Chapter 4

Within My Heart Is Time ©

CHAPTER FOUR

Authors POV; Past

Days had passed and the citizens continue to disobey Jaejoong, although he tried to control the citizens, they were not willing to be bribed – in any way.

They sincerely believed that the Princess was alive. Which she technically was.

Throughout the days that passed the wizards last word constantly replayed in his head, so he had taken the time to see other wizards –

 Who told him the same thing. So he had ended their lives.

 Eventually the kingdoms wizards were all told, many who were not willing to lie escaped others simply lied.

“Bring me my food” Jaejoong ordered the servant standing by the side. He sat on his glorious throne deep in thought. That was when he decided – he needed to consult his father.

“Send for my father”

After his food arrived he began munching up, hungry from all his thinking.

His father arrived soon after, old with wrinkles; he walked in with the aid of a walking stick. He wore loose fitted hanbok that complemented his white hair that stood out against the colourful throne room – full of gold.

In a rush to aid his father Jaejoong ran down the step toward his limping father, as he reached him, he gently reached for his arm and aided him in walking.

 “Grab a seat – a good one, for my father” he yelled, his servant immediately finding a good chair and brought it in the room and placed it before them, bowing whilst he was at it.

After seating his father down he greeted him with a full bow and a plate of delicious treats brought up by his slave. Then they began their conversation.

“Appa…how have you been?”

“Ahh!” his fathers rusty voice filled the room, echoing “I have been good…how have you been son”

“Good. As you can see” Jaejoong signalled the room they were in gold everywhere and elaborately decorated, hoping to make his father feel proud of him. Even if he had gone through evil means to achieve what he had currently.

“Yes. I see, now why did you call me here today son? If you have nothing important to say, I would like to leave. I know you have many ‘royal responsibilities’ to handle” although Jaejoong’s father said it in a calm voice his eyes showed distrust, a little menace and disappointment. This however was invisible to Jaejoong.

“Ah…yes, appa. I have a problem I was wondering about”

And just like that there in-depth conversation began regarding the princess, and whether or not she was alive. Many dilemmas were explained and Jaejoong’s father listened carefully with a little disgust hinted in his voice. Jaejoong had forced the princess to commit suicide. By the end of the story, Jaejoong’s father was finally certain, the princess was alive.  The question was however, how?

Hoyas POV; Present

Days had passed since Ah Nah’s first visit to the school. Apparently she loved my biggest nightmare. She liked it so much she wanted to enrol – and to that I said no initially, since after all she wasn’t meant to stay with us.

However the problem was Dong Min. He just loved Ah Nah. I think he idolized her, though I wonder why.

Either way, days had passed and apparently it had been established that Ah Nah was going to be living with us – for a while. Potentially a long while.

I had finally decided that would enrol her though only after I taught her what things were called because she seemed to be seriously clueless.

I mean who doesn’t know what a phone is? Gosh, and a laptop.

Over the past few days, I had learnt quite a bit about Ah Nah, for example -  she really LOVED COOKING.

Surprisingly she actually knew how to cook, though it took a lot to teach her how to actually use the kitchen utensils….

 I had to admit, I did doubt her abilities at first, but now I don’t, her food is delicious.

Ah Nah’s POV; Present

I walked into the school grounds and the happiness overwhelmed me.

So this….was school. School.

Being in the school grounds was something I had only dreamed of, since Hoya constantly told me, it was never going to happen.

Not it had.

Suddenly I fell to the ground. Pushed.

“Oh, I’m sorry….I didn’t notice you there”

The girl that had pushed me smirked down at me, and walked off.

What was wrong with her? I sighed, dusting the dust off my new school dress.

“Umm….would you like a hand?”

A hand was outreached to me, as I looked up eye contact was established. His eyes were big and round, soft in some way, and his aura kind. Somehow I was slightly drawn to him, only slightly.

Slowly, my arm reached up, almost contacting his hand…

“Seungho, it’s okay, I’m here, thanks though.”

Hoya then grabbed my hand. I wasn’t sure if I should be happy or sad that he somewhat ‘cared’ for me.

Sigh. Oh well, I looked at the ‘Seungho’ apologetically and then turned, removing my hand from Hoya’s grasp and continued walking into the school towards the headmasters office.