Mission 4: The Meeting

Project EARTH

“Sorry to disturb you, Your Excellency, but it’s time for your meeting with the special council.” The secretary informed Governor Hyosung. She got up from her chair and let out a loud sigh. Governor Hyosung started to head to the meeting room. An eerie atmosphere enveloped the hall as she walked through. Her steps were echoing through, as if warning the people of her presence; unhurried, even. The door in front of her opened and she was welcomed by a five-member council. She then went to seat at head of the table. She sat down and crossed her legs. Scanning the room, she acknowledged the presence of the council members.

“Prime Minister.” She looked towards her direction and nodded. “It’s good to see you’re doing well. It feels like I have not seen you for eternity.”

“We have been busy with state affairs, Your Excellency. It is but expected to not see each other often”, said Prime Minister Jung Hana while bowing. The Prime Minister is a woman of medium height and build. She almost resembles the Governor but she has black hair and tanner complexion.

The Governor then turned her attention to the man beside the Prime Minister. “Dr. Yoo Younjae. It’s good to see you outside your laboratories.” The doctor just smiled and bowed his head.

“General Kim Himchan. Colonel Moon Jongup.” The two military men saluted the Governor. “Jung Daehyun.” She turned her attention to the last person in the room. Daehyun bowed his head then smiled at her. “Please, take a seat.” She motioned the people to sit down and they obliged.

“You all know the reason for this meeting. Am I right?” She was answered with nods from the five people in front of her. “Project EARTH’s launching is fast approaching. We have decided to send you four to Earth. General Himchan will lead the team. Colonel Jonup will accompany the General and serve as his aide. Dr. Youngjae will collect and analyze data during your stay. Daehyun here, the head of Secret Service, will be my eyes and ears during this mission. Prime Minister Hana is here because she needs to report the details of our meeting with the ministers.”

“We already discussed the details of the mission. Why the need for another meeting?”  Youngjae asked the Governor. “This meeting is about the addition of a new member to team.” She then turned to Daehyun. “Send him in.” Daehyun got up from his seat and opened the door on the right. He motioned the person to come inside.

The person got up and entered the meeting room. As he entered the room, he was welcomed with gasps and surprised faces. Prime Minister Hana just covered in horror. General Himchan was quick to react.

“What is he doing here?!” He pointed at the man. “What is the meaning of this? Why is here? WHAT IS THAT MONSTER DOING HERE!!!”