Only For Her

Signs of Destiny

 

 

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."

 Judy Garland

 


 

 

Jeon Hyosung wiped the brow of her forehead, smudging a bit of dirt. For being an early spring day, it was awfully warm outside her house back home. She picked up the spade she had set down and began to dig another little hole. Once she felt it was deep enough, she carefully took one of the potted, white lilies and set its' roots into the hole. She filled the hole back up, keeping the dirt a bit loose, and then watered it. She had done this several times over all ready with not only lilies, but also with buttercups, begonias, and a few other flowers.

 

 

Looking over at the beginning of the garden, Hyosung smiled. There was a bush in bloom there that had been planted by Kikwang back before they moved out, furthering their study. He had remembered her favourite flower: a bleeding heart. The little pink heart-shaped flowers hung in curved rows, peeking between the leaves. Kikwang had told her that the flowers reminded him of her.

 

 

Turning to look behind her, Hyosung saw Kikwang up on the ladder. He was painting the outside of her house a light green. He had a can of paint perched on the ladder with him and he would periodically dip the brush in it. Sometimes drips of paint would fall to the bushes below him.

 

 

Of course, what held Hyosung's gaze was the sight of Kikwang shirtless, stretching his arm above him to reach a high point. The muscles in his back moved scintillatingly under his lightly tanning skin. Hyosung wiped at her forehead again, but not from the heat of the day.

 

 

As Kikwang finished another patch, he climbed down the ladder. It was time to move it over to start in another spot. Hyosung approached him with the hose in hand. She had used it to rinse her hands of dirt and to take a drink. She thought Kikwang would appreciate some of the cool water.

 

 

"Hey," Hyosung said.

 

 

"Hey yourself." Kikwang smiled at her and took the hose from her hand. He brought the gently running water to his mouth and took in mouthfuls of the cool liquid. After he had his fill, he poured some of the water over him. Hyosung watched as the droplets ran over his body in the sunlight. Oh, that man…

 

 

"You're looking a bit hot there, Hyo," Kikwang said. Hyosung looked back to his face, a mischievous grin upon it. She knew that grin. "Maybe I should cool you down a bit."

 

 

And before Hyosung got a word of protest out, or any sound at all, Kikwang spritzed her in the face with the water from the hose. After the initial shock of cold water wore off, Hyosung made to grab at the hose and got another shot of water. Kikwang danced just out of her grasp, continuing to spritz her with water and laughing.

 

 

Hyosung stopped stalking Kikwang as an idea popped in her head.

 

 

"Well, look at me now, Ki. I'm all wet!" She gave a dramatic sigh. "I can't stay in these wet clothes, I'm just going to have to take them off."

 

 

She started with her black tank top. She pulled it slowly over her head, revealing the turquoise string bikini top underneath. She peeked over at Kikwang and saw his hand limply holding the hose, the water running over his bare feet.  Hyosung threw the shirt to the side.

 

 

"There we go. Much better!" She looked at Kikwang. He was frozen in place, his mouth opened slightly. Quickly, Hyosung grabbed the hose from his hand.

 

 

"Wha—" was all Kikwang got out before he became doused in water. He stood there for a moment before he took off, realizing Hyosung now had the hose. The tables had turned. Hyosung raced after him, but the chase did not last long. From all the water, the grass had become wet.

 

 

Kikwang slipped on the grass, landing on his back. Unable to stop herself, Hyosung tripped over him and landed on top of him. She heard him let out an "oomph!" as she impacted with his stomach. The hose landed in a bush and rained down water on both of them.

 

 

Hyosung rolled off Kikwang and laid beside him, both of them breathing heavily. The stream of water continued to rain down on them, the irony striking both of them.

 

 

"Truce?" she heard Kikwang say.

 

 

She looked to her left to see him smiling widely. He looked so innocent and pleading with his wet, messy brunette hair dropping into his deep, dark brown eyes. She smiled, then began to laugh loudly. She leaned over him and kissed him on the nose.

 

 

"Only if you make some of your fresh squeezed lemonade I like so much," she said.

 

 

"Deal." Both of them sat up and Kikwang helped her to a standing position. He hugged her to him, briefly gave her a chaste kiss before Hyosung went to turn off the hose, the yard now sufficiently watered, and Kikwang went to towel off on the patio before he went inside the house to make lemonade.

 

 

Hyosung smiled wistfully as she watched him disappear through the door. Sometimes Kikwang could be so childish. When these little moments came about, Hyosung couldn't help but laugh along with him and enjoy it. She adored and cherished every playful moment with him, for they were sometimes far and in between. And he only did them in front of her.

 

 

Only for her.

 

 


 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

 

Another short update! Fluffs everywhere, I swear I am possessed by fluffs spirit. An almost lemony scene there, but nothing major. Hope you like it? *hides in the corner.

 

Just a heads up, as I think some readers might be confused over this story. They are all one shots, like I've stated previously. One shots of how their lives intertwine with each other from the beginning to the end. 

 

Anyway, future updates might be as short as this as I have just started with new semester, so might be a wee bit busy to update long ones. Sorry! *bows.