Teaser 3

The Guardian of EXOplanet

 

A person walked up the stone stairs that rested on a hill. The click-click gave away that she was wearing high-heels. She wore a brown cloak, and her hood was down, revealing long hazel hair and fair skin. She wore a neutral smile, and her eyes seemed warm and inviting.

She reached the end of the staircase, and looked around at the altar. Greek stone columns still stood in their appropriate place, white with cleanliness. She took a few tentative steps forward toward the center, where a mural was painted onto the floor. She viewed the picture for a couple of seconds before looking to the sky. The sun was still high in the air, as it was noon. Then she pulled out her wand.

"Invenies, capere, et afferte sol daemon."

A comet of light fell from the sun, landing in front of her. When the dust cleared, a gold glowing gargoyle kneeled, facing the ground. She smiled.

"Protegat dominus."

The gargoyle turned back into light, and sparked onto her cloak. Her robe glowed brightly before resuming its original color.

"Sun demon? Thoughtful, but ineffective choice."

She whirled around, facing a man in a black formal suit, twirling a diamond-studded staff.

She pointed her wand at him. "Speak!" she commanded.

He laughed. "I don't listen to women," he answered before aiming his staff at her, sending a bolt of energy at her.

She deflected it easily. "Retro!"

A pulse emitted from the wand, pushing the pillars outward, following the pulse. But it passed through the man, wavering his image.

He smirked. "Typical Esther. Occidere!"

Red light flashed on the staff, heading straight for her. She waved her wand and pulled her cloak close to protect her, but inevitably her body flashed the same dark red. She fell to the ground, dead.

He chuckled, walking over to her lifeless body. Using the cane, he tilted her head so that she faced the sky, eyes closed and mouth open.

He leaned over her, pressing the staff on her lips. "Anima."

Pale blue mist slowly streamed from , into the biggest diamond on the staff.

Content, he smiled. Then he turned into a mess of shadows and flew away.

 

 

 

 

 

"The Guardian of EXOplanet"

To Be Released. . .

Saturday, April 6th