Chapter Three

Found You [ON HIATUS]

 

That night you cooked dinner…

“I don’t know what to make…” You sighed in frustration.

Then Yoochun suddenly appeared, he opened the fridge to get water, you asked him,

“Uhm, what do you want to eat?”

“I don’t know.” He simply replied.

“You need to tell me. I don’t know what to cook.” You said.

“Anything.” Yoochun said. You sighed again.

He started walking, then he said, “Chicken.”

You smiled hearing him reply. Now you know what to make.

Yoochun glanced back at you, he was standing there just observing you. When suddenly Yoorin poked him.

“Oppa, what are you doing?”

Yoochun’s face flustered in surprise. “N-nothing.” He stuttered.

“Yah, are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Yoochun answered before walking away.

“----------ah, do you need help?” Yoorin asked.

“No. It’s okay, I’m doing this to repay your kindness.”

“Okay, then. Just call me if you need something.”

…Soon after that the food was ready…

“Wow, this is really good. What do you think oppa?” Yoorin asked.

Yoochun just nodded. You smiled. You looked around…

*I usually eat with my brother like this… I miss him so much.* You silently ate your food.

Yoochun glanced at you. *Why is she sad again?*

You in the living room, holding your phone tightly, you know your brother will call soon. But, after waiting for another 30 minutes you didn’t receive any call. You decided to call him instead. You dialed the number but no one was picking up, you tried up to five times but nobody was answering. You were about to cry… *He said he would call me often.*

“Why are you crying?” You heard someone asked. You looked up and saw Yoochun.

You quickly wiped your tears away.

“Are you okay?” Yoochun asked again.

“Yes.” You replied with an obvious lie.

“Really? Why were you crying then?”

You just looked down.

“It’s fine, I know you miss your family.”

You looked at him. *The first time Park Yoochun ever showed me his concern.*

Your lips formed a weak smile. “Thank you.” You said.

*Wait, why do I care anyway?* Yoochun thought.

You don’t know why, but you feel a little closer to Yoochun that night.

The next day you and Jiyeon were having a hard time…

“What the heck is your problem?!” One of the girls shouted at Jiyeon.

“I should ask you that… what the heck is your problem?!” Jiyeon shouted back.

“Excuse me… but did we do something wrong? What’s the problem?” You said.

“Yes, you did something wrong!” The other girl shot back at you.

The girls around you and Jiyeon are shooting death glares at the two of you.

“What’s with the crowd over there?” Changmin asked as he and the others passed by.

“A fight?” Junsu said.

Yoochun just walked but he suddenly stopped when he heard someone’s voice…

“What’s the problem?” You asked again.

“YOU!” The girl said as she pushed you hard down the floor.

“Ahh.” You groaned in pain.

“Hey! Aren’t you too much already?” Jiyeon said to the girl who pushed you.

Jiyeon bent down beside you, “---------ah, you okay?” She asked.

“Yah, hyung, isn’t that Jiyeon-ssi and ----------?” Changmin said.

“What’s going on?” Junsu asked too.

Yoochun suddenly looked at you, alarmed.

Jiyeon helped you up. “You didn’t have to go that far, you can’t just use violence.” Jiyeon said to the girl.

You grabbed Jiyeon’s arm, “It’s okay.” You whispered.

“We can talk about this properly, tell us what’s wrong.” You said again.

“Yeah, tell us what your problem with us is.” Jiyeon demanded.

“You are the problem here, .” The girl shot back.

You are not used to words like that, especially when other people use it against your friends.

“How dare you say that to my friend?” You raised your voice.

“And how dare you raise your voice at me?!” The girl said raising his hand to slap you.

Jiyeon gasped, your eyes widen in shock, when suddenly someone grabbed the girl’s wrist.

You looked up… “Park Yoochun.” You whispered.

The girls gasped. Yoochun shot the girl a deadly look, he threw the girl’s hand away, while you just looked at him surprised, shocked and speechless you just stared at him, wide eyed.

“She already said that you can talk about this properly, but you still dared use violence on her.” Junsu said.

Jiyeon was speechless too. Yoochun didn’t say anything.

“Yeah, you can’t do that to our friends.” Changmin said.

“Friends?!” The girls chorused in shock. You and Jiyeon were shocked too.

“Yeah, they’re our friends, so don’t mess with them, okay?” Junsu said in a nice way.

“But oppa… they hate you.” The other girl said.

“They do?” Changmin turned to Jiyeon. “Do you hate us?” He asked.

“We don’t.” Jiyeon said.

“See. They don’t hate us at all.” Changmin said.

“Be good to them, okay? Because they’re our friends, treat them good.” Junsu said.

“If we see you doing this again, we won’t let you off.” Changmin warned them all.

After that everybody slowly left, the crowd in the hallway finally disappeared.

“I shouldn’t have said anything. They were so noisy and it’s getting on my nerves.”

You lightly punched her arm. “I told you already. Just let them be.” You said.

You looked at Yoochun, “Thank you.” You said. Yoochun just looked at you in response.

*Why did I even do that?* Yoochun thought.

“Let’s go.” Jiyeon said to you.

“Wait.” Changmin blocked your path.

“What now?” Jiyeon asked.

“Eat lunch with us.”

“Why?” Jiyeon asked again.

“Why? Aren’t we friends now?” Junsu said.

“Friends? Since when?” Jiyeon shot back.

“Since… like a few minutes ago.”

“Who said so?”

“I did.” Junsu said.

“Was that for real?” You asked.

“Yes. We’re asking you to be our friend officially.” Junsu said.

“Forget it. I don’t want to face any more troubles.” Jiyeon said.

“You don’t need to worry about that. Those girls won’t mess with you anymore.” Changmin said.

“How can you be so sure?” Jiyeon asked.

“Those girls won’t go against us, they’ll be good to you from now on.” Changmin replied.

“But, why do you want us to be your friends? There are many people out there, chasing after you guys.” Jiyeon stated.

“That’s why.” Yoochun finally spoke.

“What do you mean?” You asked him.

“We don’t like those people chasing after us. They just want fame, popularity, attention, that’s why they want to be with us. We don’t like those kinds of friends.” Junsu stated.

“That’s why we stick together like this, because we don’t have anyone else… but each other.” Changmin said.

“I see. Okay, I’ll be your friend then.” You said.

“Seriously?” Changmin asked, excitedly.

You nodded. “You too Jiyeon, right?” You asked your friend.

“Fine. Whatever.” She simply said.

“So, from now on.. we’re friends, okay?” Changmin said excitedly again.

“Okay.” You replied.

“-----------ah, you’re really good.” Junsu said.

You and Jiyeon soon became close to them…

“Can you eat slower? You might get indigestion.” Jiyeon said to Changmin.

“Don’t worry about him, it’s his nature.” Junsu said.

“Thank you.” You said to Yoochun again.

Yoochun looked at you. “For what?” He asked.

“For earlier.”

“You thanked me already.”

“I just want to say it again.” You smiled at him. Yoochun just looked away. You looked at him curiously.

“Yoochun hyung, if you’re not gonna eat that, give it to me.” Changmin said.

“Yah! Didn’t you have enough already?” Jiyeon said.

“I’m still hungry.” Changmin whined.

Yoochun laughed, as he pushed his plate to Changmin.

*The first time I saw him laugh, is now.* You thought, smiling.

When Yoochun unexpectedly turned his gaze to you, he saw you smiling. He smiled back.

*He… smiled back at me, he’s still smiling at me right now.* You said inside your head.

“Why do you keep on smiling at me?” Yoochun suddenly asked.

The others turned their heads at you… You immediately looked away, blushing.

It’s been two weeks since you lived with the Parks, you noticed also that you become closer and closer every day.

“Dad and mom left us again.” Yoorin said with a sigh.

“Where did your parents go?” You asked.

“They’re out of the country, as usual. We’re used to it though.” Yoorin said.

“Me too.” You replied.

Later that night you decided to take a stroll in their garden.

“I miss mom and dad, I wonder how they’re doing.” You whispered as you stare at the stars in the sky.

“What are you doing there?” You heard someone ask. You turned around and saw Yoochun.

“Uhm, I was just…” Then your gaze turned to the cute thing beside him. “Wow!” You exclaimed.

Yoochun looked at you curiously. You approached the dog beside him.

“It’s so cute, is this your dog?” You asked while playing with the dog.

“Yes.” Yoochun replied.

“It’s so cute.” You said again.

You heard Yoochun chuckle. You suddenly stood up.

“Are you gonna walk him?” You asked.

“Since I can’t do it in the morning, I do it at night.”

“Outside?” You asked.

“No, just here.”

You decided to play a joke with him a little.

“Who gave you this dog?” You asked.

“My father.” Yoochun replied.

“What’s it’s name?” You asked again.

“Micky.” Yoochun simply replied.

“Oh.” You looked at the dog then Yoochun, then again.

“Why?” Yoochun asked.

“You know what… you kinda look like your dog.” You joked.

“What?”

You laughed.

“It’s not that funny you know.” Yoochun said.

“I know. I just want to laugh.” You replied.

“Why? Are you sad again?” Yoochun asked.

“Am I that predictable?”

Yoochun nodded.

You and him sat near the pool.

“I thought you said you’re used to your parents leaving every time.” Yoochun said.

“I am, but of course I feel sad too. Why? You don’t?”

“We can’t do anything about it, that’s what they do.”

“I just hope my brother will come back.” You blurted. You looked at the clear water in the pool.

Yoochun stared at your face for a while. You looked at Yoochun’s reflection and noticed him staring at you.

*Why is he staring at me?* You thought.

Yoochun felt weird, his heart started to beat faster, then he suddenly stood up. You looked at him, startled.

“It’s late… I think we should go inside.” Yoochun blurted.

“Okay.” You said, but as you stood up, you accidentally slipped.

Thanks to Yoochun’s fast reflexes, he grabbed your arm before you fell into the pool.

Yoochun immediately removed his hold from you.

“Y-you need to be more careful.” He said.

“I’m sorry.. and thanks.” You replied.

Yoochun started walking into the house, and you followed him silently.

Suddenly he stopped walking without you noticing, you continued to walk…

*What the hell was that?* Yoochun thought as he placed one of his hands on his chest.

Then he felt something hit his back, which distracted him from his thoughts. He looked back and without him knowing how close you were, your faces were only inches apart.

Your eyes widen in shock, you blushed.

Yoochun immediately backed away.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. Why did you stop walking?”

“It’s fine.” Yoochun simply said, then he quickly walked into the house.

“That was really weird.” You whispered to yourself.