Day 29 (Monday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“We can do pretty much as much as we want to,” Minseok told Luhan as he stood in the kitchen while preparing for tonight’s dinner. “Our ‘friend’ just can’t force us do something we don’t want to, unless it’s stated in the contract that we have to do it.”

Luhan nodded even though the other couldn’t see him, so he also made sure to hum. He looked at Minseok’s back that was working on whatever they were going to have for dinner. He didn’t really notice what they got to eat anymore since he was too enchanted in Minseok. Every time they ate a meal together he had to look at the other almost all the time. He wanted to make sure that he would remember exactly how the other looked while eating and drinking. Luhan had a small smile plastered to his lips every time they ate and made sure to always fill up Minseok’s glass with more water or any other kind of liquid they drank with their meal.

“The company is good to us,” Minseok said as he began chopping some vegetables on a chopping board. “We get a decent pay and the contract we signed with them is easy to break again. Or that’s what I’ve heard. I haven’t tried to get out of it and I’m not planning on doing it in the future either.”

Luhan hummed again, ignoring the urge to go to Minseok and wrap his arms loosely around the other’s waist and whisper sweet nothings in his ear, leaving a kiss here and there. He had to ignore the urge though, because he had to get an answer he wanted really badly.

“Can I ask a question about the contract I signed?” Luhan tried to ask as politely as possible. He got a ‘sure’ as reply.

“If someone wanted to extend the contract, what should be done?”

“Then you have to contact the company and ask for a renewal of the contract, but,” it had all sounded okay until Luhan heard the ‘but’. He’d somehow seen it come, not that he wanted to hear it, because buts usually weren’t good. “It has to be done before half of the agreed period has passed,” Minseok explained.

“Ah,” Luhan let out and nodded as his heart dropped. He was disappointed and he really didn’t want to feel disappointed over this. “I see.”

 

 


A/N: Look forward to Saturday! I'll do a double update~