Chapter 2

Within My Heart Is Time ©

CHAPTER TWO

Hoya’s POV; Present

That afternoon I was nearby the park with my little brother. School had just finished and I had picked up Dong-Min from the local preschool, glad to finally be able to spend some time with my little brother. Time had dragged along since the morning; the classes were boring as usual, and I almost died listening to the teacher blabber on about unimportant stuff.

Dong-Min, beside me was happily skipping whilst holding onto my hand. The sight of him made my heart melt, bringing a smile to my face. He was just the cutest thing.

“Hyung! Can I get some ice-cream, please…..” he whined with his puppy dog eyes, still clinging onto my arm. “Hyung….”

I gently smiled to myself as I led Dong-Min towards the nearby ice-cream shop and we got in the queue. Dong-Min hugged me gently as he stared at the array of ice cream flavours displayed behind the glass case and I chuckled as he drooled. He was off in his dream world, again.

On the other hand, I took the chance to check out the girl selling the ice cream behind the counter. Using my expert eyes, I glanced up and down her once, then decided that she was too cute for my liking.

I had never really liked cute and innocent girls, tried dating one once, but she ended up being too clingy.

As we approached the front of the queue, Dong-Min smiled up at the girl with the cutest face.

“Noona!”

She smiled back at him kindly. “Annyeong, what ice-cream would you like? Is your hyung buying?”

“Yeah! My hyung is the best!”

The girl laughed and she gave me a ‘aw that’s so adorable’ smile which caused me to slightly cringe. The girl picked up an ice cream cone and took the scooper out of the water tin. “So what do you want?”

“No! I want a waffle cone!” Dong-Min immediately protested as he saw the cone in her hand and he turned to me. “Hyung, I want a waffle cone!”

The girl gave me a questioning look and I nodded. Smiling at Dong-Min, she swapped the cone. “Mianhae, what do you want?”

“Strawberry, Chocolate and Cookies and Cream”

The girl nodded and made up the ice-cream. After paying, we walked towards the bench by the lake.

“Dong Min-ah, sit here okay? Hyung will go and get some food for himself, I will be back soon, don’t move.”

Author’s POV; Present

When Hoya returned to the bench, he was shocked to see Dong Min gone. Pale faced, Hoya began to search frantically for Dong Min until he noticed the big crowd which surrounded the lake.

With curiosity, Hoya pushed through the bustling crowd, and he felt himself relax as he saw Dong Min in the very middle of it.

“Look, hyung!” Dong Min giggled, not sounding guilty that he had left the bench at all, “It’s an angel!”

Hoya frowned and opened his mouth to scold Dong Min when out of the corner of his eyes he saw an object, or rather, a person floating on the lake.

His frown deepening, Hoya turned his head to look at the person floating on the lake, and saw her.

Hoya’s POV; Present

Looking around, I noticed that no one was willing to fetch the girl from the water. I sighed, and feeling that I should set a good example to Dong Min, I rolled up my jeans and stepped into the water, slowly walking towards the girl.

When I reached her I slowly lifted her up and carried her out of the water. I felt her snuggle closer to me, and hug my chest. I felt myself slightly blush, but waved the feeling away.

Song Ah Nah’s POV; Present

Still unconscious, I seem to feel myself being lifted.

My soul…is it leaving already? Goodbye world.

Slowly, I stopped rising, and I felt warmth spreading around me. I grasped the solid wall in which I thought the heat was coming from in an attempt to feel more of the warmth.

Slowly my consciousness came back; I began to hear voices around me, all whispering in awe.

My eyelids began rising, and my vision began to clear up. I looked around, and immediately saw a guy dressed in weird clothes bending down, his lips in contact with mine.

“She’s awake.”

Slowly the man’s face rose, and his lips left mine. I stared at my surroundings in awe, at the sky, the fancy white houses, the people surrounding me and most of all, the eccentric buzz coming from an unknown source.

“Are you okay?” he asked, watching me.

I nodded, slightly, and attempted to sit up, but struggled as my legs and arms failed me. With a sigh I collapsed back to the ground, breathing heavily.

Seeing that I won’t be able to get up by myself, the guy placed a gentle yet firm hold around my waist and he hoisted me up and led me to a chair like object.

“What’s your name?”

I frowned. What is my name?

I closed my eyes and racked my brain, trying to remember my name, or in that matter, anything about me, yet blankness overwhelmed me and splitting pain shot into my head.

My eyes snapped open with a start and I felt myself breathing heavily.

I can’t remember anything about me at all.

Who am I, What am I, Why I’m here…I don’t know.

All I know that I am now in a foreign country that is definitely not Korea. With all the weird and curious objects moving about on the streets and how the people here dress funnily, I am sure that I came to a European country.

I stared up at the guy and the people surrounding me, and I let out a small and wry smile.

“I don’t know who I am.”

Hoya’s POV; Present

She doesn’t know who she is!?

Oh great, this is not good…this is not good at all!

I frowned and then sighed heavily. As pretty as she is, I do not have time for a girl with a memory loss, I refuse to take care of her.

I glanced at the dispersing crowd, and my heart sank as I realized that no one here would be willing to take care of her as well. On the other hand, Dong Min seemed to be content staring at the girl and no matter how hard I tug at his hand, he is unwilling to leave.

The girl stared at me, and my heart twanged a bit as I stared into her big eyes. But just a bit.

Sighing, I gave up on leaving and then sat down next to her on the bench. “So you don’t remember anything? At all?” I asked, and glanced at the dress she was wearing.

I had to stifle a laugh. “What are you…an actress? What’s with that hanbok you’re wearing?”

The girl nodded, as if understanding what I was talking about. “I come from Korea, you see. Where am I? Am I in America?”

Dong Min giggled from beside me. “No, Ah Nah noona, we’re in Korea!”

The girl and I both turned to stare at Dong Min. “Ah Nah?” I raised one eyebrow.

Dong Min nodded and he flashed us a cute and adorable smile. “Yeah! I decided that her name is going to be Ah Nah!”

Song Ah Nah’s POV; Present

Ah Nah…. Ah Nah…..It sounds so familiar….

“I like it” I exclaimed, a smile coming to my face. “Song Ah Nah.”

The little boy looked pleased that I liked the name he gave me, and he sat down on the ground, causing his hyung to frown.

“So Ah Nah Noona, why were you in the lake?”

I tilted my head. “Lake?”

The little boy nodded. “You were in the lake before my hyung rescued you.”

I gave the guy sitting beside me a grateful smile. “Thank you very much…” I looked around myself and then suddenly remembered what the little boy told me.

“Wait,” I clasped my hands together. “Is this Korea?”

The guy snorted. “Don’t tell me you even lost memory of your own country.”

I frowned and then stood up, looking at their clothes. “If this is Korea, then what in the world are you wearing?”

I watched the guy as he looked down at his clothing, and then looked back at me, clueless. “A T-shirt and jeans. Why?”

T-Shirt? Jeans?

I looked clueless. “Where’s you hanbok?”

He and the little boy both cracked up at that point. “Hanbok? Aish, you are funny!”

I frowned and scratched my head.

What I said was Funny