ELEVEN

Company.

"Stop right there."

Mrs. Kwon stopped in her tracks and spun around sharply on her heels, with the grace only a ballet dancer could manage. Her eyes narrowed as they found the owner of the voice. "Yes, Mr. Kim?"

"I saw what you did to that girl back there."

"Yeah, I saw you there too. Can't say you looked like you enjoyed yourself though, pity. I did. And I thought you would have too. Didn't you tell me years ago that-"

"Please stop torturing her. Please."

"What?! Stop? No way. I've been planning all the while for this, ever since you came to me that day. You gave me the go ahead."

"Yeah, and now I'm giving you the no-go. Stop doing it, you're ruining her life."

"Isn't that what you wanted? For me to destroy her completely?"

The boy shook his head; no, that wasn't what he wanted anymore.

"I'm not going to stop. I have to get rid of her. Otherwise, my Yuri will never be in the limelight. Jung Jae has already stolen mine - that wasn't even as good as me - I'm not going to let her daughter do the same to my darling."

He stared at the immaculately made-up lady; he couldn't understand how such a poised, elegant person could be so so bitter and... evil. It made no sense. Sure, she was always the understudy, but having watched some of Jung Jae's performances, he could see why. Her flair and passion could not surpass Jung's. And, having witnessed Hyoyeon's talent first hand, he knew that she was the real deal. Jung Jae's strength, willpower and talent had been passed on to her daughter, and that pretty much made the young girl invincible. Though he wanted her gone, he didn't want harm done to her now. She's been through too much; Mrs. Kwon has done more than he'd bargained for.

Seeing that he had his mind set on saving the girl, Mrs. Kwon took deep breaths to calm her fury. This boy gave him a chance to do what she wanted in exchange for so much, and now he wanted to back out on his end of the deal? She won't budge. She can't. She owes at least this much to her baby. She couldn't give Yuri the life the daughter of Jung had, but she was going to change things. Her daughter's future was in her hands, she had to be strong and stand firm. Fight for what she'd been promised.

"You've changed, Heechul. You sure you want to back out? Don't forget the price."

****************************

As the dance school students crowded around hugging Hyoyeon, the SM trainees stood at one side, speechless. They were in complete awe. First, they've never seen anyone do 200 push ups (on a knuckle, no less), and second, at the popularity of their new member. It was exceptionally touching, seeing how swarms of people reached out to comfort, support and encourage one girl in need. But awe was not the only thing on their minds. The fierce, scary witch lady and her atrocious act filled their confused brains. Who was she really? And why are everyone so afraid of her, why did no one come to Hyoyeon's defense?

Most people would just shove those questions to the back of their minds; after all, it was really none of their business, they had no right to interfere. But not Eunhyuk. He wasn't a mere bystander; he knew a little about what was going on, and he was determined to find out more. It was completely unjust for Hyoyeon to be treated like that, and he wanted to make things better for her. She was a sweet girl, and he couldn't bear to see her suffer more than she had already. He needed answers and solutions, fast. Answers, he knew, he could get from Jonghyun and perhaps Hyoyeon. But solutions...

He broke away from the group, mumbling some excuse about needing the bathroom and went in the direction Mrs. Kwon left. He mentally prepared a little speech in his head, one not to lecture, but at least negotiate. His pulse quickened with every step he took; trepidation crept up on him. After all, taking on a monster by himself seemed pretty foolish and suicidal. But I have to. For Jonghyun, if not for Hyoyeon.

He spotted Mrs. Kwon talking to someone in the corridor and was about to push the glass doors to get to her when he noticed that that someone looked so familiar. Even when he couldn't see his face, Eunhyuk was sure that Mrs Kwon was talking to Heechul. Is hyung confronting her about it already? Why would he? It isn't at all like him.

Shuffling to a spot where he wouldn't be seen, he pressed his ear against the wall and tried to make sense of their conversation. "You've changed, Heechul. You sure you want to back out? Don't forget the price."

Eunhyuk's speeding heart halted to a stop. What deal did Heechul hyung make with the Witch? It seemed impossible, that his usually fun and boisterous hyung had crossed paths and actually collaborated with such a mean person. Could he have a hand in Hyoyeon's torture? Was that why he didn't want to go chat her up on her first day? But why would he do it in the first place?

He was going to find out.

 

 

 

Author's Note: SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING! I've been so crazy busy. I just realised I had an upvote so THANKYOU ThienXi, this chapter's for you(: