Teaser 1

The Guardian of EXOplanet

 

"But is this the right choice?" a woman said. She looked desperate and worried, and she was holding something covered in blankets in her arms. Her cloak was barely holding itself together, and there were many holes and scratches in it. Despite her clothing, she wore clean, leather, knee-high black boots with silver buckles and three-inch high heels.

The man in front of her holding an old-fashioned "tree wand," the tip glowing brightly, consoled her. "Of course. This will protect her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!" he answered exasperately. "Now quickly. We're almost here." He waved his wand around to see his surroundings.

"Should I light mine too?" she asked quietly.

He nodded silently, looking slightly confused.

She nodded in reply, and pulled her sleek black wand out of her boot. "Lux."

Her wand's tip glowed with the same brightness as the man's, and he nodded in content.

He walked through a doorway, and she followed, her high-heels making no sounds.

He turned while still walking, looking at her boots. "Magic?"

"Quiet Charm," she replied. "How much farther?"

"Almost there."

After about five minutes, they reached their destination. The hallway emptied into a large room with a dome ceiling. Mosaics tiled the ceiling, and a criss-cross of rock patterns were scattered on the endless floor.

She gaped in amazement. "The People made this?"

He smiled. "Yes. Isn't it grand?"

Then he stood in the center, and pulled out a staff in a similar fashion as his wand. Leaves topped the staff, and a small orb sat in the center.

He gestured for her. "Come."

She took a step closer, and footsteps and growling were heard from the hallway.

He looked alarmed. "The People's magic didn't stop them. . ."

"Well, they seem to be breaking through anything, aren't they? They destroyed the Village!" She ran closer to him.

"But they didn't take over the Villa, Town, Plaza, City, or Capitol," he pointed out. "There are still many safe places left."

She huffed. "Quickly!"

They rested the bundle of blankets on the floor, and he started chanting.

She sighed, hoping there was enough time, but soon monsters came charging through the hallway. Yellow eyes, many white fangs, green, slimy skin, very short, but yellow claws, the thousands of monsters ran toward their prey.

She pointed her wand toward them. "Duratus!"

A blue flash emerged from the tip, and the monsters were stuck in place, surrounded by a blue aura. However, the halo began cracking and peeling.

"Ji hoon! A little faster, please!" she pleaded.

"Proficiscor nunc!" he finished, bringing the staff down onto the pile of blankets. The bundle disappeared under the tip.

She breathed a sigh of relief. They she huddled close to him. "I love you."

He hugged her back. "I love you too," he replied.

The spell broke, and the monsters came crashing onto the couple.

 

 

 

 

 

"The Guardian of EXOplanet"

To Be Released. . .

Saturday, April 6th