Chapter 1

Within My Heart Is Time ©

CHAPTER ONE

Song Ah Nah’s POV; Past

I stood before the lake dressed completely in white, watching silently as the peaceful fish swam within the cool water.

How peaceful their lives are….Just swimming in the water everyday…

Time flew by, and I stood by the lake silently waiting for my heart. My mind was blank, although I knew it should have been streaming with thoughts; about life, about love, about sanity.

But all I did was stand there, my mind still blank.

Silently I watched the life around me, their happiness shining, the laughter of the animals, the cheerful chirps of the bird, every single sound of happiness was making me sick.

How can they all be so happy? I deserve to be happy!

The sudden fierceness in my thoughts frightened even me, from that point on I knew there was no turning back, the old me who was innocent and happy was no longer alive. The new me hated life, hated laughter, hated sunlight, all I can feel is the resentment I felt from my loss of Ho-Won.

My dear Ho-won who left me stranded in this cruel world.

It is time, it is time.

Silently I pushed myself forwards, all my self-will gone. Only the resentment I felt was left, and I closed my eyes as I felt my body contact the surface of the water.

Then silence and all my thoughts were gone.

And so was my life.

Author’s POV; Present

The moment Hoya walked onto the school grounds, he was immediately surrounded by a large number of students who bathed him in popularity. People around him were whispering, wondering and enticed by every single detail of Hoya, the school’s infamous kingka.

 “He’s so hot today! Kyya…” Hoya smirked as several girls giggled behind him and he turned his head to throw them a wink. The smirk grew as he saw the girls’ faces turn bright red and he coolly stuck his hands in his pockets and walked to class, slowly though because of the massive crowd.

 “Oppa….. Are you free on Saturday?” One girl drawled as she clung to his arm.

Hoya gave her a smile which sent the girls around him swooning in an over dramatic manner.

“Of course I’m free, babe.”

The girl’s eyes widened and for a moment she look shocked that Hoya had agreed, but then she quickly returned to giggling and started giving Hoya sultry looks.

“We’ll have fun-“

“But that will be unfair to the other girls, wouldn’t it?”

The girl’s face fell. “But Oppa-“

Hoya leaned down and gave the girl a kiss on the cheek. “Sorry, babe.”

With that, Hoya shook the girl off his arm and walked into class, uncaring of how much of a jerk he looked like since the girl is probably now too busy getting excited that she got kissed to even notice that Hoya had just rejected her.

Jaejoong’s POV; Past

As I silently watched her drop into the lake, my smile grew.

She’s gone. Gone.

Time stopped around me, the birds stopped chirping, and the animals stopped laughing. The sky grew dark in misery; the princess was gone.

I have beaten the prophecy, the forever powerful prophecy.

I watched as the world changed before my eyes, everything grew dark; the animals - silent, as if they were weary of the disappearance of their rightful heir, and the wind gone. The kingdom was to be plunged into misery. I laughed.

Song Ah Nah’s POV; Present

I was walking toward the bright light that shone in front of me, whispering in my ears and pulling me towards it, I had never dreamt of dying to be like this;

Loud.

Distracting.

                              And bright.

I stopped in front of the bright light.

One more step, until death.

Did I really want this? Yes, I wanted it, more than anything.

Without any hesitation I took the step, but as I stepped into the bright light, a clear pretty voice sang in my ears.

“Princess Ah Nah,” I winced and tried to block the terrifyingly wonderful voice out of my head. “I am giving you one last chance.”

Author’s POV; Present

A little boy sat on a small bench beside the lake as he his strawberry ice-cream and kicked his legs against the wooden seat, staring up into the clouds as he tried to find the different shapes and patterns formed by the clouds.

Yet as he watched, an object suddenly plunged down the sky. Widening his eyes, the little boy stared as the object grew closer and closer and the little boy yelped as he dropped his ice cream to the ground and jumped onto the bench.

 “Hyung!!! Hyung!!”  He yelled, gaining attention from the people walking by, “Meteorite! Meteorite!”

People turned wondering what in the heavens the little boy was on about until they too noticed Ah Nah falling from the sky.

‘What is that??”

“Is that… a girl!?”

“It is! Somebody! Help!”

The little boy pouted as people began to surround Ah Na who had fallen into the lake, blocking his view and he craned his neck to see through the growing crowd.

 When he finally pushed through, he saw Ah Na floating gracefully on the lake, her face pale and her silky black hair spread out from behind her.

The little boy’s eyes sparkled and he looked back just in time to see his brother also push through the crowd.

“Look, hyung!” The boy giggled, “it’s an angel!”