Chae Taemi

Diamond

Chae  Taemi

Basic Info:

Name: Chae Taemi (채 태 미)

Age: 17

DOB: 4/30/1996

Role: Secondary Vocalist

Place of Birth: China

Languages: Fluent Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Korean. Advanced English.

 

Details:

Background: Taemi (known by her Chinese name [夜花] in China) is a the half Korean/half Chinese member of Diamond. She was born to a Chinese father and a Korean mother. She, unlike the rest of the group, has one sibling. Her mom, Chae Lin Young, had moved to Beijing on a study trip and ended up falling in love with her father, Wang You. Taemi was born Wang Tae Mi, but adopted her mother's last name soon after her parent's divorced. She alternates homes in China and Korea to see both of her parents and her older brother (who resides with her dad). She auditioned for SM one saturday not thinking that they were actually going to choose her.

Friends: Since she is part Chinese, she's had trouble making many friends in Korea. SNSD: Sunny, Tiffany. SHINee: Taemin (I think you can guess why), Key. EXO K:  Chanyeol. EXO M:  Kris, Tao.

Training Period: 3 years, 6 months.

 

Misc. Info:

Hobbies: Math. Dancing, Vocal Excersises. Playing around with Chanyeol. Helping Tao with Korean. Eating out with Key.

Dislikes: Being the smartest in Diamond. Being bullied while still a trainee. Chow mein. Dogs and birds. Being seen without make-up on.

Ulzzang: Kim Shin Yung.