DIAMOND (pt3)

Diamond

Are YouReady To Meet...


Sora

I stared in amazement at all of the piled onto the table. There was an assortment of noodles,  chicken and beef bulgogi, tempura, mando...just anything someone like me could imagine up.

"Changmin-오빠, how did you , manage to make all this?" I gasped quietly.  Changmin smiled and shrugged, "I have my ways. Now, stop asking questions and eat before it gets cold!"

I threw my hand to my forehead in salute, "Will do!" Changmin's body shook in a fit of very cute, contagious laughter. 

We continued until Changmin's phone rang.
me
"Um, yes, this is Shim Changmin. 네, Sora-씨 is with at the moment. Okay, I will inform her."

"What happened?"

"The CEO wants to see you in his office. I don't know why, so don't ask." He smiled,  gesturing towards his car.

 


Taemi

I pushed open the door to my dorm room, comepletely unorganized and ready for a break. My sheet music hung halfway out of purse and I still needed to practice the song my trainer gave me. Then, the phone started ringing.

God, I want to go home.

"你好,妈妈. (Ni hao, mama)"

"Honey, please speak in English. I want to see how much you've learned." My mother says. She spoke in a gentle, loving voice. You know, the ones that moms use when they're old and very experienced on handling reckless, crazy children like me.

When I had told her I had wanted to be a singer,  she had looked me with worriee, but understanding eyes. She had told me that I could do and be whatever I wanted as long as I took care of her when she grew old.

"Okay, Mrs. English Teacher. Why did you call?"

She hesitated, but then continued, "I recieved a call from your CEO this morning. Why didn't you tell me ?" My mind raced. What on earth could they have talked about? Was I in trouble? Am I not working hard enough? Was it rude to even ask?

"I didn't answer the call," she assured, "because 1. I can't speak Korean, and 2. I was too nervous and didn't want a reason to pull you out of this company."

"So you don't know what happened? I'll be right back, mama." I said before hanging up and heading down towards the office.


 

Again, Im typing this from a tablet, so there might be  lot of mistakes. Sorry!