Glass of milk

Soshi one-shots

Second chapter! ^^


One day, a poor girl who was selling goods from door to door to pay her way through school, found she had no money left, and she was hungry.

She decided she would ask for a meal at the next house. However, she lost his nerve when a lovely girl opened the door. Instead of a meal she asked for a drink of water. 

The girl thought she looked hungry so she brought her a large glass of milk. She drank it slowly, and then asked,  "How much do I owe you?"

"You don't owe me anything," she replied "Mother has taught us never to accept payment for a kindness."

She said...  "Then I thank you from my heart."

Just as she turned to leave, the girl inside pulled on her sleve, stopping her.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Taeyeon" the poor girl replied, wondering why this pretty girl would ask for her name.

"My name is Miyoung but my friends call me Tiffany. Good luck in your future!" Tiffany flashed her a bliding eye-smile.

As Taeyeon left that house, she not only felt stronger physically, but she also knew that she had fallen in love at first sight with this girl's kindness, and made a note in mind to repay her in the future if she have the chance.

Years later Tiffany became critically ill. The local doctors were baffled. They finally sent her to the big city, where they called in specialists to study her rare disease. Dr. Kim Taeyeon was called in for the consultation.

When Taeyeon heard the name of the town where that girl, Tiffany came from, a strange light filled her eyes. Immediately she rose and went down the hall of the hospital to her room. Dressed in her doctor's gown Taeyeon went in to see her.

She recognized her at once. Taeyeon went back to the consultation room determined to do her best to save her savior's life. From that day she gave special attention to the case. After a long struggle, the battle was won. Dr. Kim requested the business office to pass the final bill to her for approval.

Taeyeon looked at it, then wrote something on the edge and the bill was sent to Tiffany's room.

Tiffany feared to open it, for she was sure it would take the rest of her life to pay for it all. Finally, she looked, and something caught her attention on the side as she read these words......

" Paid in full with one glass of milk."  (Signed) Dr. Kim Taeyeon.

Tears of joy came and her eyes caught onto another line of smaller writing under those words.

"And a date maybe? ^^"


Hope you liked it~

Comment plzz... (I'm a closet comment mania!!! MWUAHAHAHH XD)