hush Kyuhyun..

Wanna bet Sungmin?

“SUNGMINNN!!!” Kyuhyun called-out to running Min

 

“She didn’t hear you. Wow!!! She sure runs fast!” Heechul teased.

 

“Yah noona, what are you doing here??”

 

“Oh.. Yesung and Dad!”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes annoyed. “As if i’ve done a terrible thing this time for you to appear noona!!!”

 

“Answer his damn calls if you don’t want to see me OFTEN! By the way, who’s that cutie?  Tell me.” She demanded.

 

“My girl...” Kyu answered with his infamous smirk.

 

“I should go and see ‘your’ girl then..”

 

“Do as you please, I know nothing can stop you but enough with your teeny-weenie tricks.. and tell Yesung the truth!!!”

 

“Whatever!!” She answered then left heading she only knows where.

=

 

School

 

“Good morning Sungmin!! Did you get home safely last time?” Kyuhyun greeted but Sungmin refused to face him and pretended to be asleep on her desk.

 

“Heyyy.....” Kyu tried again, still no response.

 

“You know what happens when you ignore me, right?” He warned.

 

“Mmmm... Sungmin.. Did you by any chance get mad because Kim Heechul ruined our date?” He whispered in a soft tone.

 

“It’s not a date!!” She finally opened still not facing Kyuhyun. “Just leave!” But instead of leaving, Kyuhyun chose to sit beside ‘sulking’ Sungmin while

smiling sheepishly.

 

“Were you jealous?” He asked teasingly.

 

“In your dreams. Just leave.”  She repeated.

 

“Why are you even avoiding me these days? Aren’t we getting along already?”

 

It made Sungmin to face Kyuhyun and smugly answered with a question. “You really want to know?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You’re such a pain in the !!! You are always messing up with my mood. Do you really enjoy making fun of me?! I am not your TOY, remind you! I hate people

like you. So could you please leave me alone?!!" He was surprised so he just said nothing and left quietly while Sungmin was surprised herself too for spouting

harsh words to him. After the incident, Kyuhyun kept his distance from Sungmin and thought about her words.

 

 

“Minnie-ah... Why so grumpy these days???” Her best friend Hyuk asked her after their class ended.

 

“Sorry Hyukie. I don’t feel like talking right now...” She honestly answered.

 

“Okay... but you know I’m always here for you, right?.” She reminded.

 

“Yes, thank you. Ahm.. Hyukie, I will go to the library to borrow some books. You may go home first.”

 

Hyuk smiled and gave Sungmin a hug. “Sungmin-ah.. You’ve never change a bit. You always go to a quiet place to clear your mind when something’s bothering you

 

instead of talking. But i won’t force you to tell me now and don’t worry too much it’ll be okay.”

 

“I’m sorry Hyukie.. I’ll be fine in no time, thanks...”

 

 

     They went on their ways after talking. And just as Sungmin said, she went to the library. She took out some Psychology books from the shelf and decided

to read it instead of borrowing. She’s not really the type who likes reading, she was just flipping the pages and looking at the pictures. She finds those books

interesting because it taught her on how you view things in different angles and perspectives. At some moment, she remembers the things she said to Kyuhyun and

somehow her conscience is bugging her. She thought that she went too far and she needed to apologize. Then after she tire her eyes from reading books, she

returned them on the bookshelves but she suddenly felt dizzy that almost made her lose her balance. So she squatted down, face on her knees and not moving.

Then a guy came rushing towards her.

 

“Sungmin!! Sungmin! Are you okay??? Sungmin!!!” He asked worriedly and started to shake her ‘cause he thought she fainted.

 

Sungmin was feeling weak but still managed to look up to the familiar voice which made him to panic. “Oh my gosh Lee Sungmin!! You are paper-white pale!! 

Let’s go to the clinic!!”

 

“N..no.. Just let me rest..” She said on a pleading tone because he was about to carry him and then she placed her forefinger to her lips to silence him from his 

noisy talking.

 

     He got the message and just stayed quietly beside Sungmin. It took her quite some time to recover but by the time she was recharged, she’s already back on 

her feet and stared to his noisy companion.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?? You scare the hell out of me Lee Sungmin!!” he exclaimed.

 

“Hey... I’m alive and you are exaggerating Cho Kyuhyun!” she pointed out.

 

He sighed then his face softened and cupped Sungmin’s cheeks. “Are you sure you’re really feeling better now?...”

 

She felt blood rushed to her face with the warmth from Kyuhyun. She looked away before answering.. “I’m not getting enough sleep these past few days and yes, I’m okay.”

 

“Sungmin.. I know you hate me but atleast let me accompany you home today. I just wanted to make sure you’ll get home safe.”

 

     She didn’t protest anymore and nodded on Kyuhyun because she felt his sincerity on his words. Then, there was an awkward silence on their way to Sungmin’s.

 

“Oh Sungmin, did you forget to pay your electric bills? There’s no electricity...” He was looking around when he noticed.. “even on your neighbor’s! Is there a brownout?”

 

“I think so.” She stiffly answered.

 

“Want me to accompany you inside? It’s pretty dark..”

 

“yes..” Sungmin answered almost a whisper. She felt shameless at that time to ask Kyuhyun to stay after what happened.

 

“You have candles?” Kyuhyun asked when entered her house.

 

“I don’t. But I have this!” She showed him a rechargeable animal-figure cow lamp and turned it on at the same time.

 

“Woah!! This is cute.. like you Minnie!” He teased to break the awkwardness.

 

     They sat on the sofa in the living room. Kyuhyun entertained themselves by making animal shapes out of the shadows using his hands, a dog, a duck, even a

dinosaur, a rabbit and many more. Sungmin was watching him in amazement like a kid and liked the rabbit-shape the most that she asked Kyuhyun to teach her.

 

“Sungmin...” Kyuhyun started a conversation. “I clearly understood what you meant when you told me those things the last time. You hate me, I know... And you

might not even want to see me again yet I’m still here bothering you... Sorry...”

 

     There was silence again and Sungmin began collecting her thoughts till she was ready to speak.

 

“Kyuhyun...”

 

     He turned his head to Sungmin’s direction when he heard her called his name. Many thoughts ran through his head at that moment, wondering what she’s going

to tell him.

 

“I admit, I do hate you because you are always there when my weakness appears. Why do you have to discover them?! First, about the thunder then this afternoon

you saw me too and now, about my fear of darkness. You keep on showing up. I was an independent person until I met you!”

 

“Oh...”

 

 “But... I have never regretted meeting you, pain-in-the- Cho Kyuhyun. And, thank you for today...” She explained and smiled at Kyuhyun unconsciously.

 

“Eh... Are you confessing right now??” He teased to lighten up the mood.

 

     Sungmin rolled her eyes and laughed at Kyuhyun because they both realized that they are getting uncomfortable with serious talks.

 

“Ahm.. About Heechul noona.. She’s not really my fiancée... She’s my-”

 

“Sister, I know.. She told me...”

 

“When???” He asked surprised.

 

“About a week ago, she visits at the cafe often...”

 

“This maybe a late warning but she really likes playing tricks on people.”

 

“Yes... She told me. And, I can tell that she’s your sister for real. She’s as mischief as someone I know!!”

 

Kyuhyun just chuckled.. “She told you?! Ha! She must’ve really liked you!!”

 

“I apologize for what I’ve said before...” said Sungmin getting back on their topic.

 

“Getting serious again?? Okay, apology accepted on one condition...”

 

Sungmin gave him a “what” look.

 

He tilted his head a bit to the side and pointed his finger on his cheeks teasing... “a kiss”.

 

“Alright!” She reached out her hands to cup for Kyuhyun’s cheeks and gave him a gentle kiss on his forehead.

 

Kyuhyun was stunned and froze on his place. He cannot believe it all. “Did you just--??

 

The culprit was watching his every reaction and giggling evilly to Kyuhyun like she just outsmarted a mischievous hyena...

 

======

hi you ! yes, YOU! annyeong!

i think this chapter is too long, right?

but hope you'll enjoy reading! ^^