D-9

Wait For Me

 

9 days

Leeteuk walked into the kitchen after a good night’s sleep. He was surprised to find dishes out, food scattered everywhere, and a hurried note left on the fridge.

“M activities. Be back later.”

Leeteuk didn’t need to ask what the “M” meant. Among the members, “Super Junior M” were words that appeared often in conversations.

Leeteuk smiled, happy that the boys were finally working on something together again. He knew how much they had all missed the hectic but exciting opportunity to work in China. And he also knew Henry and Zhou Mi would be ecstatic to finally get to promote again. Leeteuk was especially glad for those two, as he knew, even if they never uttered a word, that they felt isolated and alone sometimes. Hopefully, with Super Junior M activities resuming, they would feel loved.

Looking around, Leeteuk sighed. The remaining few members would probably be in bed for at least a couple of hours.

Taking out his phone, he pressed speed dial. “Hyung? Where are the M members?”

...........................................

Leeteuk got out of his car, carefully peeking out of his sunglasses to see if anyone had followed him. Fangirls were not what he wanted at the moment. Seeing the coast clear, he took a few steps, still pulling down on his cap for safety.

Letting himself into the building, Leeteuk followed his manager’s instructions. “Second floor, room 103.”

Peering into the glass window, a bright smile appeared on Leeteuk’s face. Opening the door, he could see several familiar faces.

“Working hard, I see.” Leeteuk said, laughing when he saw every single head in the room whip in his direction.

“Hyung!” Sungmin cried in surprise, immediately getting up to greet the leader.

Leeteuk clapped the younger man on the back and sat down in one of the empty seats. “What are you guys doing?”

“Discussing a possible comeback,” Kyuhyun said nonchalantly, but Leeteuk could see the excitement and anticipation in his eyes.

“That’s great!” Leeteuk congratulated them sincerely.

“I can’t wait to perform on stage again,” Henry’s small voice spoke up and Leeteuk immediately gave the maknae an understanding smile.

“There aren’t any set dates or anything, but we’ve been working on so much already,” Zhou Mi expressed, not hiding his smile.

Leeteuk grinned. He was happy that he saw the obvious joy and excitement in all the members' faces, especially Henry and Zhou Mi. They deserved everything. They never spoke a single complaint, yet Leeteuk could still sometimes see the hurt and disapointment in their eyes when they didn't get the same treatment as the others. It hurt Leeteuk too, seeing some of his closest brothers feeling that way. They always gave their 110% in practices and performances. They didn't deserve the hate. Leeteuk would do anything to take all the nasty comments away, but he couldn't. So, he has to settle for the next best thing: making them feel loved and wanted when they were together. It was the least he could do.

“I’m so happy for you guys. I really hope I get to—” Leeteuk was interrupted by his ringing phone.

“Hello?” Leeteuk muttered into the phone, turning the chair around to slightly muffle his voice. “Are you here?”

A minute later, he turned back to the curious members and smiled. “Guys…I brought someone to help…”

Surprised looks passed around the room just as the door clicked open. All eyes swiveled to the entrance, where a man stood, his eyes downcast, his cheeks flushed.

“H…Hankyung?” Donghae muttered.

Cries of shock and surprise went around the room. They hadn’t expected Hankyung to appear. Not at a SuJu-M meeting. It was still too early. They hadn’t gotten over his loss in the group…and they probably never will.

Eunhyuk and Sungmin especially felt regretful and awkward, since they had been dubbed the “replacements.”

Hankyung, finally raising his eyes to meet the gazes of his brothers, smiled. “You guys ready to work?”

He walked over to Eunhyuk and Sungmin, noticed their forced smiles, and put a reassuring hand on each of their shoulders. Leaning over so his next words were to them only, he whispered, “Don’t feel awkward. I chose my decision. I’m glad it’s you guys who were chosen to come into the group. As part of the ‘86 hyung line, please take care of the dongsaengs. I entrust them to your care.”

Together, Eunhyuk and Sungmin smiled. Nodding, they squeezed Hankyung’s hand. This time when they turned back to the waiting room, they had on genuine smiles.

“So are we ready to work?” Hankyung said, grinning at the other members.

Leeteuk stayed in his seat as the full 9 members of Super Junior M assembled to discuss possible songs. Looking at all of them, his heart swelled with pride. He wished that they would forever stay like this—brothers who shared laughs and tears.