Mission 2: Planet B1A4A224

Project EARTH

Planet B1A4A224 is medium sized planet on the small S333655 Star System. The planet fifth and furthest from the central star, Planet B1A4A224 is the only planet in this star system that can support life. The planet’s surface is 85% land and 15% water; only 30% of the whole water resource is fit for consumption. Most of the land is connected forming one giant continent, Daelyug, in the middle with a few large and small islands around it.

The planet is now dying. With resources limited and energy exhausted, Planet B1A4A224 is now a brown planet. Only around 23% of the planet is covered with vegetation. 78% of which is for agriculture and the remaining is natural vegetation. The sky is now gray with a tinge of red. Clouds, fog and smoke are now impossible to differentiate from one another. The cities are overpopulated while the countries are deserted.

Everyone is wearing the standard white with gray and/or blue accent clothing issued by the government. These clothes are stain, dust and water resistant to make cleaning easy and efficient. Almost everyone wears the same items except for those who can afford costume –made luxury clothing.

With tight government intervention and policies, everything in the planet is now closely monitored; from family plans to education to careers to businesses and to just about everything. This close monitoring started 132 years ago during Governor Seungho’s reign when the energy crisis began. Even with this, the situation only got worse even until when Governor Hyosung took charge 63 years ago.

We are now in year 63 of the Beon Yeong Period, Governor Hyosung’s reign; 200 years after the war between the Central Government and the rebels of the North Daelyug. The Great War lasted for 45 years which resulted in the annihilation of the whole rebel population and the destruction of northern Daelyug territories. The war exhausted the resources of the planet and since then, energy has been depleted. With no ways to replenish our energy resource, there have been explorations on the planets of this star system but we have failed to find an adequate energy source. Soon we too have exhausted their resources. After years of research, the government has now found a stable and renewable energy from a planet on a far-away star system. According to the governor, in two lunar cycles, a manned space exploration will be conducted to further study and eventually acquire energy. The endeavor was called Project EARTH: Energy Acquisition on Remote Terrestrial Habitat.