Prologue

Survival (haitus?)

The Matoki spacecraft  floated nonchalantly in space. Its rough exterior proudly bore it's country's color: lime green. In one passing glance,  a person would believe it was a toy, but this ship was far from it. It was a battleship on standby, like a hibernating bear. All it waited for was a call to initiate an attack. Inside the spacecraft, human-looking aliens milled around, busying themselves with whatever they were tasked to do.

"This calm is killing me." A tall Matoki groaned, leaning over a guard railing that overlooked the armory of the spacecraft. He twidled with the complex gun in his hand.

"You should be grateful for the calm." His companion commented beside him, studying the work the Matokies below executed.

"Hey! Be careful with that!" He shouted at a worker who was on the verge of dropping two tons of compressed energy while loading it onto a missile.

The worker looked up apologetically at his commander and continued on with his task, handling the bomb with more care. As the rhythm of working returned to the armoury floor, the tall Matoki groaned again. He was itching to taste some form of adventure. Suddenly, a low voice filled his ears.

"Zelo. Captain is calling for you." The voice buzzed.

Zelo sighed and looked at his watch. It had been barely an hour since he last saw the Captain. He knew the captain cared for him, but this attention was far too much.

"Zelo." The voice repeated with more urgency.

"What is it this time?" He muttered into his mic.

Upon receiving no answer, he rolled his eyes and straightened up. Zelo's comrade looked at him with teasing humour. He knew that Zelo was the Captain's favourite and was often smothered with protection. Something that he himself had barely a taste of. But Himchan knew better than letting his jealousy get the better of him. Besides, Himchan wasn't one for constant affection either. He prefered giving affection rather than receiving it.

"Run along to your brother now." Himchan joked as Zelo turned to leave the platform.

Unwilling to let the comment slide, Zelo pulled roughly at Himchan's long bunny-like ears, causing Himchan's head to jerk in the same direction. Laughing at the sight of Zelo's hunched retreating figure, Himchan rubbed his extra pair of ears beore returning to work.

Zelo sluggishly made his way through the ship, getting bows of respect from passing workers. It took him a little less than 10 minutes to reach their comand center. The ship's layout was simple but boasted the best in terms of defence. Their ship was strong despite the simplicity of it's design. He breathed out another sigh then puffed out his chest, trying to appear as soldier-like as possible, before punching in the 9 digit password into the door console.

"I'm here. What do you need?" He asked, striding into the room confidently.

The room was dark but glowed with the light of screens all around. The only furniture in the small room was a giant electronic computer that acted as a table, a series of  rolling chairs along it's side and row upon row of screens which lined the walls with the ship's status. While the multitude of screens flickered, Bang Youngguk stood with his arms crossed in front of the main computer facing the doorway. Although his physique was skinny (something Zelo had also inherited), the aura around the Captain was strong and full of charisma. The absence of bunny ears made Youngguk look more like Zelo as well. His serious expression gave the younger brother the realization that this would not be a usual check up.

Before Zelo could speak another word, the door behind him slid open again. The Matoki walked in with an aura of seriousness.

"Yoo Youngjae, reporting for duty." The Matoki chimed, shoulders squarely extended, hand in a salute.

His blonde hair was groomed to perfection with his bunny ears standing straight  up.

Zelo rolled his eyes at the Matoki's display of formality. He disliked Youngjae's uptight attitude towards everything, how he acted like a perfect well-behaved soldier all the time. Youngjae had excelled at everything in the Warrior Academy and Zelo was frankly sick of it.

"Good. You two are here." Youngguk started with his back to them, "There's something I want you to check on."

Without another word, he slid a hand over the main computer and enlarged it's image midair using his hands. The holographic image showed a large map of where the ship was floating in space. The ship was represented by the Matoki symbol: a bunny's head in a mask. Small circles surrounded the logo and even larger circles were found scattered throughout the map.

"This planet here. Do you know what it is?" Bang asked the two while pointing at a large circle a few spaces to the left of where the ship was situated.

Before Zelo could reply, Youngjae answered simply, "It's Earth, sir."

Nodding at this newfound information, Bang asked again. "And it's inhabitants?"

Neither Matoki could answer this question. The text books available to them at Warrior Academy had outlined all and every species in the known galaxies however, the feeble Earth was often excluded during their studies. All they learned was which planets were allies, and which were enemies. Earth would never pose a threat, the instructors had said.


 

"What are you doing?" The boy whispered in Suho's ear. The leader of the group jumped at the sudden invasion of privacy.

"Stop doing that, would you?" He exclaimed after regaining a steady heartbeat.

The dark haired boy gave a hearty laugh while vanishing from his leader's side and reappearing a few meters in front. Soon he began teleporting all over the room, startling the Exotic crew that was hard at work running the ship.

"Kai, get back up here and stop your silliness." A serious Exotic ordered from above Suho.

Upon hearing the order, Kai teleported once more to the deck of the ship and rejoined his friends. Suho mouthed a word of thanks to his serious friend and marvelled at how he, the youngest, could have so much more power controlling Suho's group. Ensuring that all 5 members of his group were settled in their seats around the conference table above, Suho continued his work on establishing a connection with his home planet: Exoplanet. Finally, the screen on one side of the room came to life. On the other side of the video, a dusty landscape could be seen in the background as a tall man settled in front of the camera.

"Hey Kris." Suho greeted into the screen.

Kris gave no more of a reply than a nod in return.

"How are things there?" Suho asked as the feed wavered and lines darted across the screen.

"We're coping as best as possible. We're beating these brutes down. Down worry." Kris answered, as a boom resounded in the background, "But more over. How's the meet up for backup going?"

Suho shook his head before replying. "We haven't contacted each other yet. The rendezvous point is just up ahead. We'll return home to help as soon as possible with the help."

"Remember. The rendezvous point is Mars. Not Earth. Don't land in that planet or else the inhabitants will just be a hindrance."

Suddenly, a voice from the conferance table beckoned Suho's attention.

"You might want to come up here. Something's appeared on the radar." The same serious voice warned.

"Is it them?" With no answer, he continued, "I'm coming, Sehun." Suho called back.

"What is it?" Kris inquired, looking slightly concerned about the interruption.

"I'll fully report back later. The group's a bit restless without me." He answered, the lie passing his mouth easily. Kris nodded in agreement and soon disappeared from the screen. Suho exhaled once more and focused on reaching the top floor of the deck.

The interior of their ship was bright cream colored with gems and crystals jutting out at regular intervals. The crystals were stored energy that allowed the ship to run effeciently. Other crystals were for teleportation. The complex system of towers and stairs allowed for a lavish and large space in a small ship. The spacecraft was decorated to give the members as much of an advantage as possible with their powers. The interior walls were fire resistent, waterproof,  and could even withstand lightnening because it was sustained with their powers. Looking to his right, Suho spotted what he needed. A transportation crystal. He touched the humming crystal and pictured the conferance room above him with closed eyes. Immediately, he felt his body lighten and then the pull of gravity once more. Suho's eyes opened again to see the backs of all his group members.

The 5 members were staring at a screen and a dull beeping sounded throughout the room. None of them turned at the presence of their leader. Suho walked to stand beside Kai, who despite his usual young mischiefs, was intently looking at the screen as well.

"So what is it?" Suho asked, looking at the blinking square approaching their ship on the radar.

"It's a ship. It's just sitting there, beside Earth." The tallest Exotic answered while standing upright to his full height. His curly bangs swayed as he moved.

"Is it the ship?" Kai thought aloud.

Suddenly, the square flashed lime-green and everyone's eyes broadened. The youngest Exotic looked at Suho once more.

Sehun smirked, "Matokis."