The Promise… For Revenge

A Maid's Heart

You smiled and placed your hand gently on top of his. "I'd love to"

 

Jonghyun returned your smile and held your hand securely. "Shall we?" he asked and led you into the Serenity once more. As soon as the receptionist saw you, he immediately grabbed the phone and was about to dial in the number for security when Jonghyun cleared his throat and explained that the girl was okay.

 

The receptionist slowly placed the phone down and stared at the two of you. "Also," Jonghyun added, "Whenever you see this girl whether she forgot her keys or anything, please let her in. She's with me" he said smoothly. Well, that was enough to get the receptionist to stop eyeing you and get back to looking at the computer screen. And.. Make you feel like jelly.

 

*I'm with Jonghyun..? Kekekekekeke*

 

After you got in the pristine elevator, you breathed out heavily. "Whew! I thought I'd never get past him. Gomawo!" you beamed. Jonghyun stared at your face and the edge of his mouth started to rise up. You gave him a worried look. "Why what's wrong? My hair resembles that of a bird's nest?" and you awkwardly touched your hair.

 

Jonghyun snapped out of his trance and furiously objected. "No, no! I was just looking at….."

 

*At how sweet your smile is….*

 

"How the wall is so… so…. SHINY!"

 

Turning around, you looked at the walls and saw the reflection of you two like a mirror. "Wow, must be polished often" you agreed. Jonghyun smiled and nodded. *Yeah…*

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Arriving at the door to the SHINee house, your hands began to sweat and you could hear the pounding of your pulse ringing in your ears. *My, GOD! I'm so scared. How am I supposed to face Sungmin-ssi now? Urghh….. I'm screwed T.T* All of a sudden your stomach was queasy and you felt as if you needed to go to the bathroom.

 

But Jonghyun seemed to sense your nervousness and clutched your hand. "Don't worry ~~~~~. I won't let anything happen to you this time around. I promise" and he held up his pinkie. Smiling, you wrapped your pinkie around his and sealed the promise of protection with a stamp of the thumbs. The two of you breathed in deeply as Jonghyun opened the door, and walked in together.

 

When you walked in, the members' expressionless faces turned into smiles as they rushed up to you and had a mini-celebration. "You're back? For real this time? I was really worried" exclaimed Onew.

 

"You really had me frightened. Please don't run away like that again" said Minho.

 

"~~~~~ is back? Yayyyy!" shouted Taemin.

 

"She came back? Why?!" cried Key, pretending to cry.

 

You shot Key a dirty look and he looked away as if he didn't say anything. However, once your attention was off of him, he grinned and did an inner fist pump. *I knew she'd come back. If Jonghyun didn't do anything… maybe I would've.. done.. something *

 

Despite the happy atmosphere  floating around, it was soon brought down by a storm as the almighty Sungmin-ssi came stomping  towards you. You could literally feel the floor shake. He'll do a great job in scaring the life outta people with his two natural disasters.

 

He looked at you and you've never felt so much hate being emitted from a person. "Well, I'm back. And this time, I'm not going anywhere" you stated. Sungmin-ssi only grinned and you noticed several brown teeth popping up here and there. *He needs a serious dental treatment before it gets any uglier….* Ever since he had mistreated you, all that respect you had towards him was on a one-way trip to Pluto.

 

"Did I not make myself clear the last time we spoke? Or do I need to get it through your thick head again?" and he clutched your shoulders, squeezing the flesh and bone together. You flinched and lifted your hands to release his grip but Onew stepped forward and threw his manager's arms towards the air and stepped in between you two as a human shield - much to Sungmin-ssi's surprise.

 

At first, Sungmin-ssi was just speechless but soon his face became that of the Joker's - evil and creepy, topped with that famous grin. "So you're on her side, is that what you're implying?" he growled. Onew straightened his back and stepped backwards (pushing you back in the process) to further the distance.

 

"I'm always on her side. Everyone here is. You have the right to be angry but not enough to reach out and hurt ~~~~~. She's special to us and will always be. You are not getting rid of her, no one will. ~~~~~ is staying for good whether you like it or not" Onew argued.

 

From this, the manager went finally broke and threw his hands up in the air. "So this is what you think hey? This is what you intend to do? Fine. But, the price you pay for this… Yeah, maybe I should do that. Terminate your contract. That sounds about right doesn't it? You won't see those fans anymore and I can just make up a fake but terrible excuse. One night stand? Fraud? Take your pick" Sungmin-ssi poked Onew in the shoulder and it got more violent with every move.

 

Taemin stepped forward and gripped his manager hyung's hands. "You may be the manager but that gives you no right to treat my hyung like that" he said firmly. Sungmin-ssi took a few steps back and the blood rose into his face, turning it red in a matter of seconds.

 

"You spoilt brats… You would choose her over me?! Did you forget that I was the one who took up the job to be your manager? I was the one who sorted out your schedule, I was the one who set up the interviews, I was the one who take full responsibility of everything and only left you guys with the things that involved simple smiling, singing and dancing. Most importantly, I was the one who made you into the Hallyu idols you are today!" screamed Sungmin-ssi.

 

He pointed to you and scoffed. "But because of this silly girl… You would make my efforts go to waste?! She is a maid! Her job is to clean and cook! But you would place me aside and allow her in? Unbelievable!" He turned to Minho and Key. "You two, I'm sure you know who is the victim here. Lets get out of here and start another band with just the two of you and I'll manage. You'll be even more famous than SHINee has even been!" he bribed.

 

But Minho walked over and put his arm around your shoulder. "Mianhae, hyung. But I'm not going anywhere. Especially not a place where ~~~~~ is not. You should be the one leaving. I believe the door is that way." The manager widened his eyes in anger and turned his head slowly to Key.

 

"Key…. I've known the fact that you've hated the girl from the beginning. Forget these idiots and we'll leave. I'll figure out a way to ask a producer for brand new single. I'll make you into someone that K-Pop has never had before. The car is downstairs. Wait for me at the entrance" and Sungmin-ssi started to walked away jingling his car key in his hand when Key replied.

 

"No."

 

He slowly nudged over and hovered his hand over your head to pat it.

 

When he decided to punch you instead and you returned his "present" with a dirty look.

 

"Sorry for the trouble we're causing you but, no one will ever separate me from my family. Not even you" he said.

 

At that moment, you though he was quite cool. If he didn't punch you in the head. Turning, you were worried that the manager would abuse the members again when he finally backed off and turned towards to door. "Okay, fine. I'll leave you rubbish to rot here. But mark my words. I will get you back for this" he whispered and slammed the door.

 

Silence seeped in unwelcomed and everyone stood in their original positions, not daring to move.

 

"So…. What now?" Taemin asked, obviously worried.

 

But apparently, everyone was thinking the same thing:

 

I don't know…

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yaaay! An upload!

 

You know, I've been reading other people's fanfics (cause the AFF community is AH-MAZING) and I can really tell the difference between the awesome (them) and the amateur (me only). I wonder how they make their stories… flow so well. Like even though there is a full stop, the sentences are like some song that go so well~~ And mine are broken up sentences… :D

 

I'll work even harder and with you guys, I know the sky's the limit!

 

I hope you guys are enjoying the beautiful day (or night for me) right now~ <3