Chapter 11

Game of Chess

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

In the middle of a storm suddenly a speck of light

become so much brighter than the sun

“What should I do, what should I do…?” Sehun muttered continuously as he dragged any movable equipment to hold off the door. The Black first-year was in panic. He was truly terrified when the door opened and his dreadful bunch of teacher was staring at him.

Sehun messed with his hair as he keeps panicking. The door knocked several times and he can remembered each teacher, ordering him to open the door. “I can’t open the door, I won’t!” he shouted out loud as he put a vase on the neatly piled stuffs those guarding the door.

Another knock and Sehun finally fed up. “Oh god, please, I will never ever open the door!” he screeched and then everything went to mute. Sehun gulped nervously as he backing up very slowly.

There was another knock, but before the first-year could scream out again, a more familiar voice can be heard. “Sehun,”

“Leader?” Sehun carefully approached the door with cautions. “Is it you, Black Leader?” he tried to confirm. There was a sound of a sigh before Luhan answered him.

“It’s me Sehun,” the leader answered. “Now open the door, everything will be fine. Trust me”

At Luhan’s order, Sehun is actually feeling a bit hesitant on obeying. But to think of it, why Sehun feels insecure in the first place. Is his subconscious is trying to tell him something? In the end the first-year Blacks’ head fell down.

“Okay,” he said, but when he was about to unlocked the door, Sehun remembered something. Sehun let a weak, timid laugh.

In front of him was pile of things. Books, desk and he even had moved Luhan’s personal stuffs too. “Err, I think I moved almost the entire room furniture in front of the door…” Sehun admitted.

My sofa?”

“The sofa too, but… I will move it first!” Sehun exclaimed this as he pulled the sofa back to its previous position and Luhan’s forehead had bam itself right into the wooden door, created a small sounded thud along.

~//~

The student council room is dark as Kyung Soo always keeps it. But different now, inside of this very room, a more than dozen people was there. The White Leader never actually very pleasant of this situation. He hated crowds in general.

But the whole thing had make it this way, and even him, cannot break through at least when he was alone.

“What are we doing here?” Tao asked when he shuffled his feet nervously. It was normal for a Blacks like him to feel a bit nervous of his current situation. The teachers had entered the broadcast room and kicked out any student from the room. Although that was the situation, no announcement or clarity was being made.

Tao gulped nervously when no one seems to answer his question. His eyes swept around the room. Both Black and White leader are present, and also Jong In and Risa, as the representative. And the rest are two random girl he suspected to be second-years, Sehun and Chanyeol from the Blacks, Chen, Baekhyun from the Whites, and apparently Kang Seuk Ri too, indecisive as always.

But what makes Tao a lot more nervous is the presence of the English teacher in the room. Although not the most strict teacher ever, Kris’ presence still bears fright.

“To answer that Tao,” Kyung Soo leaned back to his office chair. “We all are waiting for something” he answered and Tao, even if he still found it rude, gave a questioning look towards the White Leader.

“What are you talking a-“

He was cut by the ring sound that came from the speaker that attached to almost every hallway ceiling and room in the entire school. Tao was staring at the White Leader with rather confusion mixed with surprise.

But instead of giving any answer, even the silent one, Kyungsoo and all occupant of the room was attentively listening to the announcement. That clearly wasn’t made by the Black Leader as Luhan was there at the current time.

There’s a low static sound before a voice of a man could be heard. “Ah, ah, is this thing on?” Luhan and Jong In rolled their eyes in unison for such a stupidity. “That doesn’t matter, I’m your physical education teacher and I would like to make an ultimatum, ah, I mean an announcement

“He just destroyed the surprise…” Chen commented distinctly. And all the student there – and probably Kris also – agreed with the third-year’s opinion on that.

“Either way,” the PE teacher continued. “As the result of the current teacher board is that: student in the name of Lu Han and Do Kyung Soo, will be expelled in two week after this ‘announcement’ being made. That’s all”

When the broadcast was over the room was in the middle of mental chaos. Or maybe half mental and half physical as Sehun, Tao and Chanyeol was obviously shouting their minds out like there’s no tomorrow.

Kyungsoo was starting to have headache with their loud tendencies. Although it was a fortune that Luhan realized it before the White Leader become very annoyed to the point he would kick all of them out of his office.

“Guys, keep it down” Luhan scolded and the Blacks’ protest died down eventually. Luhan sighed as he continued. “Good, now before I continue I want all of you to be more relaxed since nothing is going to happen”

“Nothing’s going to happen, it’s exactly happening right now!” Chanyeol shouted. Luhan gave a piercing glare before he slumped his back to the chair.

“Blasted teachers, wanted to create turmoil…” he muttered before straightened himself up. “They leave some details, important one if I might add,” Luhan paused and looked towards Kyung Soo with a raised eyebrow.

“Should we assembled the students?” he asked and Kyung Soo nodded his head. Understand what to do, Luhan stood up from his seat and gestured the Blacks to follow him. Jong In, Chanyeol, Sehun, Tao and one of the other girl lined up behind him. But before they exited the room Luhan turned around.

“Sehun, you stay”

“But-“

Luhan sighed. “There are some information needed to be heard from the White Leader and Teacher Kris” he explained. Sehun hesitated but nodded anyway. Luhan then faced the White Leader once more. “Want me to take some of White students?”

“You can bring Chen sunbae along, and…” Kyung Soo’s voice trailed. He looked a bit distracted before shook himself. “You-know-who, he stays at the home economy classroom at this time of the day”

Luhan smiled. “Noted, let’s go then. Since the broadcast room is still student-free then we do class-to-class announcement” the group soon leave.

Sehun, the only Blacks on the room shuffled his feet nervously. Despite his tall figure he was looking down and looked smaller than he actually is. “Sehun” when he heard his name, he flinched.

"Yes?"

~//~

Kang Seuk Ri cannot be more shocked of the upturn of situation. She dared not utter a word. She in the first place wasn’t much aware on what the teacher thought over the last two years. Maybe unpleasant, but was it that big they even wanted to expel students so easily.

Seuk Ri could only watched the rest of people privately summoned to student council room were in nervous-wreck. She suspected they haven’t fully recovered from the surprising news. Risa was still in shock, her eyes widened, staring at Kyung Soo with questions and her jaw dropped. Is Kyung Soo knows but choose not to tell his representative? Seuk Ri looked down at her feet.

Is this problem was so big that Kyungsoo even Luhan, who she knows better, hid it from the world?

“So, what the Black Leader wants me to hear from you?” Sehun’s voice was a bit shaken an opposite of the ignorant and nonchalant look he showed. Seuk Ri turned her head immediately towards Kyung Soo who still give a cold look, or blank if knowing his real intention.

Kyung Soo sighed he looked at Kris who stood next to him. “Do I really have to drag everyone into this?” he sounded like begging. Kris gave a hardened look.

“I know you hate being a burden to other people but if this left unsolved then it might affected on what will happen in the future” Kris reasoned. And after listened to this, even Seuk Ri understand what the English teacher means.

If the school is really going to expel both Kyung Soo and Luhan, they might do that to in the future and if not the rest of the student will fell unsettled and afraid. Of course no one in the room wanted that. Not an exception for the White Leader too as Kyung Soo finally looked at Sehun.

“As you heard before, that will happen” Kyung Soo stated as if it was a mere fact. “And I don’t think I need to repeat the whole content” he added which received a curt nod from Sehun.

“I understand,” Sehun meekly replied. “I also don’t want to remember about it, it’s sounded like one bad dream…” Kyung Soo just smiled understandingly. Seuk Ri could feel Kyungsoo was less hostile towards Sehun than with Luhan. Maybe he found Sehun was less intriguing than the current Black Leader? It was hard to tell with the White Leader unreadable face.

“But, for some reason the PE teacher doesn’t inform the entire deal” Kyung Soo piped in from the silence. Gasp of surprise came from the others. Seukri looked at the White Leader. Is there any other way? Why the teacher hide it from them?

“Blasted teachers, wanted to create turmoil…”

“What the other teacher missed is the fact Teacher Kris is on the headmaster and our side” Kyung Soo pointed at the English teacher with a gaze.

“What?” the other girl who keep in silence shouted. “If the headmaster is against it why the teachers are still able to make such a decision?”

Kris smiled. He wonders why too. “Because in the actuality in less than two months, when this term ended, the headmaster will be retire. You can say his authority wasn’t as strong as before” he told the student with rather calm face.

“But for now we shouldn’t be panic whatsoever. We managed to pull out a negotiation” Kyung Soo pulled out a paper from his desk. “Before the study tour, I and Luhan agreed to act like 'forever best friend' in order to put everyone in neutral position. We managed as you can see how close you all few days ago”

“So all of it was an act?!” Sehun burst out angrily. “I thought you and Luhan Sunbae is really getting along together!”

Kyung Soo gave a bored look. “We never have grudge on each other so it wasn’t a big deal in the first place” he admitted in quiet voice. “It was part of the agreement okay? And everyone did their best in the end. It was all good thing to be done” Kyung Soo firmly added.

“However,” Kyung Soo’s eyes were down. “On weekend Teacher Kris told me about this, so I contacted Luhan so both of us could make a new deal”

“And the new deal is?” Suddenly Baekhyun asked from the background. Along with Seuk Ri, as far from now the mentally-troubled teen never speak of anything.

Kyung Soo gaze at the genius painter before his eyes swept across the entire room. “If before the due day we could collect money to cover last year lost one and money for school fund rising, then me and Luhan can stay…” his tone trailed before he laughed awkwardly and stood up.

Followed by a screech came from the chair, suddenly Kyung Soo deeply bowed at all of them. “So, please lend us your power to achieve that!” he exclaimed. Silence slowly creeping in the room. “I know I should’ve asked all of the students but,” he straightened himself.

“Include the other people who are being called here, you all are the pillars of the school. With your knowledge, creativity and experience, please help us” Kyung Soo was dead serious. His tone was slightly shaken.

Seuk Ri sympathizing the boy. She mean, not everyone can hold that kind of burden for a long time without speaking to someone else. Or maybe he did, along with other people he shared the burden with, Luhan.

Sehun slowly laughed in a shy manner. He covers his mouth as he looked at Kyungsoo. “I always thought White Leader was some fearsome cold person, but actually he is just a person” Sehun said without any offense in his voice. “Of course I, and the rest of the Blacks will help. Our leader is also on the line, and just like Teacher Kris said if it’s left like this it might happened again in the future”

The Black first-year gave a small grin. “Beside we Blacks often called the rebels, maybe it’s true at some point”

“I believe the rest of Whites will help!” Risa exclaimed with fire in her eyes. “I cannot believe you left us in the dark Kyung Soo-ah!” she ranted. “This time we’ll help, right?” she smiled at Baekhyun and the other girl. The two of them smiled in agreement.

Seuk Ri nervously raised her hand. With a small smile she declared her will. “I will try my best on helping you and Luhan” she said. “Even though I’m not one of either Black or White, all of you are my friends”

Kyung Soo smiled warmly. “Thank you, all of you” he bowed. Maybe if it wasn’t his willpower he might be crying at this point. He then looked at Sehun meaningfully.

“It was nice talking to you. You have a wisdom inside of you” he told the now-flustered first year.

“I am?” Sehun’s eyes sparkled. But before he could continue the door opened and revealing a hugely grinning Luhan.

“Oh you’re back” Kyung Soo is back to his rather ignorant exterior. Luhan let the look slide his ego as he and his group entered the room. “So how’s it goes?” there was a bit caution on the White Leader’s tone.

“Don’t worry. All of them were enraged but we managed to calm them down and explained the situation. First, just let everything down and we started organizing the whole thing tomorrow” Luhan advised casually as he took a random seat.

“Sounds like a plan” Kyung Soo agreed.

Suddenly Risa’s eyes widened. “Wait, ‘organizing’? I think I know the right person for the job” she exclaimed and Kyung Soo signed her to continue.

“But she’s like twenty something year old. If it’s okay with you, I’ll ask about it to her” Risa sounded uncertain. But Kyung Soo and Luhan gave an approving look.

“Just bring her, we need all potential people around us” the White Leader told her. Kris suddenly put his palm on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“In that case I know another person who most likely cannot reject any offer. He will help us, eventually” Kris half-smiled.

Kyung Soo grinned secretly. “Thanks teacher” he gratefully thanked the teacher. Kris looked up to the ceiling.

“My real mission is you, but if you’re gone then I will fail too”

The room was become more hectic as Seuk Ri was pulled into a conversation with Risa and the other two girls. The boys – doesn’t matter from what faction they come – also conversed normally. They randomly discuss the whole thing.

Two weeks sounds hard enough for high school student to achieve such a big thing. But somehow, Seuk Ri inside this circle, feel that maybe they weren’t so much devastated at all. Earlier this day she was afraid of the fact she almost missed.

A black is always black and a white is always be a white.

But despite of all, friendship will prevail in the end. She just hoped this will continue forever. Maybe she still can wishing upon it. She glanced at Kyung Soo who watched the whole scene and Luhan who is talking to others, the leaders even don’t mind on the condition.

Maybe this situation was made to test everything. And she believe if all of them try hard enough, their sail will be over in a ‘rainbow’ island, will pass every storm without staggering a bit.

author's note--

author's note--

Well... yeah. The new arc wasn't as cheerful as the others but this is where some information being leaked and all. I hope you enjoy it though! More people in the future (and since not all EXO member are here so... frankly saying there will be some). Anyway just for the record, I don't have anything against teachers, heck, my mom is a teacher herself! LOL.