Chapter 3

The Guardian of EXOplanet

 

The handsome blonde from my dream was currently standing in front of me.

"Umm. . . hi?" I said/asked awkwardly.

He smiled, and we stood there for a while.

Then he puffed out his cheeks and started rocking on his feet. "So. . ." he said, making the silence even more awkward.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, forgetting my manners. "Come in, I guess."

He smiled again and walked in. "My name's Luhan," he said, walked through.

"Yeah, so. . . how do you know my name?" I asked, closing the door and following him in.

"Everybody knows your name, ~~~!" Luhan said. Then he walked into the kitchen.

"Do you want some water?" I asked as he sat down at the dinner table.

"Sure! Allow me!" he said happily. He motioned with his hand, and the cupboard opened and a glass floated out, the door closing behind it. The faucet and the cup was filled, then it floated over to Luhan's outstretched hand.

I watched with amazement. "How did you do that?"

He grinned. "Let's talk later, shall we? Where's your room? Presumably upstairs?"

I nodded and walked up the stairs to my room.

I walked into my room and glanced over at my mirror. Thankfully it was off.

Luhan strolled in and took a long time looking around. "So this is your room?"

"Yeah," I said nonchalantly, sitting at my desk.

He stood in front of my mirror. Oh no. . . Please don't. . . I thought hopefully.

Luhan frowned. "This mirror. . ."

Oh please don't. . .

But instead of awakening it, he started doing his hair.

"This is such a great mirror, ~~~! Can I have it?!" he asked.

"Sorry. This was a gift from my grandparents," I said.

He pouted. "Oh well. I have a magic mirror at home. It speaks only in rhyme. Like this," he started.

"NO!" I yelled.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"

I tore my gaze to the mirror, but nothing happened.

"~~~? You okay?" Luhan asked.

I shook my head. "Yeah. . . I'm fine."

He smiled. "Great! Let's go meet the family! Where's your stuff? I'll carry it for you."

I pointed to my bags leaning against the wall and watched with fascination as Luhan did his levitation trick again.

5 minutes later, we ended up outside.

"So," I asked, looking at the empty street. "What are we waiting for?"

"Listen," he said quietly, facing the left side of the road.

I shut my mouth and tried to listen. At first, I heard nothing.

Until this quiet little hum was heard, increasing in volume. Then it was a deafening roar as a huge train, way too big for the road, stopped in front of us. The plate on the side read: "EXOplanet Intergalactic Train (EIT)"

Luhan ran up to the side. "Sehun!"

A cheerful face popped out of the side of the train. "Luhan hyung!"

I grabbed my luggage and caught up with Luhan as he opened a door and boarded the train, extending a hand to me.

He pulled me and my stuff up and led me through a hallway. "This is your room," Luhan said as he stopped at a doorway.

"Open it."

I reached over and turned the doorknob, and I have got to say:

IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL.

It was gold and silver all around, with a clean white bed and a marble tub and a mahagony desk and coatstand and. . . and. . .

Luhan smiled. "Great, right? The room is personalized to your thoughts. What you want is what you get. For example, wouldn't it be great if there was a waterfall on that wall?" he asked, pointing.

I did, and I could visualize it so perfectly.

Suddenly, the floor around the wall sunk in, and a long thin hole appeared. Soon water flowed out into the hole in the floor, making an amazing waterfall. My walls glittered as the light was reflected off of the sparkling clear water.

"When you leave, take a right and keep going. Meet me there in 10, okay?"

I nodded stiffly and waited for him to leave. Once I knew he was gone, I screamed with joy and jumped on my bed.

I just laid there for a while before I realized what Luhan told me. I sat up and left the room, following the directions he left me.

I found myself in a wide room with a crystal chandelier and a long round table. 11 boys were currently sitting at it, dicussing a heated topic, because many of them were arguing.

"Ahem," I coughed.

11 faces faced me, and 11 faces lit up.

"~~~!"

I sat down and met them one by one from left to right. Suho, Lay, Xiumin, an empty seat, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Tao, and Kris. I was wedged between Suho and Kris, the apparent leaders.

"Hello, ~~~. What would you like for dinner?" Kyungsoo asked respectfully.

"Kimbap," I answered automatically.

A golden plate fell from the ceiling right in front of me on the table, and it held kimbap.

"And a glass of water."

A clear glass of water followed suit, taking its rightful place.

Soon the room was filled with 12 different voices ordering 12 different things.

We ate in silence, but then Chanyeol & Baekhyun broke the silence with a topic that. . . confused me.

"So," Chanyeol started, facing Suho. "What you're saying is that the Councilmen has agreed to cutting the defense?"

Suho grimly nodded. "Their main point is that EXOplanet hasn't been invaded for over 5 centuries. Our neighboring planets, Inspiritia, MYNAMETOPIA, BTOB-World, etc. have made peace with us."

"But the rebels!" Baekyun sputtered.

Kris cleared his throat before speaking. "The rebels can't do much, and they never will. What's the worse they did? Steal a rock from a museum? The Councilmen have agreed to spend their forces on other things, like the Mortal Protection or apprentice education."

"So what do we do now?" Kai asked.

Kris and Suho faced each other before nodding. "You guys will be split up to cover a different section of the world. Your new mission is Mortal Protection."

9 voices chorused at the exact same time. "But we're EXO! They can't do that!"

Suho sighed. "Well, there's nothing to do anymore. No one's attacking us."

The boys hung their heads in sadness. Until a sickly boom echoed across the train.

Xiumin immediately stood up, scraping his chair back. "Chen," he whispered.

And a boy's scream was clearly heard.