Extra Story: Luhan

Game of Chess

Extra Story

Extra Story

Luhan's particular sunday

ft. Luhan

They squirmed, as he had thought. Not afraid of him, he mused, rather to one of his subordinate or as he like to say, comrade, friend, and words alike. Luhan cocked his head as a mischievous smile played on his lips. Oh, how he hates the pleasure that tickling his side. He yet again showed them the screen of his phone. With only that they started to beg for forgiveness. He despised that look. Are they that weak? He questioned. After they clearly – without a doubt threatening me?

What a cowardice act of a group of cowards…“Oh sorry,” the Black Leader faked an apology as the suppose-attackers’ eyes bulged like fish. “I dialed it” Luhan said with a smile enough to paralyze a lion alone. With an unmanly shriek, the bunch of man quickly retreated, leaving the overly amused Black Leader.

“Leader, you shouldn’t call me just to scare some people in your way” the voice of his underclassman from the phone’s speaker only made Luhan smiled even more. He casually put his free hand into his jacket’s pocket. He merely chuckled.

“They started it” the older one replied. “I’m not at blame” Luhan tried to stop himself from snickering when he heard his underclassman clicked his tongue. And I heard the White Representative also did that to Jong In... As he heard the other person in line talking nonsense – for the Black Leader, of course – as his thought wondered. Am I on the same level with Jong In? He asked himself as he continued walked aimlessly.

He continued hearing whatever this guy on the line saying, with his mind working like where exactly he was going… nowhere. Luhan looked at the sky full of clouds. Absent mindedly he’s heading to somewhere that can provide him as a shelter from the upcoming rain. He for no reason remembered the last thought.

Of course I’m on the same level as Jong In, it’s not like I ever try to think higher of myself than him… he stopped as a cool feeling touched his face and his uncovered hands. His eyes looked blankly at the droplets of water that fell endlessly towards him, gradually become stronger and bolder.

Ah, it’s raining already…

And thus the normal Saturday of Luhan the Black Leader, one of the two kings of Seoul Art High started, with a move of a pawn and the other piece fiddling between his fingers.

~//~

The morning – or is it still considered as morning – warmth crept to the teen’s skin. Although the cold breeze brushed his skin several times, it was very refreshing. The rain ended quickly than he had thought earlier. Call it his own luck as Luhan’s tummy started to growl, and gladly not loud.

His instinct made him heading to the nearest convenient store, hoping to get himself a warm just-made ramen in cup. Luhan looked around him. Despite the rather cold weather, the street is already bustling by people. Not that the Black Leader minded, but the accident involving some inferior students on his way began to make him annoyed. I don’t have time to bother myself about them. He firmly thought before entering the store.

Sat by facing the window, Luhan started eating his meal. He slurped the food and finished it quickly. “Hah~” he sighed in content. Like all his Saturdays Luhan missed his breakfast at home. Breakfast should be eaten before ten in the morning, so they say.

As he waited his stomach to work on his breakfast slash lunch, he scanned the whole place. It was the same place where he had met Kang Seuk Ri as a person. Sure he saw her on the King’s Hallway earlier that eventful week – which is quite long time ago. But at the moment he was too into the heated situation with the White King – or whatever title you prefer on calling Kyung Soo – was… unavoidable. Both of them know when this situation was laid before them; they had to face it, with minimal causality.

Luhan shuddered. Why did he just think about Seuk Ri all of the sudden? He already told himself numerous of times that in no other mean behind, he just want to be the girl’s friend; nothing more, nothing less. Seuk Ri is a friend, and no matter what he’s not being one of Seuk Ri countable acquaintances just to persuade the girl into the Blacks. No, he wouldn’t stoop that low. That also applies on his counterpart, the White Leader since they loathed such method.

Still, why did he think about her? He shook his head.

Maybe that’s just because of him being worried. He wasn’t sure what, but thinking the girl might be in the other side of the world could get him goose bumps. “Aish, what are you thinking Luhan?” he muttered before hastily paid his meal and left.

He’s a busy person. Thoughts like these shouldn’t make their ways penetrating to his mind. Yet in the end he couldn’t do anything about it.

~//~

In the middle of the day he would be in this particular studio.

His movements are nimble and perfect; all harmonize by the even beats of the song. He mouthed the lyrics under his breath as he counted inside his mind. It takes harder effort, but saying your counts on stage is just look off. Not that he would perform anything near in the future.

“Wow…” Luhan abruptly stopped as he turned around to see his two friends of the Blacks, all staring at him with amazed look, although the younger one looked more apparent. Sehun and Chanyeol, one is first year while the other is in the same class as him. “Sunbae looks awesome, amazing!” Sehun showed him thumb-ups.

“Thank you” he thanked. How many times people had told him that, Luhan still feels flustered. Luhan grabbed the remote near his feet and turned the music player off. He sat on the wooden floor next to Chanyeol.

The other second-year watched the Black Leader. “Something isn’t right with you today”

Park Chan Yeol, second year. In the same class with his representative, Kim Jong In. Choose to be with the Blacks merely because most dancers and rappers are on the Black Faction. Actually to think more about it, most people do.

But aside of that oh-so-obvious discovery, Luhan caught himself off guard with Chanyeol’s innocent statement. “Is that so?” he responded. He’s not being rude in any way, but Luhan found some hostility and ignorance in his voice. It reminds him of the White Leader’s tone, the tone he hated the most.

It says when you hate something you grew fond towards it… Luhan laughed inside his mind at the absurdity.

“Well, you look like you do” Chanyeol pointed out but shrugged the topic the moment later. Secretly, the way the teen interacted with the Black Leader was in the very least description, is comfortable. Not awkward in any kind, without showing their incredibly huge respect for the faction’s leader.

“Umm…” Luhan looked at Chanyeol. “Sorry if I’m being insensitive and for my rudeness, Black Leader”

Luhan, although keeps his bright expression, he wanted to make one temper tantrum. But for everyone’s sake, let’s just scratch the previous thought.

~//~

Tantrums are something that might tie strongest to the Black Leader. He’s trying, very hard as he swore; that he’s not trying to get angry. But he couldn’t help it, in the end, sadly enough. And when this paragraph explained the leader’s weakness against his extremely huge temper, the worst has come in the reality.

His eyes twitched, veins popped on his forehead, his fangs slightly bared, and mostly his entire body shaken. If Luhan is a cat his fur must be bristle right now. “Yah, what do you mean by there’s nothing left?” his voice shook as he refrain himself not to throw a fit right here in the bookstore.

“I’m sorry, but the book you’re looking for is currently out of stock” the scared looking store worker tried to told him. But Luhan’s glare doesn’t loosen. His gaze started penetrating to his poor victim.

Now if you ask, what book he was looking for so badly. Actually it wasn’t very big, or something he really, really wants to read. To make it easy it was just a small homework – and yes, they still get homework once in awhile. But as his perfectionist side of him urged Luhan’s entire being to do thing in one hundred percent perfection, he just cannot tolerate… this misfortune.

“Alright, I understand” he finally said before turned away, leaving the almost pass out person. The Black Leader looked aimlessly until he’s at the stationary section. He looked for some notebooks – although having no intention on buying one.

As he looked at some black covered simple book, he overheard the two middle school girls who are currently rummaging through the same rack as him. “I think this book is cute” one said as she pulled out a soft pink and fluffy covered – to Luhan’s personal disdain – notebook. The other took it and flipped it twice before returned it to the rack.

“I don’t think I need that fancy looking book” she told her friend. “Beside I only want to use the book to list all the things I want to do before leaving to America” the other one nodded her head as she picked another cute-looking book, better than the previous one, Luhan noted.

“This is a simple agenda book and quite thin too” she told her soon-to-leave-friend. “And it’s not fancy look” her friend took the book and analyzed it before smiling brightly.

“Let’s pick this one” she exclaimed before the duo left to purchase the agenda.

Meanwhile Luhan watched them leave before putting down the notebook in his possession. Scoot closer to where those two girls found agenda books, he found himself facing variety kind of notebooks. Picking one he started putting a thought in it.

A small smile appeared on his feature before look through the rack for a simple yet well, his style. After few good looks, he found a vintage looking note. He quickly bought the thing and exited the store.

Well, not after throwing yet another angry look to the shopkeeper, at least making the poor soul drenched with cold sweats.

~//~

Luhan clutched his jacket even tighter as he walked further to the edge of the bridge. He looked at the view in front of him. The coldness disappeared as fast as it came. His breath stopped as his eyes trailed to the dark sky and the ground filled with both yellow and red lights.

“Wow…” he exclaimed in awe as he watched the moving lights. His left hand is still clutching his jacket while the other is holding a cup of coffee. The warmth crept from his fingertips into his entire body. Luhan moved his hand until both of his hands hold the beverage.

As he swallowed the whole scene, suddenly his phone that placed on his jacket’s pocket vibrated. He ignored it until the ringtone began to muffle from the garment. With annoyed grunt, finally the Black Leader pick the call. “What’s the matter?” he asked in hostile tone.

“No need to be rude,” the other person reminded. At that Luhan rolled his eyes but say nothing. “I was just about to ask you about the next practice”

“Ah about that Jong In, I think everyone’s free on Wednesday” Luhan told him. Jong In gave a skeptical silence before finally respond to his leader’s suggestion.

“You think Tao could make it?”

Luhan took a sip of his coffee before chuckled. “He became quite infuriated by those inferior people” he told his representative in a jolly tone, clearly amused at it. “Tao sounds like he’s bored being called scary or being afraid of”

Jong In’s small laugh became audible before he continued. “Alright then… Wait-“

 Jong In’s voice stopped Luhan from end the call. “When I’m at it, we’re at the usual snack shop, want to join us?” The Black Leader thought for awhile before he answered he’ll be right there after finish on what he’s doing right now. “Okay great! Sehun and Chanyeol are already here too!” with that the Black Representative ended the call.

Luhan growled as he looked at the phone’s screen. “This kid, dare to hang up on me” he shut his phone and pocketed the thing.

He sighed as he watched the view before him. “Oh right, I cannot make them waiting for long” he said as he put the drink on the stable railing of the bridge. He then took out the already unwrapped agenda book from the plastic bag he put near his feet. Luhan then dug his pants’ pocket to find his pen that he gladly keeps.

Luhan looked at the beautiful scene before he scribbled on the book. As he finished he shortly returned the book before hold his coffee again.

He drank the content before sighed. The heat from the drink formed a warm mist under his breath. “Until now I didn’t know,” he muttered. “But, I will just follow my instinct until I found out what it is this thing inside…” he paused until realizing hit him.

“Oh, I need to hurry, they might get worried and send a rescue team, again” Luhan exclaimed before taking his stuffs and started running.

Now, if we rewind the whole thing back to where he was writing on the new book and peered behind him, we can read what he wrote.

It says: Luhan’s list; things I must do with Kang Seuk Ri before she leaves.

author's note--

author's note--

What's this? Well, this is an Extra Story folks! Now every end of an arc, an extra story will be posted. But don't miss reading these extra stories! Some clue might lie between the words and will help you (a lot) on figuring the future situation /wink-wink/. I realized this chapter is shorter than most of this story other chapters -.-" But all things aside, what do you think of this chapter? Is it good is it bad? Found something interesting (meh...)? Tell me by commenting~! I won't bite and I will appreciate it TO THE EXTREME!