Day 19 (Friday)

Friends with "Benefits"

 

“Don’t worry Yixing,” Minseok tried to calm the other down through the phone.

“It’s just… what if he you?” the other sounded concerned in the other end of the line. “Just promise me you’ll call me right away if he tries to do anything funny. I’ll take the next plane to China and come and get you.”

Minseok chuckled as he entered the airport. “I’ll take care of him if he tries anything funny, but to be honest Yixing; he doesn’t seem like the type to do such things.”

Luhan quickly came into Minseok’s view and Luhan immediately saw Minseok too. He waved briefly at Minseok and smiled. The latter waved back and approached the Chinese man while talking to his worried friend on the phone.

“Just don’t tell the company,” Minseok reminded the other. “Please Yixing. You know they’ll scold me for this.”

“Okay Minseok,” Yixing gave in pretty easily. Minseok had approached Luhan and they now exchanged shy smiles. “But don’t even hesitate to call me. I don’t like the thought about you two travelling together.”

“Thank you Yixing,” Minseok quickly responded and looked at Luhan who looked here and there but at Minseok. “Love you. See you when I get home.”

“Love you too,” Yixing said nonchalantly, but still with a slight trace of concern in his voice. “See you.”

And then he hung up. He quickly put the phone in his pocket and his attention went to Luhan. Luhan’s also went to the other.

“Who was that?” Luhan tried not to sound too jealous, but he couldn’t forget the two words Minseok had said to someone else. Love you. He had to admit that he was slightly jealous of the fact that the words weren’t directed at him.

“Oh,” Minseok looked embarrassedly down. “It was just my friend Yixing. He’s worried.”

Luhan nodded slowly and let it slide. Minseok had talked about Yixing before and as he said; it was his friend. So there was no need to feel jealous, Luhan constantly had to remind himself about. He felt so stupid for feeling jealous. ‘Stupid people fall in love and get jealous,’ Luhan kept telling himself.

“Shall we check in?” Luhan asked and looked over at the check-in spot.

“Sure,” Minseok slowly fixated his gaze on Luhan and grabbed his luggage.

When they went to stand in line, Luhan’s eyes went to Minseok. “I’m sorry for dragging you all the way to China.”

Minseok looked at Luhan. The only thing he saw was busy businessmen and women. “Don’t worry about that. I’ve always wanted to travel to China, so don’t think about it.”

 

“Business class?!” Minseok almost freaked out when he entered the business class section. “No Luhan, not business class. Can’t we switch to economy class?”

“Why do you want to downgrade our seats?” Luhan asked curiously and already put his hand luggage in the cabinets placed above the seats.

“Because I don’t fit business class. I’m a common person who’s used to crappy seats,” Minseok got pushed a little to the side so a man could get to his seat. Business class too, of course.

“What about this offer: We ride with business class now and when we go home again we’ll take economy class,” Luhan tried to get the other to sit down, because one of the stewardesses looked slightly annoyed at them.

Minseok pouted and pushed slightly to Luhan so he would get the window spot. “You’re indeed a businessman worthy the business seats.”

Luhan smiled pleased and sat down beside Minseok.

 

“Luhan, it’s been so long!” Luhan’s mother greeted her son with a warm and big hug. Of course she spoke Chinese, so Minseok understood nothing.

“My son,” Luhan’s father suddenly came down of the stairs. “Long time no see.”

Luhan also received a hug from his father.

Luhan quickly pushed himself away from both of them and went back to Minseok.

“Who’s that?” Luhan’s mother questioned in Chinese and Minseok understood that sentence.

He answered in his broken Chinese. “My name is Kim Minseok. I’m from South Korea. I’m 23 years old.”

And that was the Chinese Minseok could remember from his high school days. It wasn’t much, but it was better than nothing.

Luhan’s mother seemed amused and looked at the Korean boy. She then turned to her own son. “Just put your stuff upstairs. Dinner’s ready in a few minutes.”

Luhan nodded and switched to speak Korean to his companion. “We’ll just place our stuff in my room and then we’ll eat.”

Minseok nodded and bowed to the parents before following Luhan upstairs. He had his own small suitcase, since it was only for the weekend they’d stay there.

They got to Luhan’s room and placed their luggage on the floor. Luhan quickly found the big bed placed against a wall and dolphin-dived onto it. Minseok was more careful and sat down on the floor, using his luggage as backrest.

A pleased sound left Luhan and he sat up in a cross-legged position to look at Minseok on the floor. “It’s actually quite nice to be home again.”

Minseok smiled at the other who suddenly looked a lot younger than what he usually did. “Then it’s good you came.”

Luhan quickly got out of bed again and touched Minseok’s shoulder briefly. “Let’s get downstairs and get some food. I’m starving.”

And that was what they did and soon after the small family plus a friend were surrounded around the circle shaped table with a turntable in the middle with all different kinds of delicious Chinese food.

“Eat before it gets cold,” Luhan’s mother smiled as she said that and her eyes lingered a second or two longer at Minseok than on the two other men.

They ate in silence, Luhan quietly at the lovely homemade food he’d looked forward to for some while.

“Oh, Luhan,” his mother suddenly spoke up and got the attention from all of the people around the table. “We didn’t have time to set up an extra bed so…”

Luhan looked a little disappointed, but smiled anyway. “It’s okay. I know you’re busy with your jobs, so don’t worry. We’ll just sleep in the same bed then. We’re friends after all.”

The female parent smiled sadly at her son. “I’m sorry.”

Luhan smiled awkwardly back at her and continued eating.

Minseok looked from one to another and poked Luhan under the table so he would look at him. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing,” Luhan answered. “It’s just that they didn’t have time to set up another bed, so we’ll have to sleep in the same bed. I hope that’s okay?”

Minseok thought about it shortly and then nodded hesitantly. “I can’t really say no.”

And that sentence saddened Luhan quite a bit. It sounded like Minseok had no choice but to sleep with him. He didn’t want it that way, not at all.

 

 


A/N: Next update will be long, cute and yyyy :P Look forward to it~~ I guess xD