✾ Groceries

Longing For Your Love

 

So here we are.

Grocery shopping.

I let out both a nervous and content sigh.

 

I blink a couple of times as we stand in front of a fruit stand, a cool breeze blowing past me and whistling through my ears.

He asked me to go grocery shopping.

Grocery shopping.

Not a date, not a stroll in the park, not an invitation to eat out with him.

To go grocery shopping.

In the hallway, he had hesitantly asked me to go shopping with him. All I roughly heard from his grunting were the words, "My mom said..." and that was all.

So here I am.

But I guess I should be grateful, right? That I even had the chance to be by his side; to be alone, with him and him alone.

I watch him as he picks up an apple and examines it. Normally the boys in school would have no idea of how to tell whether food has gone bad (they eat everything. And when I say everything I mean everything), but the Junhyung I've known for so long, he has this knowledge. He's good at everything. Well, maybe not at certain things, but almost everything.

Junhyung. Yong Junhyung.

When will he ever notice the desperation I feel right now?

 

I blink, feeling someone poking my shoulder and look up again, into his dark brown eyes, deep and mysterious and full of some overwhelming emotion that I can't grasp.

"What is it?" he grunts. I shake my head before looking away at the ground again, and stand there until he walks away to the next stand.

I know. I know that my bashfulness toward him will not get me anywhere, but what can I do?

I... I...

 

"Junhyung! So surprising to meet you here," a smooth voice rings through the air, and I immediately turn around, but it's too late.

She has her arms tightly wrapped around his, and she makes it look as if she was born to be in that spot. In that spot, embracing him like that.

God. Hyorin is such an idiot. What a blockhead.

I glare at her now, but hold my irritation in.

I have to hide it, don't I? At least for now...

 

He's picking out more fruits, and Hyorin is acting all flirty around him, smiling with those sparkly-*correction-fake white teeth of hers as if Junhyung is her boyfriend.

But he's not. He'll be mine.

Won't he?