Dongwoo x (unnamed) OC

Anthology - Series of drabbles, one-shots, etc.

It was really random.

 

She was merely walking to the store when an airplane came out of nowhere and landed at her feet. Confused, she looked around, thinking that perhaps that a child accidentally threw it in her direction. Seeing no child at any proximity from her, she picked it off the floor and paused when she noticed her name sprawled out on the left wing.

 

“What the?” she mumbled to herself before she started to unfold the paper.

 

Surrounded in a huge red heart that was clearly drawn with crayon, the words ‘Look up~’ was written in the middle. She vaguely remembered the handwriting, but couldn’t pinpoint it exactly at the moment cause of the confusion.

 

Seeing she had nothing to lose by looking up, she did so and froze when she noticed a familiar figure on a familiar balcony, flailing his arms with a bouquet of roses in his hands. He didn’t seem to notice that the nice bouquet was becoming disheveled from the frantic movement of his arms with that ever bright smile on his face which seemed to grow brighter when he noticed she was looking up at him.  He was dressed nicely in that simple suit she secretly loved, but never admitted out loud especially in the presence of Dongwoo’s friends cause they loved to .

 

dropped open when Dongwoo took a deep breath and yelled her name out into the heavens. Everyone within close proximity of her jumped and all eyes turned to Dongwoo. She mentally panicked at the sudden attention.

 

“Oh my god. Please, don’t tell me he’s going to-”

 

“WE’VE BEEN GOING OUT FOR A WHILE NOW. SO I FIGURED BY DOING COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED WILL STILL KEEP THE SPARK IN OUR TRUTHFUL LOVE...WAIT, I MEANT FRUITFUL...Wait, Woohyun. That doesn’t sound right.”

 

She almost smacked her palm to her forehead, but stopped herself. She rather not have people figuring out that she was the one that Dongwoo doing for...It would be too embarrassing.

 

“NEVERMIND. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I'M COMPLETELY IN LOVE YOU. EVEN THOUGH WE DON’T GO ON ENOUGH DATES BECAUSE OF OUR INDIVIDUAL SCHEDULES, I KNOW THAT WHENEVER I’M WITH YOU THE WORLD BECOMES WHOLE...AS CLICHE AS THAT IS. I’M A MAN IN LOVE WITH YOU AND I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME.”

 

With a mix of searing embarrassment and disbelief that he didn’t think she would feel the same, she ignored the stunned group around her and cupped her hands to .

 

“OF COURSE, I FEEL THE SAME WAY. WE WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN TOGETHER LONG IF I DIDN’T, YOU IDIOT! I LOVE YOU TOO, JANG DONGWOO.”

 

This time, the group of people turned their eyes to her in shock, but she didn’t spare them a glance as her eyes watched Dongwoo’s reaction. He seemed shocked at first, but then a smile, even brighter than the one that she has ever seen, erupted on his face. Confusion was what she felt when he suddenly turned and ran back into his home. The group seemed as confused as her as they muttered to themselves for a minute.

 

“Where...Where is he going?”  As soon as that sentence left her lips, she was suddenly lifted off her feet and spun in a circle. She heard familiar laughter that only belonged to Dongwoo, chime into her ears before she heard an applause.

 

Sure, it was a bit too much like a scene out of a drama for her tastes, but she’ll take it. Especially, if she could see a smile that on Dongwoo’s face.

 


A/N: It was much fluffier than before, but turned it a bit funnier for some weird reason. Clearly inspired by Infinite's comeback