The Way There

Twenty Five

3 hours had already passed and we were barely getting out of the hotel and into the van to head to the concert venue.

I wanted to catch up on some sleep so I decided to sit backseat and Hyoyeon took this chance to sit shotgun.

I'll troll her again next time HAHA I'm too funny. Okay, just kidding. Let's get some sleep before rehearsal Kim Taeyeon, you have a long day ahead of you. 

As soon as I closed my eyes, I could hear the other members giggling.

"Taeyeon-ah."

I turned to see Tiffany sitting right next to me. When did she get here? I thought she sat up front with Jessica and Yuri.

I couldn't help but think about what she said this morning. Flustered, I blushed and looked away nervously.

I looked around and the others were just staring blankly at me. Did I do something wrong? Was I being too obvious with Ppani?

"PUHAHAHA," Sunny burst out laughing. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM TAEYEON!"

"Happy birthday unni!" Seohyun chirped.

"Thanks for everything. Happy birthday, kiddo" Sooyoung said while hugging me from the side.

"Thanks for letting me sit in the front today HEHE happy birthday!" Hyoyeon waved from her seat.

"Yay yay yay! It's Taeyeon's birthday!" Yuri exclaimed...then proceeded to sing the birthday song. Oh, Yuri. I love you and your kkab weirdness.

"Happy birthday UNNEEE" Yoona squealed.

"Yah! I told you not to do aegyo. You sound like a little kid, Im Choding!" Jessica pouted while playfully trying to punch Yoona.

"Anyways, happy birthday Taeyeon-ah," She faintly smiled.

"Thank you so much. I don't know where I would be without you all. I know I don't express it much, but I love and cherish you all so much , I really do." I responded. 

They all smiled back at me, acknowledging and agreeing to everything that I had just said, and they went back to doing their own thing. 

I let out a contented sigh and turned to look at Tiffany. She simply smiled, took my hand, and intertwined my fingers between hers.

She soon fell asleep along with all the other members, except for Jessica. 

Why is it so awkward? Ugh, Jessica and I have been kind of distant lately. Nothing bad happened between us. She moved out of the dorm a while back and we've just been doing our own things that we never got time to bond properly. Okay, that's just an excuse Kim Taeyeon. Stop fooling yourself. 

"Taeyeon-ah."

Startled, I looked up to see Jessica looking back at me from her seat.

"Hmm?" I replied. 

Where is this conversation going? Sica-yah, I really don't want things to go bad for us again, like it did the last time we actually talked...

"I missed you," she sighed.

She missed me? Wow, I wasn't expecting that. Aigoo...come on, Taeyeon. Let it go and apologize. What happened in the past is the past. 

"... To be completely honest, I did too. Look, I'm sorry for what I did." I finally let out.

"No, it was all my fault and I'm really sorry." She replied. 

It wasn't her fault. Well, technically it was in a way, I guess. But I'm at fault too. If i just accepted her apology earlier, our relationship wouldn't have become this bad. I let too much time pass.

"No, I should have never treated you like that regardless of what you did that day. I don't know why but I always do this. I try and try to forget things but it's really difficult for me. Either way, I'm sorry. " I sighed. 

Please just accept my apology Sica... I really regret everything. Gosh, what's wrong with you, Kim Taeyeon? You could've accepted HER apology a long time ago but no, you didn't and now you're awkwardly distant from her. 

"Thanks... and I'm sorry too! So stop feeling bad and let's just put this past us. Okay?" Jessica asked.

"Eung.." I replied.

It was still awkward, but I felt that things were getting a little better. 

Whew, thank you Sica.