A project starts a new friendship

Save My Broken Life
At Seoul Academy, there are three faces of the student body. Two of them being the tall, god-like, stepbrothers who's family owned the school. When they walk down the hallways, all the girls are drooling over them. Kris, the older one, has perfect straight blond hair, tall and fit body, he's smart and active. Chanyeol, the younger one, has soft curly blond hair, sweet features, perfect teeth, tall and fit body, and is a happy virus. 
 
So who is the third? Of course it's the beauty in-between these two gods, Karly. Karly, the only girl allowed near kris and Chanyeol, is a slightly tall and curvy girl. Her long and wavy brown hair flows gracefully behind her body and her smile brightens up everyone's day. She is the true star of this school. Master of languages, top of every AP class, leader of the student body, Girls Dance team coach, every teacher's favorite student and every man's dream girl. But of course, with kris and Chanyeol as her BFFs, she's the girl no one can approach. 
 
"Guys let's watch a movie and party at Karly's house this weekend!" Chanyeol suggested on Friday afternoon. 
 
"It's been a while since the last time we slept over" kris agreed. 
 
"You two are welcomed anytime of course. I'll have the guest room cleaned then. Yeol, you pick the movie and kris, you pick the food." Karly announced before reaching her last class of the day. 
 
"Have fun in Home Ec. Karly!" Yeol hugged her. 
 
"Want us to drive you home?" Kris asked.
 
"Mmm I'll text you. Thanks guys." Karly waved and entered the classroom. 
 
"Alright class, today we are going to go over the rules and guidelines for the new project." The teacher announced. 
 
"Since we have been learning a lot about cooking, it's time for you to make your own dishes. You will pick a partner and the two of you must creat a unique dish of any kind and give an explanation of how it fits both of you." She explained. 
 
"So let's all pick partners. Karly, would you like to pick first this time?" She asked. 
 
"Karly! Pick me! Me!" A bunch of people cheered. 
 
Karly looked all around and her eyes stopped on an innocent blond sitting at the back of the classroom looking at his desk. She smiled and turned to the teacher. 
 
"I pick.... Luhan" Karly said with a smile. 
 
Everyone went silent and Luhan looked up with shock. 
 
"Him?" "Is she crazy?" "What a loser?" People mumbled. 
 
"Alright then. Let's continue" 
 
So after everyone picked partners it was time to get together and brainstorm ideas. 
 
Karly gathered all of her things and went to meet Luhan in the back. 
 
"Nice to meet you, I'm karly." She smiled sweetly at him.
 
"Oh umm.. Nice to meet you too. I'm Luhan.." He mumbled quietly. 
 
"You're so quiet. I like that. So what foods do you like?" They started taking notes and sharing ideas or the project. 
 
"Alright, we start practicing next week! Have a good weekend everyone!" The teacher announced. 
 
The bell rang and everyone ran out. 
 
"I'll see you Monday then. Have a good weekend Luhan." Karly said with her sweet smile.
 
"Thank you. You too." Luhan bowed politely. 
 
Karly stopped by to check on kris and yeol who were finishing a basketball game. 
 
"Guess I'll be walking then." She chuckled to herself. 
 
As she walked down the hallway she saw two larger figures and heard unkind words spoken. She walked closer, slowly and quietly, and realized it was two football players bullying another student. Luhan. He gets bullied by everyone. Feeling sad for him she decided to help. 
 
She ran up to Luhan smiling and cut right in-front of the two jerks. 
 
"Hey Luhan!" She cheered. 
 
"Hey girl, you're kinda interrupting." One of the guys said. 
 
Karly turned to the guy with a cute smile. 
 
"Oh well I'm terribly sorry...... But I really couldn't care less." She spit out her last words with a glare. 
 
"Who do you think you are?" The guy asked. 
 
"Dude, she's protected by the king brothers. She's not someone you can mess with." The other one warned. 
 
"I'll be nice and give you two 3 seconds to vanish." She warned coldly. 
 
The two football players ran off instantly. Karly smiled and turned back to Luhan. 
 
"Mind if I walk with you?" She asked. 
 
"Umm... Sure." Luhan looked down at the ground. 
 
"Well let's go!" She cheered and headed off. 
 
While they walked, Luhan stayed quiet and stayed behind karly. 
 
"You shouldn't let people talk to you like that." Karly broke the silence. 
 
"It's no big deal anyway. But thanks for the advise." Luhan responded. 
 
"So you like Chinese food huh?" Karly changed the subject. 
 
"Yes, it reminds me of my mother.. I'm also Chinese so..." Luhan looked up at the sky. 
 
"So am I. But for me, it's my dad." Karly smiled. 
 
"I didn't know you were Chinese. You speak perfect Korean.." Luhan was a little surprised. 
 
"I'm a master of languages. I'm fluent in 4 Asian languages and of course English." Karly explained. 
 
"I've heard. You're like the most impressive student of the century." Luhan noted. 
 
Karly simply laughed. 
 
"That's quiet a big compliment. Thank you Luhan." 
 
They came across the snack street and Karly got really excited. 
 
"Ooooh! Wait for me real quick!" She yelled and ran to an old lady's shop. 
 
She talked to her for a while, hugged the grandma, and payed for some food. 
 
"I'm back! Here try these." She handed Luhan a taro bubble tea and a bag of freshly baked cookies. 
 
"Mrs. Lee makes the best boba and cookies" Karly said and enjoyed her snack. 
 
Luhan hesitated but took a bite of the cookie and was amazed by the sweetness. He finished that cookie and took a sip of the boba. 
 
"Wow....this really is delicious." Luhan had a small smile on his face and Karly was proud.
 
"Told ya." Karly laughed and started walking again. 
 
The two chatted a little more about the project and their favorite Chinese foods. 
 
"Oh well I'm home now." Luhan said as they reached an apartment complex. 
 
"Oh, I'm just a few blocks down. Thanks for walking with me today." She smiled to him. 
 
"Thank you for the snacks. And the stories." He smiled shyly. 
 
"See you on Monday!" Karly waved to him and ran off. 
 
*Later that night*
 
"Karly!!!!!" Chanyeol yelled while knocking on her door loudly. 
 
"Yah! She has neighbors you know!" Kris scolded. 
 
"Welcome back boys. Come on in." Karly said as she opened the door.
 
"Sorry about him. You know how he is." Kris apologized. 
 
"It's ok. I love Yeol. He's so much fun." Karly patted yeol's head. 
 
"So what do you guys want for dinner?" Karly asked as they sat down in the living room.
 
"We haven't had your homemade Chinese meat sauce spaghetti in a long time." Kris said while turning on the tv. 
 
"Sounds good to me. I've gotta start practicing old Chinese dishes anyway." Karly agreed as she grabbed ingredients out of the fridge. 
 
"Why? Do you have a cooking project?" Yeol asked while reading the movie list. 
 
"Yeah. I feel like my partner and I would do great on a Chinese dish." Karly smiled. 
 
"Who is it?" Yeol loved questions. 
 
"Luhan" Karly replied. 
 
"......" Two bodies were frozen. 
 
"Guys, he's a great person." Karly frowned at their reaction. 
 
"He's the loser of the school. It takes talent to be a senior with grades like you and still be the biggest loser." Yeol stated.
 
"Yah! How can you two say that. We're the head of the student body. You can't judge other people. And you're only a junior." Karly scolded. 
 
"But babe, (yes kris calls Karly babe sometimes) that's gonna hurt your image." Kris reminded.
 
"I don't care. He's a great person, he's extremely smart, and actually very cute." Karly smiled again.
 
"You.... Don't like him, do you?" Yeol asked with a worried look. 
 
"Yeol, I just started getting to know him. Relax." 
 
The rest of that weekend went exactly as planned. The three friends spent the whole time together. Sometimes at Karly's house, sometimes out at food tents, and sometimes at the park. The three had a great time. 
 
Luhan on the other hand, stayed in his room all weekend quietly. He did his homework and studied the rest of the time. Except on Friday night, he held a picture of his mother close to his heart. 
 
"Ma, I hope you are well. I'm good too. I have some good news." Luhan paused for a moment and smiled. 
 
"I finally have a friend."