Recipe 02

Love Bakery {hiatus}

 

Chapter 2

 

Sooyoung POV

The next day, as soon as I woke up, I got ready immediately and rushed out of the house, not even caring about Yoona’s little remark of “Goodbye sister dear,” in her snarky tone.

I called my fashionista best friend, Jessica, and my other best friend, Sunny, who always has successful experience with boys. We met in Jessica’s villa. She is so very rich.

“Whaddya want, Sooyoung?” Jessica asked, chewing her gum.

I told them my story.

“So….? The thing you want is…?” asked Sunny.

“I want a transformation. I want to become fashionable, like Sica here, and I want to break everyone’s hearts, Sunny… And…” I told them my plan. They smiled excitedly.

“Let’s get to work,” smiled Jessica.

We walked to her walk-in closet. She placed me firmly on a comfy armchair, and walked off to the “Clothes” section. She came back later with Sunny’s arms load with clothes.

“Let’s start,” she said. “Take this, this, this, this, and this and try it on. NOW!”

I went into the dressing room and tried them on. I especially liked a nice purple skirt, but when I pointed that out, Jessica gagged and snatched it away. She then threw it into the bin. I gaped at her.

“Sooyoung, I hate to break this to you, but your fashion sense needs touching up,” said Sica. “That skirt is old and out of fashion, dear. I bought it 6 months ago!”

6 months ago and its “old”? I am not ready for being a fashionista.

“But, Sica, after this transformation, I’ll only have these clothes… I’ll have to wear my old ones again…” I frowned.

Sica brightened. “I’ll give you my old ones! Gives me an excuse to shop for another wardrobe. Then after my wardrobe is out-season, I give them to you… It’s a never-ending cycle!” she breathed happily.

I didn’t know whether to feel happy or insulted.

“Now, if you like a purple skirt… Here!” she gave me the skimpiest clothing I have ever seen in my life! It was like this! It was ABOVE KNEES!

“Sica, it’s above knees…”

“So?” she gestured to HER skirt, which was much more above knees. She then mixed and matched around and she finally stood happily, nodding approvingly. I turned to the mirror and gasped. Was this really me? I actually looked…Pretty. I then frowned and gestured to my face.

“Your face’s fine, Sooyoung. It’s naturally pretty without makeup,”

“Sica, you’ve got pounds of powder on your nose,”

“That’s because I need it. You don’t! If you want it, fine. Come here,”

My makeup was done in minutes.

“I only applied concealer and foundation. Here, take it. Use it wisely,” I took it gratefully.

“My turn for the spotlight, my turn, my turn, my turn!” squealed Sunny.

“First thing: Remember that boys do not get , they are curious,”

Jessica snorted.

“Just do anything to show off your body, like,” she did a stoop.

“No, Sunny, just NO. That’s not me, Sunny. Give me a way to make boys interested without being ty, please,”

“TY?” dolphin sounds echoed.

“Fine, y,” I squeaked.

“If it’s you, my dear Sooyoung, it would be—Be nice while being hot without any arrogance!”

“Sunny, Sooyoung always does that!”

“Yes, but without looking hot,”

I glared at Sunny.

“Accept it Sooyoung, you weren’t HOT, you were pretty. Now you’re smoking hot!” Sunny happily smiled.

“Thanks guys!” I picked up 3 bags if clothes Jessica left for me, stuffed in the makeup, thanked Sunny, and went home. My parents were not home, Yoona was in her room. Thank god nobody saw my transformation yet. I want it to be a surprise. I washed off my makeup and put on my normal sloppy clothes.

As I headed out, I heard Yoona drawl, “Looking good, sister!”

I will soon, Yoona. Wait for it. I smiled a small smile.

In my hands I clutched the leather notebook.

                              ***

I arrived at the stationary shop and saw the same clerk as yesterday. “Oh, hello! You’re here! For the engrave?” I nodded. I read his nametag. Kim Jaejoong. “Erm, yes, Jaejoong. I want ‘Love Bakery’ engraved on it, please.”

“Okay, miss. Opening a bakery?”

“Something similar to that, yes.”

“Ha, can’t wait to try the pastries there!” he laughed as he continued engraving. It was cool that he wasn’t even paying attention. It came out lovely. 

“Thanks! It’s really nice, guess I’ll be visiting frequently!” I chirped. I left and ran back to my house. Yoona was there, and she had on her evil smirk as usual.

“Hello, sister,” she drawled. I shoved the notebook into my bag immediately. She didn’t notice, thank god.

“Yes??” I muttered. She smirked.

“Siwon and I are going on a DATE today,” she smiled. I shrugged.

“And…Your point is…?” I asked. Her jaw dropped. ^^

“Um, nothing. Just telling. We’re going to Garden Café,” she added slyly. My blood boiled. I’ve always wants to go there, but Siwon always said it was too expensive. Now he’s taking her to Garden Café on a FIRST DATE?!

“So….?” I coolly said, maintaining my posture. Yoona looked shocked at my reaction.

“Nothing. I’m going now!”

Siwon, you bastard. I’m going to make you pay. I thought.

                                   ***

It was a Sunday the next day. I curled up in bed and after I’ve finished my homework, I took out my notebook. I touched the cover and smiled at the title on the notebook.

 

My very own Love Bakery.

 

A/N: So this is still 2 years ago :) Hehe Sooyoung overreacting over a skirt above kness. Comment and subscribe~~~