One Sweet Couple and… A Stalker?!

A Maid's Heart

You left your mouth dangling open like a fishing net, processing all the words Taemin had just said to you. The maknae of SHINee…. Wants to go on a date with their below-average maid. *Okay…. Um…. I don't know what to say. I mean, I'd LOVE to go (who wouldn't) but isn't this like breaking the rules kind of???*

 

Taemin  stood patiently in front of you, eagerly waiting for your answer. He had never asked anyone out before as he used to think that all the women were all the same. They only gave him attention because he was the youngest and cute. But he hates it. He also doesn't like being pitied when he does something wrong during his schedule. But you…. the maid who was hired to work didn't do any of that. You were kind, considerate and didn't ask for anything in return. You even soak up all the insults Key throws at you. Taemin also thought that you were one of the prettiest girls in the world and he loved how your eyes were so honest.

 

Finally, you quenched his growing eagerness. "I'd love to but, isn't that against the rules?" you asked, nervously. Taemin then thought about it and his face shined even more, making you almost blind with his smile.

 

"Ei…. What do you mean 'rules'? There are none! So if there's none then everything's perfectly fine right? C'mon, lets go~!" nagged Taemin cutely. But that nagging really did the trick because for starters, you could never resist that natural aegyo and boy, does he use that technique well. Taemin could probably take home the 'Aegyo King' trophy if there were such a thing. But above all, you were excited to go on a date with Taemin since the two of you haven't spent any time together since you've started working.

 

"Okay, let's go! Ah, but let me finish washing these and I'll go get changed" you said happily and scrubbed the plates and pans as quickly as you could, almost whirling up a tornado with the water as Taemin walked around the living room happily. After that, you ran into your room and searched everywhere for the perfect outfit for a date.

 

*Hmm…. What I'm going to wear today has to be perfect! But…. What is perfect anyways?* Using the outfits you see girls wear in dramas as a reference, you put together a cute white shirt with pink hearts, a pastel blue skirt put at the waist and small lavender heels with lacing around the counter. You wanted your clothes to express a cute and more feminine side rather than a formal or casual one. Before leaving the room, you took one last final look and fixed the navy blue ribbon headband you had on. You had to admit, even you thought you looked like you popped out of a drama.

 

The moment you walked out of the room and said to Taemin that you were ready, he wasn't listening. Instead, Taemin was captivated by your goddess-like beauty. How brilliantly you could make simple clothes look like a million dollars. He suddenly remembered that the designers who made the clothes you were wearing said that they wanted SHINee's future girlfriends to wear them. Taemin started to think that they were correct. "She'd make a perfect girlfriend…." he muttered to himself.

 

"Huh?" you asked as you heard Taemin say something. But he said 'nothing' and so it was finally time for the two of you to start your date! However as you left, the door to member's room opened more than it already was and out stepped a figure. He looked at the door you left in and felt a pang of envy.

 

"I wish I could've gone instead…. But maybe I still can - undercover" he said.

 

                                                       ******************************************************

 

"Waah,  this is so cool!" you exclaimed as you arrived inside the theater.

 

Taemin wanted to be the guide for today and bring you to the places he had wanted to go with his future girlfriend. The first destination was the Sweetbox Theater in Apgujeong. It was your first time in this area because this place is a luxurious one and since you've been living the life of a broke high schooler, there was not much going on for you here.

 

Taemin kindly bought the tickets and you hadn't seen a movie in a while so you were excited! When you walked in, you were so surprised. Rather than the normal movies with the dull seats and armrests on both sides, this one was made especially for couples. With its double sofas in the colour red, it allowed couples to snuggle in close with each other while watching a movie. The maknae smiled as the two of you took a sofa in the second-last row. *Now, there's going to be some chances for quality time between me and… my future girlfriend*

 

While the advertisements were running, you and Taemin started to talk about yourselves to try to get closer with one another. More couples walked in holding hands but there was one suspicious-looking person them. That person was wearing sunglasses, a face mask so his face was fully covered and a thick coat to make him seem like any normal Korean.

 

He looked around for a while, searching almost every row when he saw that two of you, sitting closely  and talking as if you were sharing secrets. He felt a pang of jealously in his heart and it felt like someone really hit him there. "Why are they sitting so close?! It's not like they're even a couple…. Eish!" he complained quietly while walking up the steps to get closer you.

 

Sitting himself right behind you, he occupied both of the seats to himself and many couples gave him weird looks or sympathetic faces. He did feel a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed as he could hear the couples talk about him loudly.

 

"Omo, oppa! Look, there's a person sitting there all by themself… Aw, they're so pitiful"

 

"You're right! His date probably rejected him and so he has to watch it himself. Look at him, pretending to be okay by hiding behind a disguise and taking both the seats. Poor guy…."

 

The "poor guy" almost wanted to grab the drink from the girlfriend's hand and pour it all over them. How can they call someone pitiful when they don't even know the situation?! Not to mention they say it loud enough for the couples around them to hear and that attracted more attention to the lonely guy taking over the whole sofa. *Hmmph… If only I wasn't famous I would just….! Ah.. No, I shouldn't. I should be watching ~~~~~ and Taemin. How did he even get her to agree to this? Wouldn't I be a better date? I've got muscles, abs, strong vocals and good looks. Just what does Taemin have and I don't?* And he pouted cutely, though no one could see behind his mask.

 

Then the lights dimmed, signalling that the movie will start soon. You and Taemin stopped whispering and focused your attention on the movie screen. But then you just realised something. *Oh right…. I don't even know what we're going to be watching. I didn't ask Taemin-ssi about it and he hasn't told me either. Well, I hope it’s a good one*

 

You waited patiently for the title of the movie's name to be projected and when it did, you almost screamed. In giant block orange font, the screen read 'DESPICABLE ME 2'. You had been wanting to watch this movie since it was said to come out in a month. Though you really loved those little minions and their adorable way of talking, you didn't have the extra cash to spend so you only imagined how the movie would be like.

 

But here you were, on a date with the youngest member of SHINee, watching the movie you've been dying to see… *Could this day get any better?! OH. EM. GEE! I must've saved a country in my past life to be sitting here right now! DAEBAK!*

 

During the movie, you and Taemin laughed, cried and gasped at the events the happened. Of course, you squealed at the minion talk but while your eyes were glued to the screen, Taemin was watching you. *She's so cute… Cuter than any girl I've ever seen. She also doesn't scream or fangirl over me 24/7. Boy, have I got enough of that. She's…. natural and unlike any other girl I've met. I wonder if we'll make a great couple together….*

 

When the movie ended, you finally relaxed your back and slumped deeper into the sofa. "Woah… That was such a great movie! Thanks for taking me here Taemin-ssi~" you said happily. Taemin smiled and blushed a bit but then realised that something wasn't really in place.

 

"Mmmm..." thought Taemin as he tapped his chin. "~~~~~-ah, you just called me Taemin-ssi right? Well, don't you think that makes me sound… kind of old?" You weren't really getting what Taemin was saying but it sounded like he wanted you to agree so you nodded your head.

 

"Orabeoni….? Will that work? But that makes me sound a bit old too so… Ah!" Taemin's eyes suddenly gleamed and he turned to you so quickly that your faces were only 5cm apart. "Oppa! How about oppa! It sounds nice plus it doesn't make me sound old. How about it? So in the future, you can call me Taemin oppa or oppa if you want" said Taemin happily.

 

You nodded understandingly and also thought that 'Taemin oppa' sounded better than 'Taemin-ssi'. You were about to try out the new name for Taemin when someone shouted so loudly it made the two of you jump.

 

"OPPA?! YOU'RE REALLY GOING TO CALL HIM OPPA?!"

 

Surprised, you looked back and saw a single man standing, looking at you with one arm flailing in the air and the other on his hip. At first, you couldn't make out who this person was and why they were listening to your conversation with Taemin. But since the lights were on, slowly you started to see their features and one particular one attracted your attention - their eyes. They might've worn sunglasses but you'd recognise those eyes anywhere.

 

"KIM JONGHYUN!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyllo~

OMG, yesterday it was SO cold and I regretted wearing shorts! In the morning it was fine so I didn't really mind but the weather changed my mind so easily. To make matters worse, I got a cold and a fever when I got back… Hehe, what I get for trying to look nice in Spring… T.T

Wherever you guys are, remember to protect your health because its important! ^^

 

OMG, the Sweetbox Theater~ The pictures of it on the internet make watching movies so much more romantic ;D