Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Suddenly



2NE1 and 2PM were gathered in the girls' apartment. We were planning on having a small dinner tonight to celebrate the unexpected success and blessings we've achieved here in Japan.

CL and Taec were on top of things. Each of the members was given his or her own assignment and role in making the dinner a success.

Bom and Junsu were assigned to do the preparation of the ingredients to be cooked.

Minji, Chansung and Junho were tasked to make the table arrangement and clean the dishes.

CL and Taec would be responsible for cooking the food.

Dara and I, being the official grocery pointpersons, were obviously assigned to buy the ingredients. Woo requested to tag along with us. Since CL and Taec couldn't find any more task to assign to Woo, they agreed immediately.



--------------------------------




We left for the supermarket as the others were starting their preparation for the dinner. I suddenly felt excited.

"Hey, Khun!" Woo nudged me. "Why are you so giddy?" He asked while we were inside the van. Dara looked at me curiously.

"Aniyo!" I waved my hands at them. "It's just that it's my first time organizing something like this." I answered with a bright smile.

Woo snickered. "What organizing something you're talking about? You're just buying the ingredients." He teased me. Dara joined in.

"Hey!" Dara exclaimed. "Don't forget that he's also the one driving the van." She teased as well, laughing with Woo. I threw a pillow at them while laughing at my own expense.

"Do the two of you plan to walk your way home?" I asked, in a serious tone. Dara turned to Woo.

"Ya! You're the one who's not doing anything! CL-roo and Taeckie had a hard time looking for a task for you." She . Woo acted hurt.

"Noona! How could you say I'm useless?" He said, his voice filled with hurt. He then reached for a tissue, tore it in half and placed it underneath his eyes, imitating tears rolling down the cheeks. Dara's eyes flickered in recognition.

"Ya! Don't copy me!" Dara exclaimed, pertaining to her me2day update that showed her having two tissue imitating tears. She slapped his arm as Woo broke into fits of laughter.

I watched them from the rearview mirror and laughed along with them. It made me happy to see my best friend giddy like a little boy playing with his crush. 

But a nagging feeling kept on coming back to me, again and again.

It was as if I wanted to be in Woo's shoes at the moment, laughing and being giddy like a little boy playing with his crush.




-----------------------------------------------------




It took us thirty minutes to reach our destination. I sighed in relief seeing that there were just a few shoppers in the supermarket at the moment.

Khun Khun pulled a shopping cart and motioned for me to lead the way. I took out the list of ingredients from my jean pocket and quickly ran through it, taking note of where to find each item. Wooyoungie followed us but seemed to be in a world of his own, looking at every item in the racks we were able to pass.

We first went to the condiments section. We took all the we needed and scolded Wooyoungie every once and awhile.

Next stop was the fruits and vegetable section. I found out that Khun Khun actually enjoyed picking fruits and vegies. He shared with me that he used to watched the harvesting of fruits and vegetables in their countryside when he was a kid.

We also stopped by the section for the drinks. We were faced with a wide selection of juices and sodas. I started assessing what my groupmates would like. Wooyoungie left us to get some plastic cups which gave us time to talk to each other.

"So what do you think?" I turned to him, deciding to make him to do the choosing. That way I won't get blamed. Kkkkk. 

"Gee, Dara noona." He started. "Ladies first." He answered with a wink.

Hmmm. I think he got me there. I made a mental note of what CL-roo, Bommie and Lil Minji love drinking. He did the same for s.

It took us fifteen minutes going back and forth from Coke, Pepsi, mango juice, orange, rootbeer then back to Coke, Pepsi, etc.

We were both holding a litre of rootbeer, still undecided whether we'll include in our cart, when Wooyoungie came back with the cups.

He looked at both of our hands when they suddenly touched each other while trying to return the litre of rootbeer. He was still staring at us when his mobile phone rang.

"Yoboseyo?" He answered his phone. "Sajangnim!" He exclaimed. Khun Khun shot him a curious look. "Neh neh." Wooyoungie turned to us and covered his phone's receiver with his hand. "Sajangnim wanted to talk to me regarding 'Dream High'. You guys go ahead without me." With that, he turned around and exited the supermarket.

We were left standing in the middle of the supermarket, conscious that our hands touched again, this time for a few seconds.




--------------------------------------




Junsu was getting impatient from waiting for Nichkhun and Dara. He was pacing back and forth, occasionally glancing at his watch. Bom was watching him pace back and forth.

"Panda!" Bom exclaimed. "Why don't you sit still and watch TV instead? You're making me daze, aigoo!" She added, covering her forehead with her hand in an exaggerated manner. Junsu's eyes lit up upon hearing Bom's comment.

"Noona, tell me." He said excitedly. "Were you watching me this whole time?" He asked, leaning forward. Bom immediately turned red.

"Pabo!" She exclaimed, throwing a pillow at him. She giggled when the pillow landed smack on his face. "Serves you right, panda." She laughed and started running when she saw Junsu aiming a bigger pillow at her. They ran around like little kids.

Minji and Junho were at the other side of the living room, trying out 2PM's new dance move. Junho was so energetic teaching Minji the dance. Minji, being the good student that she is, observed quietly and occasionally asked questions. They tried out the dance move and high-fived each other when Minji, after a few unsuccesful tries, managed to perfect the dance.

"Ya, Minji!" Junho exclaimed after they high-fived. "You're a monster!" He added, looking shocked. "Do you know how long it took for us to master that dance?" He asked her. Minji just shrugged her shoulder coolly.

"That?" She asked. "That was nothing, really. I didn't even break a sweat." She joked. Junho lightly punched her shoulder.

"Ya, Gong Minji!" Junho exclaimed. "If that was nothing, why don't you teach me a complicated dance move and let's see how fast I'd get it." He challenged. Minji broke into an evil grin.

"Arasso!" She accepted. 

With that, the greatest dance battle began.

CL, Taecyeon and Chansung were seated by the couch, watching Hana Yori Dango re-run. Cl heard Taecyeon sniffed and turned to face him.

"Haaaysst! Are you crying?" She asked him, her voice unbelieving. Taecyeon shook his head.

"Aniyo! A dust entered my eyes." He answered. Chansung snickered.

"He's definitely crying. That is his favorite scene in the series. Softie." Chansung busted him. Taecyeon slapped his friend's arm.

"What's wrong with liking this series. It's actually very good!" Taecyeon defended his favorite TV series. 

CL looked at both of them and sighed. Boys. She thought with a smile. Just then, she heard a knock on the door. 

"I'll get that!" She called out to the group who was still busy with their own activities.

She opened the door and saw five pairs of shoes standing outside their apartment. She curiously looked up to see who the shoes belonged to. 

"KYAAAAAA!"




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Big Bang stood in the middle of the living room, looking out of place. 

2NE1 and 2PM all looked at them as if they were aliens sent from outer space.

"Wow!" Bom exclaimed. "They're really here." She said under her breath, amazed that such a predicament can happen.

Minji poked Seungri's arm. "Yes, they're here in the flesh!" She added, smiling brightly.

CL crossed her arms. "Ya! What are you guys doing here? I thought you were busy with promotions for your digital single?" She asked, eyeing each one of them with suspicion. Her gaze fell on Seungri and the slit in her eyes got smaller.

"Sajangnim gave us a week for vacation so we decided to come here." Seungri answered her. CL raised an eyebrow.

"Why here?" She asked. Seungri scratched his head.

"Why not here? Japan is a beautiful place and..." Seungri was cut by Seung Hyun.

"What Seungri was saying is that we're here to check on you." Bom looked at him which made him uncomfortable. "Of course by the order of sajangnim." He added tentatively.

CL turned to Daesung who was quiet, hiding behind Youngbae. "Is that true?" Daesung gave an awkward smile.

"Ah, of course!" He answered, widening his smile. He suddenly looked like Doraemon. "Why whould we lie, right? Right, Youngbae?" He turned to Youngbae, the most trustworthy in the group. He just shrugged despite Daesung's plea of help. CL looked at Jiyong.

"Did you really come here because of an order by sajangnim, Jiyong oppa?" CL asked, leader to leader. Jiyong nodded.

"He was worried that he's not able to look after you that's why they sent us." He added, nonchalantly. 

CL was about to say something more when he heard the door opening and a loud laughter followed. Crap. That was all CL could think of.

"Ya, Khun Khun! Why must you be a pabo?!" Dara teased Nichkhun who was laughing uncontrollably. She slapped his arms continuously while laughing.

It took Dara a few more seconds to realize that she was standing face to face with the man who broke her heart. Her laughter and smile faded as her eyes stared at the man she left in Korea who was suddenly standing in front of her, looking deep into her eyes. Seeing only Jiyong, she didn't realize that her grip on Nichkhun's arm tightened, like the pain she was feeling in her heart.