Nervous First Press Conference

A Maid's Heart

"WHAT?!"

 

It was unbelievable, and a task totally impossible for someone like you to accomplish. True, you might have been the one that cause this scandal, but surely there must be some other way to solve this issue, instead of talking in front of blinding flashes and strangers.

 

"I'm sorry Onew-ssi. I just… I can't do this. I mean, me… going up there in front of all those people? No way. Hey, did you see the way they scrambled up onto the receptionist? I think I'm better off being untouched by those people. They. Scare. Me" you said rapidly.

 

Onew was trying hard to keep up with your fast pace.  Although he knew that this was unfair to you -a simple maid-, he really wanted to help the members escape from hiding and stop all this commotion about a misunderstanding. Onew walked closer to you and rested his hand on your shoulder.

 

"~~~~~-ssi… I know that this might be the most terrifying thing you have done so far… But this the best and fastest solution. If we just try to wait for everything to go down, who knows when it will end? Or worse, more wrong predications might surface. Please, I beg of you… For SHINee… and me" he said gently.

 

You looked into Onew's eyes and wanted to decline but his desperate and genuine feelings for wanting to save his fellow dongsaengs stopped your mouth from saying it. Plus, he can seriously work those puppy eyes. Instead, you sighed and surrendered. "…Okay, fine. But if start running away at the last minute then you're the one who has to stop me."

 

Onew smiled and nodded. "Deal."

 

                                                    *************************************************************

 

"Oh… my gosh…. Kill me. Right now."

 

You watched -behind a tree- in shock as the many reporters who had previously made the Serenity their temporary camp finally moved into Breeze Field, a big patch of grass near the SHINee house that was home to a couple benches, one set of play equipment and many trees. Usually, this place would be full of people playing, reading, studying, dating, exercising… and whatever else that was suitable to do outside. After all, what better place to be than being surrounded by nature, laughter and sunshine?

 

However, today was a little different than usual since it was a weekday and people were either working, at school or dating somewhere else. So you basically had the whole entire park to Onew, the reporters and you. *Well… at least there aren't any unwanted people that will eavesdrop on this… uh, "conference"*

 

Onew was asking you if you were ready to go meet them and although you said you would go through with this plan, public speaking was never your forte and you were having so many second thoughts and doubts running through your body. Your brain, legs, hands and mouth was telling you not to do this and to ran away as fast as possible.

 

Unconsciously, you were taking a few steps back, trying to avoid getting close to that group of human. But Onew kept his word about stopping you from leaving so he firmly grabbed your arm and slowly pulled you back. "~~~~~-ssi… remember? You said you'd help me?"

 

You stared into Onew's eyes and anytime now you were going to have a panic attack. "Onew-ssi… Okay, I know I agreed to do this but I really think that I'm going to get eaten by those sharks… I mean, do you see them?! They currently turning their heads 360 degrees to try to find us. I'm not good with audiences. I never was! I'm sorry but I can't do this! Wait I just said that didn't I? Oh my gosh, I need to breathe…! Ha~" By the end, your voice was squeaky and you started taking dramatic quick short breaths and Onew knew that you were going out of control.

 

But you didn't know how to stop yourself and kept rambling on. Onew finally resorted his last tactic and shouted at you.

 

"~~~~~-SSI! CALM DOWN!"

 

Surprised from the sudden loud voice, you were somehow feeling better and stopped overreacting - for now. Onew bent down and looked at you from eye-level. "~~~~~-ssi, don't worry. I'm going to be standing next to you and talking as well. It's just that the reporters might need to here it from you that you are only a maid to get them believing us. I trust that you will do well today." And as he finished, he held out his hand. "Do you trust me?"

 

If it was anyone else asking, you might've waited a few seconds but this was the gentle and sweet Onew  

so you placed your hand onto his and smiled. "I do." Onew flashed his glamorous grin and gripped your hand tighter before releasing it.

 

"Let's get this party started."

 

As both Onew and you emerged from the trees, reporters started going crazy, whipping out their cameras of the latest model and snapping pictures of every step you took. Though your head screamed "FLEE! ", your legs kept on guiding you forward until you stopped and faced a crowd of unsettling  reporters who had already started asking their questions.

 

If you were by yourself doing this you would have no idea how to calm them down but thankfully Onew was standing right beside you and knew how to settle everything. He held up his hand and waited until the reporters got the point and ceased their talking.

 

When everyone was quiet, he smiled and thanked them. "First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone for having to move all the way from the Serenity to Breeze Field and I apologize for any inconvenience caused." Then he straightened up and took on a more serious expression.

 

"I have arranged this mini press conference today in order to sort out the many scandals that are currently revolving around SHINee and the 'mystery girl'. Now I know from first glance that it might seem as though two of my bandmates went on a date with her. But I can assure you, the reality is that they were only taking her out for a treat because… well, she was working extremely hard for the past few days and they believed that she should take break from her duties. After all, cleaning up after idols is very tiring and very different from cleaning up after normal families."

 

You stared at Onew in shock and wondered how he managed to say all of that so cool and collected. *Besides, was he referring to me when he said the 'mystery girl' was working extremely hard?* But then, you thought about the first time you had to clean the house and some problems you had faced with SHINee - namely Key. You kind of started to agree with Onew that you did work hard. *Well, I do like to work to my fullest and… I do get paid a good sum so might as well do my best to keep this job!*

 

One reporter shouted out from the crowd. "So… who is this 'mystery girl'? What do you mean by 'working extremely hard for the past few days'? And, who is that girl standing next to you? Is that the girl in the scandal?" As soon as he asked those questions, everyone started to buzz, admitting to each other that they didn't really get that bit as well.

 

During the fuss, Onew whispered in your ear. "I think it should be your turn to start talking now that they have all these questions they want answered." You nodded, inhaled deeply and exhaled.

 

"Um… uh…. Can I get your attention please?" you asked quietly but everyone was talking over you so no one heard. You tried saying it again louder but it was futile. Then you remembered the action that Onew did when the conference first started so you copied him and put your hand up.

 

Soon, people realised your hand being raised up and stopped their chatter. *Wow… This really does work!* "Thank you. Hello, my name is Jang ~~~~~ and I am that 'mystery girl' that people keep talking about. However, I am not related to SHINee in any kind of dating relationship. I am simply a normal maid that was hired to clean up after SHINee's house so that when they come home from their busy schedule, it is tidy and welcoming. Since SHINee are idols and does not have much time to clean or cook often, it would be unhygienic for dust or rubbish to collect everywhere." You lifted your chin up and felt much confident than before. "There is absolutely nothing going on between the members and myself."

 

A woman reporter put her hand up this time. "Then why were you seen hanging out with members Kim Jonghyun and Lee Taemin. Do you have any comments on this?" She whipped out her notepad and  clicked her pen, ready to get all the information down.

 

"Oh, yes… about that. Trust me, that was no date. It was because I've been working so hard that they decided to let me have a rather delicious break. I mean, I had to clean up so much trash on the first day of work and-" You were about to spill about the dirty toilets and an over flooding fridge when you felt a tug on your shirt and realised that you would've ruined SHINee's image without even realising it. "Oh, sorry. Haha..."

 

You watched as many reporters wrote down what you just said and felt slightly relieved. "All in all, SHINee are just one of the nicest boss someone can have and that I only have a work relationship with them" you said confidently. One reporter questioned your  comment about only having a work relationship. "Nothing will happen between us because..." You wracked your brain for something that would stop those doubtful questions and shut those reporters up. "They're not my ideal type. Mine is definitely someone like TOP from Big Bang or 2PM's Taecyeon" And you flashed them your brightest smile.

 

At last, everyone believed the words you said and one by one, started leaving to work on their new -honest- report. When the last of the reporters left, you fell to the soft grass and felt yourself breathing properly again. Onew squatted down and patted your head. "You did good today, I'm so proud of you" he smiled. As you heard that, you blushed and said it was all thanks to Onew's help.

 

A figure from behind a large oak tree snuck a look at the two of you. When they saw that the crowd had gone, he turned around and grinned. "Thank goodness she was able to do it. I guess I didn't need to worry after all."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! The fastest chapter update after the previous one~ -parties with coke and chips-

 

I've always asked myself if the chapters are long because the scroll down rectangle button seems to get kind of smaller every few chapters. O.o

 

OH WELL! I guess like typing and sometimes inspiration just pops in my head and I need to type more!

 

:D