✾ Butterflies

Longing For Your Love

 

It's a bit...

Awkward.

Hoya is looking at Junhyung. I can see the surprise in his face, but he eventually smiles again with those perfect white teeth of his, and says,

"I'm Hoya, and you're Junhyung right? I don't think we've met before, but nice to meet you."

Leave it to Hoya to easily get rid of this uneasy atmosphere.

He even sticks out his hand, but Junhyung, he falters a bit before reaching out as well to shake hands. 

Junhyung doesn't say anything though, he just breaks apart after they shake a couple of times and stands there, as if inviting the awkwardness and silence to return.

We all stand at my doorway.

Just... stand.

I've never heard silence quite this loud, I think, while peering over my shoulder at Hoya, who is looking at Junhyung, and Junhyung, who is looking at-

I gulp. 
Me.

Finally, I inhale, and then exhale, and stand a little taller.

"Um, so. Do you have to go anywhere after this, Hoya?" I regret asking him to leave first, but he was already here before, right? It'll be fine.

But the look that Hoya gives me... isn't exactly what I expected. He reminds me of those puppy dogs with big, watery eyes, begging their owner not to make them do whatever it is they have to do. He usually isn't like this.

And now I regret ever saying anything.

But he doesn't say it. He doesn't complain, "Oh, but why can't I stay just a bit longer?"; nothing like that. He just walks away, one of his backpack straps over one shoulder, and his hands in his pockets.

I then notice Junhyung, and he's still looking at me.

I feel uncomfortable.

I mean, any one would, right?

I squirm a little, and then gather up my courage. After all, this is only Junhyung. Yong Junhyung. The ultimate player of our school, but he's still the guy I've known since kindergarten. He used to be my "guardian angel". Maybe he still is. But he's definitely still Yong Junhyung. That, I do know for sure.

Without saying anything, I awkwardly gesture inside my house, and he trudges inside, his backpack sagging on his back.

I scurry over to the kitchen to get drinks for him this time. When I return to the living room, I find that he's gone.

Of course. What am I thinking? He's not like Hoya. He's been here countless times already; this is like his second home.

Or maybe, it used to be.

Carrying the cup of water, since I know Junhyung dislikes the fizziness of coke and the sweetness of apple juice, and I scurry up the stairs and find him, just like I thought, in my room. He's looking at my posters hung up on the wall; the ones of Lee Hyori and 2PM and Boys Over Flowers.

Heh. I know; I know that Junhyung likes them too.

"Here", I say, and he abruptly turns around, but still does not say anything. He wordlessly takes the cup, peers at it for a couple of seconds, and drinks.

I watch him gulp down the water, and take note of his thirst. 

Now that I think of it, he's sweating. But why? 

I check the time.

3:18.

He probably skipped soccer, otherwise he wouldn't be here.

Maybe he missed the bus, and ran over here?

I peer at him, filled with curiosity now. 

Did he run all the way home for me?

I purse my lips again, and try to disguise my smile, but it's difficult.

Yong Junhyung, the ultimate player of our school; he ran all the way home for me.

Me, Goo Hara.

Me.

 

"What?" His grunt pierces through my daydream, and I look at him to see that he's looking at me, too.

"Hey..." He grunts again, and for some reason, he's scooting closer to me.

I scoot backwards.

He moves forward, closer to me.

I squirm backward again now, confused.

He's scooting closer to me still, not saying anything, just moving closer and closer...

 

 

...until the back of my head bangs into the wall, and I see little stars, and then I see them again.

That pair of eyes. His eyes. Except, it doesn't look so gray and emotionless now. It looks more...

Sparkly. And gold. And a bit more vivacious, too.

 

Is he happy?

I don't know, but I hopse so. However, still, he's scooting closer, and I have nowhere to move; no room to scoot backwards. 

He's crouching now, and his knees are almost touching mine.

Almost.

And then, he reaches his hand out.

It comes out from nowhere. His hand. It just comes reaching out, toward my face, and I can feel my heart beating, faster and faster and faster, like a hamster on a wheel; spinning and spinning and spinning, and my head feels like it's full of butterflies. 

Or maybe that's my stomach.

But I can't seem to tell the difference anymore.

And then, his head, his face, it's leaning closer and closer to mine, and and and...

Suddenly, I realize why-

 

 

 

 

Is he going to kiss me?

 

 

 


A/N: I'm actually excited to write the next chappie ouo 'cause you know, I want the plot to go crazy, and I love stories with jealousy ouo <33 anyway, thanks for reading. ouo lub youuuu <333

btw, sorry that I didn't write this chappie very well ("hamster on a wheel"? yes, I wrote that, though it doesn't make any sense at all o.o) I'll edit it later :P

And did you notice? I borrowed a line from a Taylor Swift song. xD can you find it? :3