D-11

Wait For Me

 

11 days

Leeteuk woke up, his head throbbing from last night’s usual party. Funny how seven years after living on the 12th floor, he still couldn’t get used to his dongsaengs’ wild nights.

“Getting old aren’t you, Grandpa Teuk,” Leeteuk chuckled to himself as he stumbled to the bathroom.

After washing up, he wandered to the kitchen where, surprise surprise, everything was a mess. Looking around, Leeteuk groaned. Did they really trash the place that much? Funny, all recollections of the previous night were completely erased from Leeteuk's brain.

“Have fun cleaning that up, boys,” Leeteuk muttered as he grabbed a key from the table and left the dorm.

A minute later, Leeteuk found himself standing in front of a wooden door not unlike the one he had just left. He knocked, and when no one opened the door, he slipped the key into the lock and let himself in.

“Guys?” Leeteuk whispered, looking around the somewhat cleaner dorm.

Three heads poked out of the bedroom. “Hyung!”

“Oh? You’re all up already?” Leeteuk smiled, looking from each tired face to the next.

“Yeah, we woke up a few minutes ago…well all of us except for—“ Sungmin’s answer was cut off short by someone yelling.

“YAH, WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING SO LOUDLY SO EARLY IN THE MORN—oh. Hey there Leeteuk.”

Leeteuk laughed at Eunhyuk’s bed hair, his pajamas, and his tired/mad looking face. “Good morning to you too. You look like crap.”

Eunhyuk scoffed. “Well maybe it was because you guys were freaking partying at 3 AM so we couldn’t sleep.”

Immediately, Leeteuk sobered up. “Wh…”

Looking at Sungmin, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Yesung, and Eunhyuk’s tired faces, Leeteuk finally understood why they were so exhausted.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize we were being so loud. Were we annoying you? What time did you sleep? How long did you sleep? You guys should get into bed again. Don’t lose sleep! I promise it won’t happen again! I’ll talk to—“

Yesung started laughed. “Hyung, it’s all right. We’ve lived this way for over seven years. We’re completely used to it. Eunhyuk here, is just not a morning person.”

“Seriously hyung, it’s all right,” Ryeowook chimed up, a tired but bright smile lighting up his face.

Eunhyuk also seemed slightly embarrased, if that was even possible. "What were you guys doing up there anyways. I swear I could hear Donghae yell 'FISHY FISHY FISHYYY EVERYWHERE' for at least an hour."

Leeteuk laughed. "Really? Highly likely, actually."

Eunhyuk cracked a smile that lit up his tired expression. Now that Leeteuk looked closer, he could see that Hyukjae was tired, but not cranky-exhausted as he was after an intense dance practice. He was only joking around. 

Leeteuk smiled in relief. He felt like lately, all the members had been overly nice to him. Maybe…maybe it was because they knew he wouldn’t be around soon. The thought depressed him.

Shaking away the feeling, Leeteuk grinned at the members, walking towards them and throwing an arm around Kyuhyun and Sungmin. “You guys are the best. Can I chill with you guys here? The boys upstairs are snoring too loudly.”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Typical hyungs. Of course you can! You should just move in with us. Then you could play Starcraft with me all day.”

Leeteuk looked at the maknae strangely. "Yah, I'm too old to understand that kind of technology."

"You can't possibly more than Yesung does..."

"HEY!" 

Leeteuk grinned as he watched the children bicker with each other. “It’d be nice, living on the 11th floor with you guys.”