Duel in Surprise

Survival (haitus?)

Sehun was completely taken aback by the unexpected movement. Slowly, the panel raised higher, and higher, until he could finally make out the shape of what looked like a bear. Sehun fell back in half-surprise, half-fear as he took in the realization of what was behind the panel. It was huge. Almost unreal for something on Earth. He could feel the murderous intent of the beast, as if it had been starved till this moment. It's eyes were crazed and bloodshot and Sehun second guessed if it really was just an animal that was towering over him. The bear didn't move, it simply made a low growling sound as it scrutinized it's skinny prey. It's pitch black fur slowly waved as it took deep breaths. Sehun was frozen on his with his heart pounding against his ribcage and blood rushing to his head. Without realizing it, he had been holding his breath. For a moment, it seemed like neither predator nor prey could bear to make the first move.

Suddenly, the speaker sent a loud buzzing sound that pierced the tense silence. It seemed to trigger both the bear and Sehun. The bear reared it's body up and stood almost as tall as the room, asserting its dominance. It gave a loud roar which rattled Sehun's ears. Sehun's senses kicked in and he scrambled to feet, intaking sharp breaths to keep his adrenaline alert and running. He took cautious but quick steps back from the opened panel but soon found no more room to go.

He was stuck.

His mind debated. Should he succumb to what the Lowers wanted? Should he defend himself against the ferocity of the beast? Or should he simply sit there and be a feast? He was tempted. It would have been so easy to just rip the bear's skin to shreds. To choke the life out of it. But pride wasn't letting him.

During his internal battle, the bear had begun circling him. It drew deep breaths despite its hunger for meat. Closer and closer, it's paws softly and silently stalked. Finally, unable to contain it, he pounced. 

Sehun attempted to dodge the attack and launched himself to the right but a claw grazed his left leg and he yelled out in pain. The bear hit the white walls harshly.

Sehun fell to the floor and his hands gingerly felt his new fresh wound. It was a clean cut but not deep enough to be paralyzing although the pain would speak for itself.

He dragged his leg closer to himself, scrambled far away and attempted to stand again as the bear regained it's composure. It had not expected the hit and now smelled the sweet scent of blood. It went in a larger frenzy. 

Not waiting for his next attack, the bear pounced it's way to the source of the smell. Sehun planned another dodge attempt but his leg wouldn't listen. At his every  attempt to move it, another shot of pain rode up his body. The bear was now a second away from him and he knew he ulimately had no choice to survive. 

He exhaled for concentration and immediately he could feel the air shifting as the bear whizzed towards him. His mind stretched to the small pockets of wind around the room and he gathered as much energy as he could. Another throbbing surge of pain beckoned to break his concentration but Sehun was far more skilled. In a matter of milliseconds, he had his weapon ready. 

The bear yelped as an invisible force sliced it's front paws but it wasn't enough to stop it. Sehun lifted his hands, closed them into a fist and immediately, the bear stopped inches from his hand with it's jaw widened. 

It yelped and fumbled to the ground, clawing at it's face continuously. It was confused and most of all, scared. The air in it's lungs had stopped. It was suffocating and it didn't know why.

Sehun didn't relax even when the bear whimpered pathetically. He towered over the injured animal and looked it dead in the eyes. He kneeled and leaned in close to it's face. 

"I'll kill you a second time." He whispered with cold eyes. 

The bear lost consciousness and he released his hold on the bear's airway.

His leg began to act up again, sending blood loss warnings to his brain. He could feel his own breathing slow as he had used some of his own oxygen for the fight. Feeling around the air in the room, he forced more into his system. 

Another panel hissed open and the hairs on Sehun's neck sprung to life. His muscles tensed again, expecting a different predator to appear. Instead, a white robed figure appeared. Blinking once, Sehun had assumed it was the man from the speaker but it was not. This one wasn't human.

Sehun hissed at his guest and although his injury didn't permit movement, he inched as far away as he could. His eyes became narrower and his fear shot up a few levels. 

"What are you doing here?" He snarled in a low voice, trying to put up a front. 

"Remarkable. Everytime I see your species at work, it's remarkable, I say. Such a shame to have to annhilate such talents sometimes. But then again, they will be in better hands." The robed figure complimented. 

Sehun gave no reply. He continued to glare but it seemed to not faze his captor. 

"Don't give me those eyes, puppy. All is fair in love and war and we are at war.'" He chuckled again.

Walking closer, he grinned widely. However, much to Sehun's dismay, he stood outside Sehun's power's reach. "The humans were more than happy to assist us in our fight against your kind. They're not that fond of aliens such as yourself. They're rather stupid if you ask me."

He began to circle Sehun, similar to what the bear had done before. He was calculating how to attack.

Sehun charged up his powers again silently but he knew it wouldn't be effective. He couldn't attack unless he was sure it would kill him quick enough.

Sehun located a nametag on his robe that stated 'Ren'. He was half certain that the name was an alias. His eyes were a dark brown but in the light, it flickered a yellow hue. The figure was white haired and had a slender looking face. Harmless, if Sehun didn't know any better

Suddenly, Ren bolted closer to an unsuspecting Sehun and kicked him in the stomach with a military-like prowess.

Sehun buckled forward from his kneeling position and gasped. The force of the blow was a hundred times worse than the bleeding scratch on his leg. One hand flew to his stomach as all the wind he conserved flew back into the air while the other held him up. His lungs burned as he intook sharp surges of air. 

"You're probably wondering how I've gotten so strong and so fast, puppy." Ren laughed, standing back at his original distance.

The panel which Ren arrived from reopened, and much to Sehun's dread, another older boy was dragged and pushed in by military. The boy lost his balance and fell to his knees easily. From Sehun's observations, he was breathing far too quickly. Ren gestured to the beaten up boy. 

"Matokis are such strong warriors, don't you think?"