Wannabe Fugitive

A Maid's Heart

"How could this have happened?!"

 

Your breathing fastened as you prepared yourself for the worst. *This has got to be one of the most awful things that has happened in my life!*

 

Sitting on the sofa between Jonghyun and Taemin, SHINee's manager Sungmin was shouting at you three, his face turning into deeper shades of red every minute. Once the scandal got out, Sungmin immediately rang and called you back home to discuss the serious issue at hand. Thank goodness the taxi driver didn't recognise anyone because his taste was in pansori rather than K-POP.

 

You sneaked a look sideways, to see Onew, Key and Minho standing in a corner watching the three of you get shouted at. Surprisingly, you noticed that Key wasn't smirking and looked pitifully at his fellow members. Sungmin's voice suddenly seemed to drown out as you reflected on your actions within the past few hours. Then, you realised that you couldn't let the oppas take anymore scoldings and abruptly stood up.

 

Taemin and Jonghyun looked at you in shock, as it seemed like you were rebelling or something. "Yes, ~~~~~-ssi…? Do you have something to say since you've so rudely interrupted me?!" Sungmin growled. The nice and gentle Sungmin that had hired you in the past wasn't to be seen anywhere but instead replaced with a hissing, dangerous tie-wearing snake that was in need of serious anger-management.

 

"It…. It's not the oppas' fault! I was the one who agreed to go. If I had declined their offer, then none of this would've happened! Please, if you are going to get angry at anyone then it should be me. And if firing me would solve this matter then please do so… Just, don't be angry at the oppas anymore..." Your voice drifted off as you said the last sentence. Realising what you said, tears started making their way to your eyes because today may be the last time you get to be with SHINee.

 

Sungmin scoffed and could not believe the situation.  "You, ~~~~~-ssi? Woah, I seriously didn't see this coming. So this whole scandal arised from..." He pointed his finger towards your direction. "…the maid?"

 

Gritting your teeth, you made your head fall down, and back up again. You looked at Sungmin through your drooping hair, feeling as if your hair was a protective barrier between yourself and the mad manager.

 

You could see Sungmin open his mouth and waving his hand about but no words seemed to come out. It was simply outrageous to think that a common maid could stain a Hallyu group's name. Headlines flashed thorough the manager's head. "SHINee Scandal: Their woman is a MAID?!" and "SHINee stoops so low as to playing with maids". Sungmin knew that all his hard work of bringing up the boys would be for nothing.

 

However, as much as he wanted to shout at you, there were more important matters such as dealing with the troublesome media, brewing more and more false reports. Sungmin death-stared you and started to walk away. "I'll deal with you later, ~~~~~-ssi. But for now I need to head back to the office to explain this situation. Don't you dare step out of the house. Same with you SHINee" His voice was deep and commanding and no one was stupid enough to not follow his order.

 

The door slammed shut, with small echoes and for once, the SHINee house stood empty and lifeless. You remained standing, with Sungmin's lecture filling up your thoughts. *What have I done to them….? All the time SHINee took care of me and this is how I repay them?*

 

Key squirmed around in the thick and heavy atmosphere and so tried to break it down a little by a bit of teasing. He crossed his arms and stared at you as if you were some chewed-up gum on his shoe. "Urgh, what have you done now? Now see, this is one of the many reasons why I hate maids. They cause trouble and get others involved. I don't know what our manager was thinking. Are you sure he was sober when he hired you?" he said in a really sarcastic voice, hoping you would play along.

 

Onew, who stood next to him jabbed Key with his elbow and he let out a small wail. "What was that for?!" Key hissed as he looked at Onew but slowly realised that the other members were staring him down too. In fact, they would've tackled him to the ground if they didn't know the circumstances they were currently in. Fighting would only make things worse.

 

You formed your hand into a fist and laughed. "You're right… Maybe he did have a drink or two before he met me and wasn't thinking straight. I'm so sorry this happened because of me…." Tears continued to run down your face and though you wanted to speak more, your throat closed up. Feeling a need to have some privacy and wanting to avoid looking at SHINee, you ran to your room and slammed the door.

 

After you closed the door, Onew turned to Key and placed his hands on his hips. "What was that for?!" he said. Key showed an expression which showed that he didn't know what Onew was talking about. "I mean… why did you say all those things to ~~~~~-ssi?! She was feeling bad already and you just made her feel worse!" Onew was fuming because he hated to see a girl like you be so depressed and defenceless.

 

But Key didn't want to admit his answer and quickly dashed into the room, temporarily escaping. The other members followed after him, making sure that Key would get the lesson he deserves. Onew sighed and slowly walked after them.

 

When you had isolated yourself from the members, you seemed to feel as if you could finally breathe properly again. But soon, the heavy emotions started creeping onto your body and it felt like you were carrying Mt Everest on your shoulders. *I have to leave them… Before I cause any more trouble...*

 

As soon as that thought entered your mind, there wasn't any way it was going to leave. Even though you longed to stay with the playful and fun members of SHINee who had given you so much happiness, having this scandal blow-up kept you from your desire. Even if you were a high school drop-out, you did have some kind of conscience.

 

Slowly and unwillingly, you dragged your feet into the walk-in closet and scanned around for your clothes you wore the day you got hired. After all, they were rightfully yours and the expensive clothes were only on loan and only because you worked for SHINee that you were allowed to wear them. Besides, keeping something that belonged to the SHINee house would remind you of all the memories you had created, even if the time spent together was little.

 

After spotting your clothing sprawled over a small sofa, you dreaded going back to what life was before everything. Working at KFC, no education, no emotions, no family, no money and no life. When you've finished dressing, you took one last look in the mirror. Even though the clothes you had worn previously was probably a thousand times better, you felt that the cheap girl looking back at you is who you will and who you will ever be in your life.  *Fate has probably decided this before I was born. Even if I complain, fate won't change my life would it? But… this is some bad life I have going on here. Fate… you're cruel*

 

You grabbed your bag and opened the door slightly, peeking to see if there were any members outside in the living room. Deciding it was best if you left silently and quickly, you didn't want to cause any commotion and especially no one catching you in the act of escape.

 

No sound was heard and you couldn't see any sign of human life so now was the perfect chance if you wanted to leave. "I'm like some kind of fugitive you see on TV..." you muttered to yourself. Closing the door quietly, you tip-toed to the door and reached out to grab the doorknob.

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

The voice that broke the silence scared you so much that you screamed one of those legendary girl screams that was high enough to break a chandelier. You turned around and was about to lash out at whoever you would see but just managed to stop yourself when you saw Onew standing in the corridor.

 

"I… Um… I'm really just..." You smacked your brain mentally for a reasonable response. "Going out" You actually thought that your answer sounded great until Onew made you squirm about with his doubtful gaze. "Is.. something the matter???" you asked cautiously.

 

Onew took one step closer. "You'd really just go out? After what Manager hyung just said?" His questions were really making you feel uneasy. You looked from side to side, trying to find a great comeback but nothing came to mind. Unlike some people, awesome comebacks that would silent others were not your strong point - like your best friend Minhyuk who is still in the US.

 

Onew predicted from your clothing and expressions that you were going to leave but he wasn't allow his precious maid from doing something like that. So he said something that was almost the same as throwing gasoline onto a already blazing fire.

 

"You wanna go on a date with me? Just the two of us?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 MORE DAY UNTIL…… I HAVE MY HOLIDAYS~ WHOOP WHOOP!

 

And before I have my break, I have a small and random story. A substitute teacher of mine told my group to write a radio script lasting for 10~15mins to present to the class and I typed up everything by myself (because I'm awesome) and then in the next class… ANOTHER SUBSTITUTE COMES AND JUST GOES 'MEH'?!

My pages of typing and staying up…. T.T

 

OH WELLS! It's the up and downs in life that makes living interesting. :D …Or I'm just naturally optimistic ^^

 

Ooo, Some Onew and you time. Haven't had that before hehehehe.

 

So, who is your SHINee bias? I'm curious to know who my awesome subscribers and readers like the best. Because I know a lot of people who just like Taemin the maknae.   :)