Chapter 5

Within My Heart Is Time ©

CHAPTER FIVE

Author’s POV; Present

As Ah Nah walked towards the headmasters office, being slightly dragged by Hoya who was clutching her wrist firmly she thought back to the boy who was back there. Seungho. He seemed very nice; however, for some reason Hoya didn’t like him? Or at least, his attitude suggested that.

“Hoya…please let go?” Ah Nah whispered softly, but still audible, however Hoya was deep in his thoughts.

Hoya wondered why he had left the need to protect Ah Nah (not that Seungho would have harmed her) but he wondered why he had felt the need to step in and prevent Ah Nah from talking to Seungho.

As Hoya’s legs unconsciously brought him (and Ah Nah – since he was pulling her) to the headmasters office. As soon as Hoya’s brain had processed his new location he felt the need to leave, without any goodbyes he left leaving Ah Nah alone in the headmaster’s waiting room, with the little knowledge she had.

Ah Nah’s POV; Present

I sat on the ‘seat’ and waited and waited for the head master who seemed quite behind schedule. As I sat there, I looked around the room and noticed the numerous things, most of which I had no idea what they were.

“Hello…I didn’t get to introduce myself before, I’m Seungho of Class 3B”

I looked up, and there stood the boy, his smile lit up his face, and his eyes shined like jewels, just the sight of him brightened up my mood.

“Ahh….annyeong, I’m Ah Nah, and I don’t have a class yet?”

Seungho gave a small laugh, his smile growing wider. “Are you new?”

I simply nodded, not really knowing what else to say… and thankfully we were then interrupted.

“Ah Nah? Song Ah Nah? The headmaster is ready to see you, please come this way”

A lady appeared, dressed in a sharp dress that seemed awfully tight. I looked at her, and then Seungho, as I was about to say goodbye I was cut in by Seungho.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll talk to you next time, now hurry! Don’t want to keep the headmaster waiting, do we?” with that, Seungho winked, and left. “Goodbye, Song Ah Nah!”

Author’s POV; Present

Ah Nah followed the secretary into the headmasters office and saw the headmaster. He was a slim looking man, old, with numerous wrinkles and white hair. His beard was long and thick. To most, he would have reminded them of Dumbledore, however to Ah Nah, he simply looked like an old man.

“Please sit”

The headmaster looked at Ah Nah, motioning for her to sit down.

“So…you are a new student?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Well…I noticed that you have no previous academic results?”

“Ummm…yes?”

“Well, I have looked at your entrance exam results that you did yesterday, and we are very happy to have you at our school – on a full scholarship.”

Ah Nah’s expression didn’t change a scholarship? Obviously she didn’t even know what a scholarship was.

“Thanks you, very much, sir.”

“It seems that you are a very excellent student, however you lack extensively in the aspects of technology and geography, so for those classes you will be taking them with a lower class.”

“Anyway, lastly, you’ll be in class 3A”

“Thank you”

With that Ah Nah left, and taking out her schedule and map she walked towards her class, getting lost on the way.

Whilst in the corridors, Ah Nah watched as people whispered at her, looking at her quietly and gossiping. Ah Nah sighed, trying to hear what they were saying.

“Look! It’s her, she’s in 3A! New student! No one knows where she’s from!”

“3A really? Omo”

Ah Nah looked around aimlessly, what was wrong with her being in 3A. She sighed, before soon spotting Hoya.

“Oppa!”

Hoya turned to look at her, and so did the girl he was talking to, the girl stared, a slight fierceness in her eyes.

“Yeah?”

“Can you show me to my classroom?”

Hoya looked, slightly annoyed then looked at her schedule pointing in the direction of the room. Ah Nah sighed, it was obvious to her that he didn’t really want to talk to her, so she left and walked off towards the direction and got lost again, but soon found her destination. Geography. What was geography anyway?

Ah Nah’s POV; Present

As I walked into the classroom, the class stopped, everyone including the teacher turned to look. I however, did not return their looks but instead looked around the room in confusion, what were these things?

As the teacher noticed me, he came up to me giving me my name badge and introducing himself.

“Hello! I’m Ms. Tan, you’re new geography teacher. Here is your badge.”

Then she turned to the class.

“So….everyone, I would like you all to meet your new classmate, her name is Song Ah Nah. She is in Class 3A…” everyone gasped. “However, she will be with you for Geography, please treat her nicely, now…I will let Ah Nah introduce herself more?”

“Uhhh….Annyeong Haseyo, Ah Nah-imida. Nice to meet you all, ummm….I have lost my memory” Then I looked towards the teacher, signalling I was done with my confused eyes as the other students whispered amongst themselves. What was I meant to do? TO be honest I didn’t know, though I had lost my memory, it was clear to me – I did not know anything about this place, these things and never had I gone to school before.

“Okay, would anyone like to volunteer to sit next to Ah Nah, and show her around the school for the next few days?” As soon as the teacher finished talking, numerous hands shot up into the air. Everyone was eager to get to know me?

“You …you can” the teacher pointed in the direction of the walls, my gaze followed the hand and landed on him, Seungho.

“Ah Nah! Come here!”

I looked a little puzzled but was grateful to have my very first friend at the school, so I hurriedly walked up to him avoiding the people that seemed way too eager t get to know me, and I sat down beside Seungho.