Backstage

Twenty Five

Oh my god.

I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. Oh, how I wished I wasn't so stubborn.

What could possibly go wrong if I just let her tease me? It's not like I'm going to do anything to her in front of everyone. The entire world is watching.

No, Kim Taeyeon. You're falling for her tricks again. Think. You're probably going to end up doing something that you may regret.

Focus on the concert. Focus on the fans. Stay strong. You can do it. Aja aja fighting!

I glanced over and simply smirked at her.  She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration after seeing my response.

To her, I seemed totally unphazed by her actions - perfectly fine regardless of her endless attempts. This angered her so much and I could see it in her eyes.

Hehe, that's what you get Ppani-ah for starting this stupid game. Joke's on you babo.

"Unni."

"Hm?" I turned around to see our Maknae fidgeting with her mic. 

"Can you help me with this?" She politely requested.

"Of course," I replied as I untangled the wires and set the mic properly in place. 

"Thank you!" She gave me a quick hug and started skipping backstage, laughing obnoxiously, with Yoona. Ahew, kids. 

I turned back around to see only a few staff members making final adjustments to the stage. Tiffany was gone. And so were the other members. 

Where is everyone? Why did Ppani just leave me? Wait.. maybe she gave up after seeing just how determined I was..

YES! I did it. I can't believe it but I actually did it. I resisted Ppani - the only person who can ever make me feel weak. At least, she won't torture me anymore.

Aigoo, I can finally focus on my performance. Whew, good job, Kim Taeyeon. Take a nice, long bath tonight after the concert. You deserve it, heh. 

"You should get off the stage before the fans start coming. They're allowed entrance in 1 minute."

"Okay, but can you let them know that we'll be greeting them soon and that we're really excited to see them?" I exclaimed as I quickly made my way backstage. 

"Yes, of course!"

I made sure to hear their response before entering the waiting room. 

"I love the staff here. They're always so friendly," I remarked as I grabbed a piece of kimbab and popped it into my mouth.

Food always tasted the best right before a performance. I don't know why, it just did. 

"How would you know? Do you even communicate with them properly?" Sooyoung laughed. 

"Yes, I do! I just had a full conversation with them before coming in here to join you guys. Why'd you all leave me alone?" I whined.

"Pft, how much have you been studying Japanese these days, huh Taeyeon?" Sooyoung nudged. 

"I don't need to know Japanese to talk to them. I can talk to them in Englishhhh~" I bragged.

"Sure sure whatever. If it wasn't for Tiffany, who was so patient with you in teaching you proper English, you would be so helpless AHAHA" she burst out laughing as she walked away towards the table of food. 

"Wait, you never answered my question! Why'd you all leave me?!" I complained. 

"Stop complaining. You're 25 now and you're still acting like a little kid," Sunny responded while struggling with her candy wrapper.

"Aish, fine." I replied.

Maybe I am being childish. But look at you, Soonkyu, still eating candy like a little baby.

Wait, I still eat jelly, and lots of it. Hehe, never mind, forget it Taeyeon, you're thinking too much right now. 

I grabbed another piece of kimbab and washed it down with some water before laying on the couch to get some rest with the few minutes that we had left. 

"Wait, where's Tiffany? Isn't she hungry?" I jumped up.

"Why do you have so many questions? Haha go to sleep," Yuri replied while pushing me back down onto the couch.

"Why are you pushing her?" Jessica grabbed Yuri by the arm. 

"Ow! Stop, it hurts! Our Sica is sooo strong~" Yuri jokingly teased. 

"Oh, you're in for it now. Follow me." Jessica took her by the arm and walked out the door, oblivious to the fact that we all knew she wasn't really mad. She was just looking for an excuse to get some alone time with Yuri and it was blatantly obvious. 

I laid back down on the couch and closed my eyes. I could finally get some rest. 

Lucky Yuri. God, I miss Ppani.

"Wake up! It's time to go!" 

Startled, I jumped up and started fixing my hair and makeup as fast as I could.

"We'll wait for you outside!" The members exclaimed while rushing out the door.

After doing a final check, I stood up from my seat only to see a familiar face in the reflection of the mirror.

"Where were you this whole time? Did you eat? Aren't you hungr-"

Before I could finish, she spun me around and kissed me slightly on my cheek.

Flushed with embarassment, I turned away only to be grasped tightly from behind. I could feel her warm breath against my ear as she whispered,

"I'm sorry. I was busy, I didn't eat, I'm not hungry, and no, I'm not done with you."

Damn it.

"Let's go girls!" A staff member called. 

I ran out and she quickly followed me. We joined the other girls on stage, gathered our hands together, and yelled our team motto. 

Forever SNSD. No matter how many times we say it, I really like this part the most. Every single time hehe.

There was a moment of silence and the lights finally . The crowd went wild and we all knew, right then and there, that this is where we belong.

Girls' Generation, it's time to shine.