You Make Me Smile

Signs of Destiny
Just some fluffs.
FLUFFS I TELL YOU, FLUFFS!
 
 
 
It starts in my toes
And I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes
I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go.
 
Colbie Caillat's Bubbly.
 
 
 

 

 
Some days, when one wakes up, one knows on some deep level that the day is going to be . Everything that can be miserable, will be. Coffee will always taste burnt, traffic will be hell, weather will be crap, and everything in general that can possibly conspire to make life hell will single-mindedly bend toward that sadistic goal.
 
 
Then there are days that are the complete opposite. One will wake up, stretch, and go bouncing out of bed, smiling. The kind of morning that morning people would have if there were such thing as morning people.Jeon Hyosung was having one of the latter kind of days.
 
 
When she woke up that morning, she'd tossed off the sheets, went skipping into Lee Kikwang's room and took his pillow. Since his head had been under said pillow, this would have proved an effective means of waking him had he not immediately pulled the sheets over his head. Hyosung solved this problem by simply whisking the sheets off the bed entirely.
 
 
"Come on, you lazy ," she said in a sing-song voice, lightly rapping the back of his head. "Time to get up!" Then she slapped him on the playfully and went skipping out of the room. Still carrying the sheets and his pillow. Kikwang sighed and flopped his head on the mattress, then began groping about for his shirt without opening his eyes. A short time later, there followed the usual routine of making breakfast, Hyosung dressed and enjoyed a cup of coffee with Kikwang.
 
 
"What's with you today?" Kikwang grumbled. He nursed a steaming cup of coffee in his hand, black as death, sweet as love and hot as hell. The perfect, and only, way to get him running for the day.
 
 
She shrugged and grinned. "I don‘t know. Just one of those good days, you know?" Smiling merrily, she dunked her toast in her coffee and crunched it down. Kikwang just grunted and sipped the precious elixer that got him moving every morning.
 
 
"I have to go to the bank today," Hyosung said. "You want to come?"
 
 
Kikwang shook his head. "Nah, I better hold the fort. Need to finish up with the that paper or Prof. Ho will surely fails me." he said.
 
 
"Anything you need me to get while I'm out?" Hyosung asked.
 
 
"Yeah, some cookies I guess? Sudden craving."
 
 
"Mmmkay." Hyosung polished off her breakfast, grabbed a leather jacket and dashed for the door, pausing only to ruffle his hair and gave him a chaste kiss. "See you later, handsome!"
 
 
"You're not human," he said, still groggy from having to wake up early, and sipped his coffee darkly.
 
 
 

 

 
Hyosung got back just at two o'clock. The house was rather quiet on Saturday, on contrary to the usual days as it would usually be packed with their friends hanging around. Now, even past lunch, not a soul graced the tables of the kitchen. They might be still sleeping, Hyosung thought.
 
 
"I'm home!" Hyosung called cheerfully. She carried two full bags of various odds and ends that were needed. Her perky and upbeat mood had not diminished in the slightest over the hours. She took the stairs two at a time and rounded the corner to enter the study.
 
 
There she found Kikwang, sitting at a table, endeavoring to solve a jigsaw puzzle. He gave a curt hello and cursed - it seemed that two pieces had gotten hopelessly jammed together. The glorious image of a kitten digging up a petunia had been marred, the pieces hopelessly bent. They weren't, she noticed, the only pieces that had suffered similar treatment, leaving Kikwang muttering under his breath and giving the kitten on the box a death glare now and then.
 
 
He was adorable.
 
 
It was at that moment that Hyosung got an Idea. It was a very good idea and she nearly burst out laughing just thinking about it. Without a second's hesitation, she decided to carry it out. Dumping the bags on the desk, Hyosung went over to him and kissed him soundly on the cheek. "Guess what happened today!"
 
 
"What?" Surprised by her greeting, he did.
 
 
Grinning from ear to ear, she sat down on the desk chair and kicked off her shoes. "I saw the most amazing man today." She wiggled her toes and spun the chair around so that her hair went flying and she laughed.
 
 
"Wait, what?" Kikwang frowned at her in surprise. "Who? A celebrity or something?"
 
 
Hyosung tilted her head and looked thoughtful. "Oh, I suppose you could call him that." Then she grinned and said, "He is just the iest thing you ever did see, let me tell you. Mmm! He looks positively edible!"
 
 
Laughing at the startled and confused look on Kikwang's face, Hyosung jumped out of the chair and went skipping down the stairs. In the dining room, she started to clean up the kitchen, as she always did after cooking - except that the kitchen was sparkling clean. A distraught Kikwang followed her, confusion scrawled on his face. "What?" was all he could say.
 
 
"He's like everything a girl could possibly want," Hyosung rhapsodized. "Gorgeous, tall, good shoulders, incredible abs." Here she paused in her stacking the plates and winked at him suggestively, the tip of her tongue flicking her lips. "And he's got this perfect, tight little that I just wanna-"
 
 
"Too much information!" Kikwang hastily interjected.
 
 
Giggling, Hyosung whirled to another countertop, almost dancing across the distance in her positive delight and started rearranging the cups there. "And he's got the most beautiful eyes ever!" she went on. She sighed and paused a moment, a hand to her chest. "I could just stare at them forever." For a moment, she stared into space with a wistful expression, then sighed rapturously and continued stacking.
 
 
"I don't get it..." Kikwang said doubtfully. He didn't look as if he truly believed what she was saying, that maybe this was a lead-up to a joke.
 
 
Hyosung whirled by him to another counter, tapping his nose playfully with one finger. "He's perfect! He's got such a cute sense of humor, he's quiet, doesn't brag like other guys, and - oh! - he's just so wonderful, always trying to help others out. He always tries to act like a hardass but it's so obvious he's just gooey inside. What can I say? I'm in love! You really only find guys like this in fairy tales, you know? I'm so lucky to have met him."
 
 
"What the hell, Hyosung?" Kikwang stood at the kitchen bar, looking incredibly hurt and confused. She felt a pang of guilt. "How the hell did you meet this wonder man?"
 
 
Hyosung grinned. "Actually, you're not going to believe this. He's from Seoul too!"
 
 
"What?!" Kikwang's eyes widened. "You mean like that ... Daehyun guy? The brunette?"
 
 
Hyosung couldn't believe her luck, or that he remembered Daehyun. He'd actually tricked himself more into believing her ruse than she ever could have! She nodded and skipped over to the door to lock it.
 
 
"Yes!" she squeaked. "He's got this incredible brunette hair; I just want to run my hands through it every time I see him."
 
 
Hyosung glanced at him flirtatiously across the room. Kikwang was leaning against the bar now, looking utterly dejected. Now was the perfect time for the drop. She strode over to him and ran her hands through his hair. His eyes automatically half-closed when she did it, something that always made him relax no matter the circumstances. "He has the most amazing hair ever," she said softly. "I've never seen anyone with spiky hair like him."
 
 
A spark of mischievousness lit in Kikwang's eyes, accompanied by wary understanding. "That so?"
 
 
Hyosung giggled. "And he's got this entire badass look going for him, too. Not many could pull it off I think, but he does it very well, and it is … just so y!" She tapped the tip of his nose to punctuate the last three words, making him smirk. "I love how he wears this one earring," she gently tugged on Kikwang's ear with his earring, "It just makes him look so butch."
 
 
A sheepish smile crept onto Kikwang's lips as he his earring. "Really?"
 
 
"But you know what I love about him though? It's the way he holds me."
 
 
"I'll bet," Kikwang said. He put his arms around her, pulling her close, and she sighed happily, lacing her fingers behind his neck.
 
 
"And he has this most amazing kiss ever," Hyosung added, rolling her eyes in emphasis. "It just makes me melt every time."
 
 
Smirking, Kikwang kissed her, long and lingering. Hyosung shivered with delight. "And what I absolutely love most about him ..."
 
 
He raised an eyebrow. "I think I know where this is going..."
 
 
"Is when he picks me up..." She continued, grinning.
 
 
Kikwang scooped her off her feet, one arm supporting her back and the other her legs.
 
 
"Carries me upstairs..."
 
 
Laughing, he carried her up the stairs.
 
 
"And retires to bed for a while!" Hyosung finished. She laughed as Kikwang carried her to the bedroom. Standing just beyond the threshold, Kikwang kissed her again, even better than last. During this, Hyosung hooked the edge of the door with her foot and gave it a nudge. It slowly began to swing closed.
 
 
"So, what was it you were going to say about my ?"
 
 
The door shut with a click.
 
 
 
 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
 
Why hello there, you cob-webbed page! 
 
Um, I mean, hello there readers! Have no words to say except .. I'm sorry? Cliche as it is, I am really occupied with life at university so much that I barely give a thought about writing. I do lurk around, reading fics though. Hehe.
 
Happy reading, readers ... that is if there are any left :(
<3