Chapter 12

[Hiatus] When I Find My Way Back

 “So, I have some great news and I have some good news.” Dae-Ho looked between Taemin and Jinki with a smile on his face. “Which do you want first?”

“Whichever will make me happier.” Jinki shrugged, not really sure he wanted to know what it was, but knowing he needed to at the same time.

“Then great news first. The cast is coming off today.” And that did make Jinki happier as he looked at the hunk of plaster he would be losing. “And the good news is that we can take out your stitches as well. So which do you want done first?”


Getting the cast off wasn’t as great as he had thought it would be. While there wasn’t ten pounds of plaster on his leg, there was still five pounds of splint and wrappings. “This is sort of disappointing.”

“No it’s not!” Taemin bounced in the seat next to him in the car as one of the drivers of the company drove them, trying to distract Jinki from the road. “You’re recovering!”

“I thought getting the cast off meant I could walk soon. I have this for two months now.” He gestured to the smaller lump on his leg, still making it unable to bend. “And now I even have to be more careful about hitting it.”

“Do you want me to get him to put the cast back on?”

“Splint is good.” Jinki’s reply came only a second after Taemin asked, making the boy laugh at how much he despised the cast. “Forget all that I just said.”
“Good. Do you want to stop and get lunch before we get back? There’s a chicken shop around here…” Taemin seemed like such a distracted and innocent little kid in the moment that when Jinki’s mind went back to the morning, he couldn’t believe the two were the same person. “Hyung? Do you want chicken?”

“Uh… Sure.”

“What are you thinking about that you aren’t excited about chicken?” The maknae was in his face suddenly and Jinki couldn’t help but jump at how close the boy was. “And don’t try lying to me.”

“This morning…” His voice sounded a lot weaker than he would have like, but the youngest seemed to have a special skill of scaring him even though he was the only one Jinki really trusted. “What you did this morning…”

“Oh, that!” Taemin gave a little laugh. “I saw that on a show and it made them happy, so I figured it would work with you!”

Jinki didn’t need memories from the past years to know that type of show wasn’t something around everywhere. “And where did you see a show like that?”

“The hyungs were watching it but the kicked me out after that part…” Taemin gave a little pout. “But did it work? Did I make you happier?”

“Taemin?”

“Yes hyung?”

“Don’t ever do that again.”


“What type of shows do you show this kid?!” Jinki looked around the living room at the other three, giving an exasperated yell almost as soon as he and Taemin were through the door.

“…What are you talking about?” Kibum looked between the two, honestly confused. Jonghyun and Minho had the same expression, but Taemin only laughed at them.

“The one you kicked me out of!” As soon as they realized, there was no hiding the darkening of any of their cheeks.

“Yah! Lee Taemin! What did we say about that?!” Kibum was over the couch and in front of the boy in a minute, looking very much like he wanted to choke or hit him. At least one.

“I can’t remember!” He ducked away from the person in front of him, weaving around Jinki and getting near the hallway in seconds. “I’ll clean up first then!”

Once they were left alone as four in the room, Jinki looked at the three blushing dongsaengs. “I don’t even want to know why you were watching it, but at least tell him what it was so he knows to not copy what he saw.”

The comment had them all looking at him until Jonghyun burst into laughter, realizing first what had happened. Kibum and Minho were not long behind. “That was what happened this morning?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” It was the eldest’s turn to blush red now, but he was still looking at the others. “Just because he acts older most of the time doesn’t mean he doesn’t still have childish sides. He didn’t realize…”

“Hyung,” Kibum was trying his best to not laugh as he spoke to Jinki, placing a hand on one of his shoulders as he continued, “a twenty year old guy doesn’t realize what he saw. That’s not our problem.”

“It is if he saw it from you!” That got them laughing again. “One of you better explain it to him…”

“Explain what to whom?” Taemin appeared back in the doorway from the hall and looked around the room. “What did I miss?”

Kibum and Jonghyun didn’t even give Minho a warning before making crosses with their arms, telling the rapper he was the one to explain. His smile disappeared in seconds as he leaned closer to Taemin, whispering in the younger’s ear. The whole time, he stayed frozen in place, only pulling away at the end with wide eyes as he looked around at them. “You guys are disgusting! There were two guys in that!”

Now it was Jinki’s turn to smile and laugh a little, looking at the three. “Is there something you want to tell us?”


I'm sorry this is so short! I just wanted to post something after the last chapter since it was a little... different from the others, to explain the end. But I've been really busy so this is all I have. Please enjoy and don't kill me! I'll try and update again as soon as possible!