(Im)perfect

Aozora ; YunBoa fics collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                            

 

 

 

 

Yunho stares at  the scenery behind the window desperately.  The drops of rain  doesn’t seemingly  want to compromise with him. It still falls heavily and there is no way he can apply his plan for her perfectly.

“Aren’t you supposed to be happy on my birthday?“  a  pair of soft hands  hug  him from behind. When he turns around, he sees the lovely face of his petite wife that cracks an eye smile that he favors.

 “Look. There is a birthday cake. “ His index finger is pointing toward their dinner table which is decorated with a cloth that has a gingham check pattern.

“Uh-huh.” She nods softly

“Those other foods are included.” There are her favorite kimchi, his favorite bbimbab and other menus that they both love.

“Yes, so..”  She elevates her right eyebrow. Her mind is confused.

“Oh don’t forget your favorite red wine from a year 1935. ” Yunho is pointing again  to their dinner table , exactly in the direction when he puts a wine that he bought from France. “

“And your point is? “ She has no idea  what he actually thinks.

“It's supposed to be a perfect birthday surprise for you.” He spares a cough timidly to hide his embarrassment

“Ah it's perfect !” A big grin crawls in her small face. She can calculate how much time and money that his husband has sacrificed for her. 

“It isn't, the rain didn’t want to cooperate with my plan.  We could celeberated your surprise birthday with a romantic dinner in the yard.” Her husband has actually already prepared a colorful decorative lamp that hangs down on one of the fence,which reads happy birthday my lovely wife, BoA. Unfortunately, the heavy rain continues  to fall so if they do that, they will get a risk of electric shock. Thinking about his efforth going  to waste, makes him pouts cutely like a spoiled five year old kid. His action makes her produce a melodic laugh. She should know better how freak his husband is when it comes to his standard of perfection.

She tries to pinch the bridge of his nose. Their height difference slightly obstructs her to reach it. “ I don’t need perfect birthday surprise, you know, ” she pauses for a while before continuing, “your accompanience here is more than enough. “

There is sadness slips into her pitch when she said that line to convince. It makes his heart  rage slightly. Feeling guilty inside,s he tries to switch  his attention to her pink rosy lip instead. His occupation as a  movie director makes him travel a lot, leaving  her alone. This year is  probably his most traffic  year with 5 project movies that requires shooting  in various places, including one  abroad. That’s the reason why he prepared a lot for her birthday surprise. It's all nothing but to atone how he has neglected her.

 

 “My lovely wife deserves a perfect special day,” he mutters as he extends a pair of his strong hand to embrace her tiny waist, “ and for a certain reason, I am failed.” His gaze wanders into the yard,  where rain still stubbornly falls into the earth.

“Psst don’t say that!” She trails her hand from his nose then to his lip. “Let's make peace with a nature .” Her last sentence causes him to elevate his eyebrow in perplexity. Her laugh echoes again, “Yunho let's dance in the rain like the couples in your movie, “ she stares at him lovingly.

“Are you sure Madame?” He needs to confirm what she orders

“ Are  you afraid that you will end up sick, sir?” She pulls her  pink tongue out playfully.  She teases him as she  draps her hands in his neck.

“Why should i, you will take care of me.  I am not married to  a doctor for nothing.”  He smirks at her mischievously.

He tightens his grip and buries his head into the crook of her neck. The scent of her body lingers in his olfactory senses . It mixes of water lily , rose, cinnamon and baby powder. A scent which makes him  feel calmer slowly. He isnt hostile the falling rain no more. Who needs to execute a perfect plan, when he can enfold a brilliant woman who always know how to submerge his cloudiness. Maybe that is one of the reason why he can’t love another woman truly except her.

He opens the door. They look to the outside. The Rain  still spreads to the earth eventough  it's not as heavy as before. Their hands are intertwined with each other, through the years her little hand still fits with his hand. “Let's go !” He encourages while she nods.  They run together in the rain before  they stop in the middle of the yard. His hand starts to wander onto her flesh, finding a way to clutch her mold of fragile figure tightly. She puts her hand on his shoulder and they start to dance in the rain. There is no music for accompanying them, but it’s fine because her  humming is more than enough. The rain obviously drenched their clothes but they couldn’t care less. when they kiss, their tongues woven  together  passionately, breaking the cold that wrap them.

“ Are you happy now? “ She sends a smile that makes butterflies flutter in his pod all over again.

“ Happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter