"Um... I really don't think we're---" Luhan was cut off by Karly. 

"We're not there yet. But we had a great time today. Right Luhan?" Karly asked. 

"Yeah. Yeah absolutely. It was great." Luhan was starting to blush. 

"Alright you're all set for now. I'll clean it again in a few hours." Karly said and patted Yeol on his head. 

"Why don't you guys pick out a movie or something to watch on the TV and Luhan and I can start on the cooking." Karly suggested. 

"Will do." Kris responded and turned the TV on. 

*A little while later* 

The show Kris and Yeol were watching ended and Karly and Luhan were almost done with the cooking. 

"I just need to finish chopping the squash and adding it to the soup, then we'll be ready for dinner." Karly said to the guys. 

"Alright, I'll just flip through the channels and see what's on TV." Yeol said and started channel surfing. 

He stopped on a medical show that he knew Karly really liked. The episode was about a woman trying to get help escaping her abusive husband. Karly glanced at Luhan. 

"Not this show. Let's watch something else." Karly said. 

"What? This is like your favorite show." Yeol questioned. 

"Not this episode. I don't like it. Change it." Karly said as she glanced at Luhan again, worried that he was already getting uncomfortable. She was trying to read the expression on his face and accidently brushed her arm against the pot of soup that was boiling. 

"Ahh" Karly winced and quickly covered that spot of her arm with her other hand. 

"Here run it under some cold water" Luhan said as he gently pulled her arm under the faucet. 

"I'll get the burn cream" Kris said as he rushed back to the medical kit again. He brought it over and Luhan reached out for it. 

"I got it." Luhan said as he grabbed the cream from Kris. 

Luhan started putting the burn cream on Karly's arm and blew on it softly to help sooth her red skin. 

"Thank you" Karly blushed. 

"Feel better now?" Luhan asked after a few more cooling blows. 

Karly nodded and smiled at him. 

"You go sit and watch TV, I'll finish up in here." Luhan said and gently ushered Karly out of the kitchen. 

"Man, this is one weird weekend for sure" Yeol said looking between everyone in that apartment.