Recipe 05

Love Bakery {hiatus}

Kikwang POV

"Hey, oppa..." Hyosung murmured softly.

I turned and sighed. "Hyosung ah..."

She hugged me and I ruffled her hair. "Oppa... Can you not go?" she whined.

I chuckled. "As much as I want to stay with you and the others, I can't. I have to do this for appa and for Mina. I can't be spoiled and selfish, can I?" my face was smiling,  sure, but I was breaking inside.

She nodded. "True. Oppa, you're always so nice. Always putting people in front of you... Do something for yourself once in a while!" she squealed.

"I did, Hyo. When appa told me last week, I fought with him. I was only thinking about myself. I did, see?"

"Well then, do that more often!" she grumbled.

"Sure. I promise you, Hyo." I smiled.

"Plane KA 635, last calling. Plane KA 635, last calling." a stoic woman voice rang out from the PA.

I looked up to the ceilng, pushing back tears. "Hyosung ah, I have to go." my voice trembled.

"Oppa, before you leave, promise me one more thing. Promise me that you will always remember me, that you will contact me... And that you will still love me," Hyosung whispered, tears falling down her face.

"Kikwang, we have to go." a firm voice sounded behind me. I turned and nodded at my father.

"Hyosung, I promise you that I will still love you. Forever, even. And I'll call you first thing I arrive. Okay? Now, goodbye," I said firmly. I won't show her that I was breaking. I have to do this, for omma, for appa, and for Mina.

As I turned and walked away, I heard Hyosung sob behind me. I walked through the gate, and when I turned around, Hyosung was already gone.

I was on the plane, staring outside. The engines vroomed and tears welled up in my eyes. Goodbye, Busan. i looked away and leaned back into my seat.

Meanwhile, if you were wondering where Hyosung was, she was running. Running through the streets of Kangnam. With a sly smirk on he face, she stopped in front of a villa. She rapped on the door urgently. As the door opened, she immediately leapt in and was faced with strong arms and a broad chest.

"Now, oppa," she purred. "Now Kikwang is gone, we can finally date." And with that, she pushed the man onto the couch and kissed him.

 

Sooyoung POV

Let's all use two words to describe school, shall we?

Utter. Boredom.

Seriously, who would like to listen to Ms. Park drone on and on and on about who fought with who? Who cares about the Joseon Dynasty?

Blargh.

"Miss Choi!" Ms. Park barked suddenly. "Who was the first king of the Joseon Dynasty?" she smirked.

I scoffed. Did she really think I wouldn't know? "King Sejong," I answered triumphantly.

She looked taken aback. "T-that's actually correct! Good work, Miss Choi. Now, back to the class.." she muttered. Hmph. I might be a playgirl now but please do still remember that I was a smartypants with the IQ of 120!

Ms. Park was a cookie fresh from the oven. She had just graduated, it was obvious. She was really pretty, too. Doe eyes (rimmed with eyeliner), a sharp nose, pouty lips, and a sharp faceline. Brown locks cascaded down her back and framed her face. (If you're too lazy to imagine, picture here.)

I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked behind to see Nana holding a slip of paper at me in her perfectly manicured nail. She pointed at Lizzy and rolled her eyes. I looked at Lizzy and she waved excitedly at me. Sighing, I grabbed the peice of paper and read it.

Sooyoungie~ You know I told you about the band that'll come to our school? IT'S TEEN TOP! You promised me you'll go right? Nothing will come in, between our deal, okay?

Sighing, I grabbed a pen and wrote a reply.

Yes, yes. I know I promised you, and nothing will come in between, okay?

-soo

I turned and handed it right back to Nana, who handed it back to Lizzy without even turning around. I seriously don't know why she dislikes Lizzy so much. Lizzy's so sweet and lovable! As she read my reply, her face glowed and she gave me a very enthusiastic thumbs up. I gave a smile and turned back.

Reaching underneath the table, I reached for my bag and drew out The Notebook. it softly, I smiled.

***

"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE." the princepal boomed. We rolled our eyes as we sat straight. Sure, our school had the best marks in Seoul, but our attitude was horrible.

"We have a new student. Please welcome Lee Kikwang. He just moved from Busan. Welcome him warmly," the princepal muttered.

I sat straight. Kikwang... A boy's name... Right?

Perfect.

New product in Love Bakery!

As the new guy walked in, I scanned him. He had a good body build, and a nice face. I turned and mouthed "MINE!" to my friends. They rolled their eyes and reluctantly nodded. Hee, having the resident playgirls as best friends has its advantages. Say "MINE!" and they back off.

Kikwang scanned the room nervously, and when he caught sight of us (as in me and my best friends) his body stiffened. Oh, a good boy here, huh?

I smirked and leaned forward, giving him a full view down my shirt. He gulped and looked away. I turned when I felt a tap on my shoulder again and Nana nonchalantly pointing to Hyorin. Hyorin mouthed "Cute~" excitedly. I pouted and she slumped. "Fine, fine..." she muttered.

"Kikwang... Could you please introduce yourself??" the princepal said awkwardly. The guy had been standing for 5 minutes without uttering anything. I raised up my eyebrows. 

"Uh... M-m-my name is K-k-kiwang and, uh... I'm from B-busan... Please take c-c-are of me, thanks!" he bowed hurriedly. "Thank you, dear. Could you please go and sit on the empty seat next to Miss Lee Ji Eun?" the princepal announced. He looked fairly happy to leave our classroom. Kikwang walked carefully over to the class nerd. I scoffed and sat back.

As class ended, I suantered over and murmured "Annyeong. Sooyoung inmida," Kikwang stared at me nervously. Ji Eun went to the rescue by dragging him off, announcing, "LET ME TOUR YOU!" while giving me the stink eye.

Hmph. So much for trying to be a nice girl to a new student.


A/N: OHMYGOODNESS. /slapped/ /bricked/ SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. FOR LIKE TWO MONTHS. SO SORRY. I'VE BEEN really cught up with stuff.. And yeah. Thanks for your faith in me! And thank BabeThi too, without her I'd never have gotten my hands moving. Please leave a comment? And yeah, little cameo from IU... Or maybe not so little XD Just comment~ And I promise updates would be more frequent~

Love you BabeThi~