Mission 3: Governor Hyosung

Project EARTH

Governor Hyosung is the supreme leader of Planet B1A4P224. She is intelligent and very charismatic. She has been dubbed by the people of this planet as “Savior”. After the Great War, the planet was faced with great challenges but with Governor Hyosung and the Ministry leading the people, we somehow managed to get through most of them.

Governor Hyosung was born on the 30th year of the Jo Yong Han Period, Governor Hyojin’s reign, to a family of merchants in a South Daelyug country. She has always been smart even as a child. She attended special schools for the gifted for her primary and secondary education. She then later moved to the Capital to attend Governor Changmin University majoring in Public Administration. She worked for the government after graduating from university. She then became an assistant to a minister before becoming one herself. She served in the Ministry as the Social Welfare Minister for almost 1300 years.

Governor Hyosung is a medium height woman with a medium build.  Her skin is pale it almost looks silvery. She has long, wavy purple hair that she’d been wearing for a long time now it’s become her trademark. Another striking feature of hers is her rare smile. Not a lot of people have seen her smile but she has a beautiful and gummy smile.

After her announcement that day, Governor Hyosung still has a lot of important matters to attend to. She entered her office and told her secretary to let the person waiting outside in. She got behind her desk and sat on her chair. She massaged her temples only to be interrupted when her guest came.

“Good morning Your Excellency!” The man greeted her with a salute and a wide smile.

“Take a seat and don’t call me ‘Your Excellency’, it’s annoying.” She said while motioning her right hand to the chair in front of her desk. Her guest nodded and took a seat.

“Have you done what I told you to do?” She asked in serious tone.

“Yes. But…” He hesitated then continued. “Are you sure that what you’re doing is right? I mean, the mission is already difficult. Won’t this make it more difficult?”

“I know what you’re saying; but no. I know what I’m doing. What we are about to do is dangerous that’s why we need that person. He may not be the best at following the rules but he does a good job at what he does.” The man was about to say something when Hyosung cut him off. “I know what I’m doing, Daehyun. Don’t you know that people are calling me their ‘savior’? Just trust me on this. Okay?” Then she genuinely smiled at him. Daehyun could do nothing but smile back.

“Of course. You know I trust you.” He then got up from his seat. “I’ll be taking my leave now.” He saluted the headed for the door.

“I’ll see later at the meeting. Don’t be late.”

“Yes, ma’am!” He said before finally leaving the room.

After Daehyun left, Hyosung continued to massage her temples for a couple of minutes. Feeling that her headache was getting better, she called her secretary.

“Can you bring me the minutes of the last ministry meeting? I need to review it. And a cup of hot tea would be much appreciated.” She told the secretary.

“Of course, You Excellency.” She bowed her head rather too low and left the room. Moments later, the secretary came back with the minutes and the cup of hot tea Hyosung much needed.

“I will not be disturbed for the rest of the day until my meeting later. Postpone my appointments for tomorrow and cancel my meeting with the Finance Minister. Also, before I forget, can you call the Prime Minister? Tell her that her presence is required in the meeting later.”

“Is that all, Your Excellency?”

Hyosung nodded and waved her off. Hyosung then sighed and felt her head throbbing again. She massaged her temples again and thought to herself, “This is going to be a long day.”