Chapter 3

Within My Heart Is Time ©

CHAPTER THREE

Jaejoong POV; Past

Pacing to and from in the room, I felt my heartbeat quicken dramatically as I recalled what had happened when I told the citizens that the princess is dead.

No one believed me.

All because this darned old ahjussi just had to say that he can still ‘feel her presence’ and made everyone believe his theory.

What does he mean by that? What does he mean that he can still feel her presence?

With gritted teeth, I turned over to a guard standing beside the door.

“Send for the wizard.” My voice sounded dangerous even to me and the guard bowed and quickly scurried away to find the wizard. I could sense the fear in the guard as he hurried to find the guard and a small smile twitched on my lips.

At least someone know my power.

“You sent for me, Jaejoong?”

I swished around and stared into the dark brown eyes of the old wizard, his face wrinkled yet filled with infinite wisdom. He had been my tutor ever since I was small, and he is the one who taught me everything and helped me into the position of Ah Na’s royal advisor.

If it’s him, I’m sure he will understand my situation and support me.

“Tell me why the citizens believe that princess Ah Na is not dead. Why did that ahjussi insist that he can still feel her presence?”

The wizard smiled in his calm manner, and he gently leaned on his ancient walking stick.

“Why do you think they say that, Jaejoong?”

I frowned at him. “If I knew, I wouldn’t call for you teacher. Now hurry and tell me before I lose my temper.”

The wizard chuckled. He chuckled in front of me like I am still the small innocent boy back then. He chuckled as if he finds this whole situation funny and does not care a bit for it.

As fury began to boil in my veins, I took a deep breath and forced my anger down, yet as I spoke, my voice was sharp and hostile.

“Tell me. Now.”

The wizard the tip of his walking stick slowly, and he glanced at me.

“Jaejoong ah,” He whispered. “Princess Ah Na is alive.”

I stared at him. Bwoh? Alive? Ha…I saw her jump into the river with my very own eyes, does he seriously still think I am that little boy from before?

“Teacher, let me give you an advice. Do not try to anger me any more than this. I am holding in now because you were my teacher, but if you anger me, I will punish even you.”

I stared into my teacher’s eyes, yet I see no sign of fear or worry.

 “I had answered your question and I will answer it once more. Princess Ah Na is alive.”

Immediately, I felt hatred for this old wizard, and I glared at him with all my might.

“I warned you before, teacher. Now you have angered me. Guards! Behead him, I do not want to see him ever again.”

As the guards come to take the wizard, I saw tears shining in his calm eyes. “Jaejoong ah,” The wizard shouted as he was dragged out of the room. “I tell you this once more, she is alive, and lives in another land!"

And he was gone, dragged away by the soldiers that were afraid. Afraid of my wrath. I stared at the empty room with dismay, and tried to shake the wizard’s words out of my mind. Princess Ah Na, alive? It wasn’t possible. Was it? No.

Ah Nah’s POV; Present

I sat in a ‘house’ on a ‘couch’ my eyes taking in the surroundings. This was weird. Very weird. Everything seemed abnormal.

There were little things on the ‘tables’, a rectangular thing on the shelf that seemed to change pictures and produce sound. Things in the kitchen beeped, weird ‘music’ blasting through mini boxes. Everything was new to me, it was all different. Very different.

“Would you like tea?” I smiled, finally something I knew of. Tea.

“Yes, please!” I watched as Hoya took out a white thing and began pouring it into what seemed to be a cup – even though it was clear. Liquid came out. Oh, this must be tea.

Then Dong-Min came running in. He was just so cute. “Hyung!! Hyung! I want tea too!”

“Tea? Or would you prefer Ice-cream?” Hoya winked at Dong-Min and I giggled slightly, I could sense the love between the two brothers.

“Ice-cream!” At the very word of ice-cream, Dong-Min’s eyes lit up and he grinned at Hoya. “I want ice-cream!”

After Hoya left to get ice-cream, Dong-Min came over to me, and sat down next to me on the couch. “Noona, why don’t you remember anything?”

I smiled and looked at Dong-Min “I don’t know, maybe I will remember one day, neh?”

“Of course, right hyung?” Dong-Min looked towards Hoya who placed the ice-cream and tea before us.

“Sure, sure. But first I think we need to go to the doctors…I mean, we can’t have Ah Na live here with us.”

Dong-Min’s face fell and he pouted at Hoya. “Awww!! Hyung, why not?”

Hoya frowned and he gave me a look. “I mean, c’mon, mum and dad is coming home from their holiday next Monday. What are they going to say about this?”

Dong-Min’s pout deepened and he huffed. “So? Mum and dad will let her stay with us! I’m sure.”

Hoya sighed and he crossed his arms. “Alright, she can stay with us. But when Mum and dad come home and they don’t want her to stay with us, she’s moving. Arraso?”

Dong-Min grinned and he jumped up to hug Hoya. “Yay! Hyung, you’re the best.”

Hoya smiled softly and ruffled Dong-Min’s hair affectionately. Then he glanced at me and his frown returned.

“But first, we’re taking you to the doctors today.”

I looked at him hesitantly. “Can’t we go tomorrow?”

He shook his head without saying a thing – but it was Dong-Min who replied “Noona, tomorrow is Monday, we have school!”

I was confused. School. I knew what it was but weirdly, I knew I had never been to one before – I wanted to try it!

“Can I come?”

Hoya’s glanced at me weirdly. “Why would you want to come to school?”

My eyes sparkled and I clasped my hands together. “Well, I had always been tutored by the local wizard. So I’ve never been to school before.”

Hoya shot me a look and he burst out laughing. “Local wizard. A wizard. Seriously, who are you?”

I frowned. “Who am I? I…don’t know.”

Hoya stared at me and then he sighed. Shrugging his shoulders, he went over to the phone and gave me a resigned look. “Alright, I’ll go call my school and tell them my friend from overseas is going to come visit the school.”

I nodded my head furiously showing my eagerness and watched with excitement as Hoya picked up this strange device called “phone” and called the school.