Smile Part 2

The American Girls 『JeTi One-Shot Collection』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Smile 

 

6 years later…

 

Time flew so fast, it had been 6 years right now. 6 years since she left me with such a misfortune life. I missed her so much to the point that I wanted to fly to California to meet her. But, I couldn’t. Even if I searched the entire world for her, it still couldn’t change the fact that she didn’t know me.

 

Nothing changed for the past 6 years. I was still the same, the cold and intimidating girl who was antisocial. I rarely smiled because there was no reason to do so. I was in college, studying so hard to achieve my dream which was to take over my late father’s company that was now under my uncle’s hand because my father went to the heaven, leaving me alone here in the very miserable and alienated world.

 

Right now, I was here at the airport for my summer vacation in Japan. My aunt suggested me to go on a vacation (even though I didn’t need one) because she thought I must have been stressed by my studies. I was always stressed but it was not because of my studies but I was stressed because the pain in my heart gave me a big burden. Every day, her smile flashed into my mind which got me tore up.

 

I tried to move on so many times but thing didn’t work as I expected it to be. I would never fall out of love with her. She occupied by mind almost 24 hours a day.

 

Out of sudden, I felt myself being bumped by a stranger. “Oh, I am so sorry.” That voice, I remembered it clearly. It was hers. I was in dazed that I looked at her without blinking my eyes. She looked extremely stunning. Her red hair stood out among the crowd. Her sweet strawberry scent could be smelled from the distance. Her face didn’t change. It was still the same flawless face that I fell for.

 

In a blink of eyes, she disappeared yet again. I didn’t follow her. It’s not like she remembered me if I did so. I let out a sigh and watched her walking among the crowd. Then reality hit me. She came back.

 

Throughout the vacation, the image of her bumping into me replayed in my mind. Time was so fast that I didn’t realize that it was time for me to go back to Korea. After stepping out of Incheon Airport, I decided to go to the park where I was able to relax my mind. I sat down on the bench with a cup of coffee I bought earlier. The weather was so beautiful today. It was not too hot yet too cold; it was perfect to walk around the city. Then she appeared on my mind again.

 

“Miss, may I sit here?” I heard her voice. Was it a dream? I slapped my cheek hard that I felt it was burning. I shook my head several times to come back to reality but I heard her voice again, “Miss?” Wait, or was it a reality?

 

I looked up and her. She was looking at me in concern, probably because I just did weird things earlier. I froze. I didn’t know what to do. She was right here next to me. “May I sit here? Because there is no more bench left.” She gav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter