four

I don't want to be an idol

HER

 

"When I debut someday, I'll announce to the whole world that I love you"

"You promise?"

"Forever and always"

 

She woke up with a start. Checking the clock beside her, she screamed when she saw the time. "9.30!!!!?! holy crap I'm late!!!" she flapped her arms in panic as she scrambled off the bed and went to get ready for school. Within 5 minutes, she was out of her dorm. With a pair of boots, skinny jeans and a loose t-shirt, she was ready to start her day.

Missing the first lecture of the day, she only went in during the break before the second period. "Someone's looks wasted today " Hongbin said as he slighly laughed at my outfit and my "over the topness" messy hair. "Aw shut up" I smacked his arm playfully. Hongbin has been my 1 and only friend ever since I've stepped into this university. Being a loner like how I was born to be, I didn't really talk to anyone in my class. Hongbin was the one who suggested to be friends and somehow or rather, we got really close after that.

Suddenly it came across to her that she didn't check her phone for Sungyeol's reply yet. Keeping her hopes high, she took her phone out of the back pocket of her jeans and unlocked it. She was elated when she found out that he actually replied.

 

"Okay, see you at the starbucks near my practice room at 3pm, don't be late! -Lee Sungyeol"

 

She grabbed her phone tight and did a mini high five in her head to herself. Noticing this, Hongbin nudged her "what happened?" he asked. "Nooooothing~" she sang as walked to the music studio for music period.

 

That night, she thought of many things. What will she say tomorrow? Tell him that she misses him? Pour out all her feelings to him? To be very honest, she had mixed feelings about this meet up. Although they've been friends for years...it has been nearly 4 years since they've met. 4 years..now that she think of it. How did she manage to survive. She was afraid, afraid that things would be awkward between them and the meet up will not turn out to be like how she wants it to be..all the jokes and laughter..like it'll always be if we turn back to the time where they were still so close. She knows that everything has changed and it is not as simple as it seems now that they're all grown up and...successful in their lives, well at least for Sungyeol.

 

Nevertheless, she made a mental note to sleep early and make sure that she looks presentable the next day for her bestfriend.