Recipe 04

Love Bakery {hiatus}

 

*Present*

Kikwang POV

“Hey, Kikwang!” a voice shouted. Ah, Doojoon hyung.

“Yes, hyung?” I asked. He walked over and thumped me on the back. I swore my backbone broke. Okay fine maybe not.

“Gayoon is having a partay tonight. Come with Hyosung!” he said.

“Ah, no thanks, hyung. Hyosung and I are watching a movie tonight.  Love Never Dies. It’s a sad love story we’ve been waiting to watch,” I said enthusiastically.

Doojoon raised a brow.

“Sometimes I wonder if you’re gay or not,” he muttered.

I didn’t hear him. Hyosung was running towards us, and of course I averted my attention.

“Oppa!” she squealed.

“Hey, lovely,” I smiled. She was just so, so beautiful. I pecked her on the forehead.

“What were you saying again, Doojoon?” I asked.

“Nothing. Now I know you’re really not gay,” he muttered the last words.

“That’s a really nice dress, Hyosung,” I said.

“And I wonder again,” he said.

We were always like that. We’d been friends for so long. And I loved Hyosung so dearly.

I could never leave Busan. Busan is my home and where my family and friends live.

 

Kikwang’s father was summoned to the CEO of the company.

“Yes, Mr. Park?” he asked timidly. Please don’t fire me, please don’t fire me. I’ve got my wife and Kikwang and Mina to take care of. There’s also my parents and my useless brother.

“Don’t look so worried, Mr. Lee. I’m not firing you. In fact, I’m promoting you. You’ve worked very well as Assistant Marketing Director in the Busan Department. The board has agreed to promote you to Marketing Director in the Seoul Department,” Mr. Park said.

“JINJA??? Thank you so much, Mr. Park!” then realization struck through him.

“Seoul Department? They I will have to leave Busan! How can we have enough money for a place for me? And I’ll miss my family so much!” I said Mr. Lee.

“Well, your family could go. Sell your lovely villa in Busan, Mr. Lee, and buy a mansion in Seoul,” said Mr. Park.

“IT CAN BUY A MANSION? But no, Kikwang will be heartbroken to leave his friends…” sulked Mr. Lee.

“Well, then, Mr. Lee. Think about it. It’s a great opportunity. Not everyone gets promoted so fast. And it increases your income by 10% Think about it,” concluded Mr. Park.

Mr. Lee nodded and went out. After he closed the door, he sighed. He could earn a whopping 1000000 won more. It would be more than enough.

What should he do?

 

Sooyoung POV

“Sooyoung… Please don’t leave me…” some random guy pleaded. I eyed him. He was a jock, and I was earning glares from cheerleaders around me.

“Go away, Jongup. You’ve already been the second-longest relationship I’ve ever had for two years. A whole month, boy. The longest I’ve ever had in two years was 2 months. Be happy. Now go!” I yelled.

Yeah. The 2 month relationship was me and Yongguk’s two years ago. A lot of things had changed. I’m now the resident heartbreaker. Girls hate me, boys want to hate me but can’t.

My notebook’s already half full, and I plan on being able to use a few more. It was just so fun to see them being so happy around me and then their crushed face when I say we’re over.

Girls were glaring at us everywhere we go. Yes, we. No, not Jessica and Sunny. Who cares about those 2 sissies. I’ve got another bunch of better friends. They were Hyuna, Nicole, Hyorin, Nana and Elaine.

Elaine used to be this nerdy girl with braids, thick glasses and braces. But she’s very sweet-looking if her glasses were taken off. Now she’s another one of us: BREAKING MEN’s HEART. We’ve all been broken before: Me by that bastard Siwon, Hyuna by Hyunseung, Nicole by Key, Nana by Nichkhun, and Elaine by Adam, her childhood sweetheart back in California. Too bad she’s still got a nerdy side. She still studies for finals.

Jessica and Sunny were among those who were glaring at me. We flipped around a year ago, I guess. They said I’d changed too much. Pah. Who cares. I sure don’t. I gave them a rude gesture and stalked off with my girls.

“Hey, Hyorin. Who’s your next target?” Nicole asked.

Hyorin shrugged. “Who cares? Just wanna spend the money the last guy gave me first,”
Hmph. What a boring conversation.

I roamed my eyes for a target and I saw Jongup staring at me with wistful eyes. He must feel really hurt. I felt a pang of guilt, but I quickly regained my composure and looked away. I worked so hard for this barrier to love, I can’t break it.

“Sooyoung!” a high-pitched voice squealed. It was Lizzy, the girl with the latest gossip at school. She wasn’t a playgirl, but I counted her as a friend. Hey, I still have feelings for friends. And anyway, I can get the latest gossip. Win-win!

“Mmhm?” I asked.

“Okay, you wouldn’t believe me. You probably wouldn’t. But I heard that the best band ever is coming to our school!” she squealed.

“And that concerns me because…?” I raised my eyebrows.

She deflated. “I thought you’d be excited… I guess not,” she sulked away, hunched over. Feeling bad, I caught up.

“Fine. You know what? I’m going with you. Okay?” I asked.

“YAY! OH SOOYOUNG I LOVE YOU!”

 

Kikwang POV

“I’m back, appa!” I cheerfully yelled to the villa. I saw my dad. He looked gloomy. Worried, I walked over.

“Appa..?” I murmured.

Appa looked up with sad eyes.

“Sit, Kikwang. I’ve got very important news for you,” he said.

My heart hitched. “Is it about Mina?” I asked worriedly. Mina was my sister, and she’s got asthma, and was very weak. One little accident can cause her to be rushed into hospital

“What? Mina? No, of course not! She’s in her room sleeping peacefully,” my father laughed nervously.

“Then what is it about? Nothing can be as important as Mina unless we’re moving! But that’s not going to happen in a million years! Right, appa?” I chuckled. But then I noticed my appa’s uneasy expression.

“Appa?” I murmured cautiously. The he said the words I dreaded the most.

“Kikwang, we’re moving. To Seoul,” he said firmly. There was a trace of sadness in his eyes. But…

I felt my world crashing down. I can’t just move to Seoul, so far away! I can’t just leave Hyosung and Doojoon and everybody else!

“Why?” I muttered, throat dry. He must have a reason.

“I’ve been promoted to Marketing Director in the Seoul Department. I’m sorry you have to leave so much behind, but... The raise of my salary might come in handy too. It’s raised by a whopping 10%,” appa said.

10%?! So much! That could cover more of Mina’s trips to the hospitals. But I can’t leave. I know I’m being selfish, but I can’t.

“But, appa, I can’t just leave Hyosung behind! And the Seoul air might be very bad for Mina!” I argued.

“Well, as for Hyosung, you could always manage a long-distance relationship or you could just break up with her. You might find a even better girl in Seoul, and –“ appa said.

“No! Hyosung is the best girl there is for me! And a long-distance relationship never works…” I muttered.

“And as for Mina, we’ll buy a better home and with my salary raise, we can afford the hospital trips. So that’s that. We’re moving. No buts,” appa said firmly.

“When?” I croaked.

“Next week. Next Sunday,” he answered, then turned around to leave.

Just a week. Just a week left to be with Hyosung and Doojoon. Just a week left in beautiful Busan. Just a week left until I go to a place where I have never been before. Just a week till I’m totally alone.

 

On Monday, I sulked to school. I felt the familiar bone-cracking crunch but I couldn’t even lift my head.

“Hey, Kikwang! Why so down?” Doojoon cheerfully said.

“I’m moving to Seoul, Doojoon,” I whispered.

Doojoon burst into hearty laughter and he doubled over, laughing so hard that he was crying.

“Yeah, right,” he said breathlessly, between laughs. “As if. Great joke, Kikwang,” He stopped laughing when he saw my expression.

“It’s…true?” he murmured, staring at me in disbelief. I nodded and continued moping, eyes staring blankly.

“Oppa!” a voice squealed, and my heart squeezed. How could I tell Hyosung?

“Oppa, are you alright?” she asked worriedly. I shook my head.

“NO?! MWO?! Why?” she shouted.

“Hyosung ah… I don’t know how to say this, but… I’m moving to Seoul,” I said. She had the same reaction as Doojoon. Her tinkling laughter came out from , and she laughed very hard. She saw my expression and she turned serious.

“It’s true?” she questioned. I nodded. “Well, when?” she continued asking.

“Next Sunday,” I replied. She pouted. “Well, we better make the best of the last week you have here in Busan!” she squealed and pulled me along.

I grinned the first smile I did this whole day. Hyosung is the best girl for me. The one and only.

Nobody else can replace her.


Author's Note:

/Gets slapped for having such a boring chapter/ I'm so sorry my lovely subbies` I'm occupied by my poster shop and my apply fics and my co-authored stories, and school. So I can't really update this. So sorry.

Should I just delete this? Comment please! Don't be a silent reader! Oh, and check out my other stories? and my shop too?